TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 09:40:03 am
Home Login Register
News: rimantartur constructed some Grade 15 Fencing Materials   (Odds: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Topic: IRC Channel(s) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: IRC Channel(s)  (Read 3064 times)
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« on: July 24, 2006, 03:47:02 am »

I have not participated in any TW-related IRC channels. Nor do I know if official/unofficial channels are helpful for new players. So I need your help because there appears to be disagreements about the the officialness of certain channels. Please use this thread to discuss this issue.

My questions: If an official channel is not helpful for new players, does there need to be an official channel? Does an endorsement of particular channels belong in the wiki?

Now a warning: If this pissing contest continues in the wiki, I will hand out IP bans which will prevent certain IP addresses from editing the wiki. The bans will be at least a week long. I may go lighter on the ban duration if whomever edits the wiki does so while logged in with their TW name (so we know who made which edit) and if said person writes a BRIEF description of the reasoning for wiki edits.

And remember clatra's rule of thumb:
TW forums = free speech zone (just do not take it too far)
toadwiki = community edited, collaborative project

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 04:01:27 am »

The current official channel is #toad, because Dragoon says so.

There are a number of other channels, and it might be nice to add them to the wiki, but #toad is the only official channel, and unless Dragoon says otherwise it will remain that way.

In order of members, here are all of the public IRC channels relating to Toadwater:

#Toadwater - the official channel for a long time, until recently when Dragoon created #toad, owned by mattseigman
#toadwater_lite - Created by Shanli because of the lack of moderation in #toadwater, a somewhat stricter channel but still with a large number of people, owned by Zorgon
#tw - one of the oldest channels, revitalised by Qill, who isn't welcome in #toadwater, owned by Trojal
#toad - the official channel, owned by Dragoon
#toadwater_heavy - a rather pointless counterpart to the lite channel, a joke really.  Owned by Jester_Royal
#toadwater2 - A rather empty channel, I don't know much about it but I presume it was made because BaldEagle was banned from #toadwater, owned by BaldEagle
#TWTrivia - trivia run by Myrrdin on his bot Pelleas, people visit occasionally to play.  Owned by Pelleas

There are other channels which are private, and I may have missed some public ones, but to be honest the last four have less than 5 people in them, so they're a little pointless because of the larger more useful channels.

I would definately recommend mentioning #toadwater on the wiki as it is the largest channel, so you're most likely to find help and someone active to chat with in there.

Doctor Horrible
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:31:30 am »

Oh and yes.. Toadwater_heavy was just a big joke. I registered it to spite a few players who were being dumb. Smiley so.. its not even worth being on the list of toadwater channels.
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:44:27 am »

I have completed a guide to installing and using mIRC for the first time:
http://www.toadwater.com/Guide/index.php/MIRC

And I will probably re-do the Chatroom page in the near future.  I would suggest that if people keep on messing around and changing the official channel then it simply be locked.

Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 12:35:58 am »

I like the first sentence of Spider's explanation of IRC channels.

You could eliminate any reference to the actual IRC channel and he would still be correct in theory.
spheric
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:31:28 pm »

how on earth did we end up in this mess?

Surely theres really only any need for a single toadwater channel, - and as far as newb-friendliness goes lets face the toadwater community as a whole doesnt exactly scream "helpful & friendly" does it? I for one am glad to help peeps in any way I can, and I know there are a few others but a large number of people should probably consider not talking to newbs at all rather than biting their heads off.

I've always idled in toadwater but Id no idea that the official moniker had been removed
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 02:41:50 pm »

#toadwater is the channel most people hang out in, and was the official channel until Dragoon made #toad.  He had good reasons for this.

So if you need to talk to Dragoon, go to #toad, otherwise, come chill in #toadwater Mr Elf

prask
Centivelian
----------

I'm a more of an oblate spheroid.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 05:00:49 pm »

#tw is used because Trojal runs a bot that posts fence chopping activity.  One size does not fit all.

--edit--
Sorry about that.  You are completely correct, Rize.  Thanks for the correction.  #toadwater_lite
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:34:15 pm by prask » Logged

Its official. Cheesy

Prask's ideas are good, and make sense.

prask knows what he's talking about.
Rizes Shadow
Best Accent Ever
Centivelian
----------

Ex-Toadwater representative

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 05:10:20 pm »

#toadwater_lite you mean Wink

Thats the channel with Trojals script, and it was created by Shanli to be a troll free channel.

<farmout> <Rize> make a guess retard.
<farmout> yea i am

<Crazyman> I never knew worth was calculated by rank
 <[twisti]> what else did you think it was calculated by?
<Crazyman> XP

<farmboy> no im not good at spekking
<farmboy> spelling

http://www.bash.org/?715722
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 06:43:37 pm »

four of the channels I listed are either pretty empty of have little to do with toadwater, really there are only 3 main channels:

#toadwater - where most people hang out and chat
#toad - the official channel where you can get in touch with goon
#toadwater_lite - where Trojal runs some toadwater related scripts which are useful

I will most likely put these three with a brief rundown on the channels in the wiki, complete with useful things like channel rules and who the ops are Smiley

Twisti
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 06:53:50 pm »

Theres like four people in lite. Please don't let your personal bias dictate your action. #tw has much much more TW players.
Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 11:23:52 pm »

Twisti, as of now #Toadwater_Lite has 9 players in it.
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 11:28:55 pm »

Theres like four people in lite. Please don't let your personal bias dictate your action. #tw has much much more TW players.

my personal bias has nothing to do with it, I said or have little to do with toadwater.  #tw only has people in it because Qill is there talking rubbish.

kakashi - DEAD
Centivelian
----------

God damn broken down satellites

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:30 pm »

#toadwater_lite can lick my balls

Davlestor the Beneficent
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 06:19:55 pm »

For losers.

In that spirit: go fuck yourself, you egocentric bitch. And we are the kings of cool.
AndyB
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 06:34:48 pm »

For losers.

[20:16:06] * Davlestor has joined #nunya

Obviously.  Wink

We don't pay Glazer or work for sky
We still sing Citys gonna die
2 Uniteds but the soul is one
As the Busby Babes carry on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpj3kFxYWNk
Davlestor the Beneficent
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 06:36:58 pm »

oooo you waskily wabbit!

In that spirit: go fuck yourself, you egocentric bitch. And we are the kings of cool.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Topic: IRC Channel(s)
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group