TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2018, 02:17:07 am
Home Login Register
News: Kaptain Kyzoku whittled a Horse Chestnut Scutching Sword   (Odds: 27.32%)  (Thirst: 62.39)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Excalibus's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Getting Seeds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting Seeds  (Read 182 times)
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:03 pm »

Is there a new strategy in TW2 for getting a decent number of seeds?

I know up to level 3 I can dig, and I can probably turn my CW into a giant array of holes to get a bunch of level 5 seeds, but there seems to be a hole (pun partially intended) in amassing seeds for growing trees to level whittling and / or construction.

In the past, higher level tree seeds came from statue droppings, but the lower seeds as long as you allowed some trees time to age, you'd be rewarded with a surplus of seeds.  As I understand TW2, you still get more wood, but the number of seeds is drastically reduced on yield. 

So how do I get the 5+ seeds and in large enough quantities to grow them for levelling?
Fresh
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 10:17:59 pm »

You still get a lot of seeds if you let them age.
My strategy has been to plant lots of trees and go back to harvest them later after I spent time doing other stuff.

Another strategy is to leave cloud world and find level 5 trees that were planted a long time ago. There are tons of trees out there for you to take!

I never actually climbed my way through the tree levels by whittling idols and sacrificing seeds, because there were trees out there in the wild.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 10:21:58 pm by ;fu » Logged
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »

So there is still that much just lying around? I assumed you guys had pillaged most things.

I was concerned about the number of seeds as I've seen some trees chopped in the update messages, and although you get a few dozen wood, you only get like 3-4 seeds.  Like you need a starter kit to plant a bunch of trees and then you'll be good.

Maybe I just need to jump already, lol.
Fresh
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »

Workers combine both Logs and Seeds when they cut down a tree.
After every successfully harvested unit the next one will have a decreased chance of success.

Workers start with logs and, if the tree is super old, by the time they get to seeds the drop rate is probably very low.
My workers specifically are chopping down 100+ year old trees, and that's why you see such a small amount of seeds.
Cutting down a 10 year old tree is somewhat of a sweet spot for plenty of logs, and a healthy amount of seeds.

I don't know if i'm explaining that very well....

If you cut a tree down by hand then it will do Logs and Seeds drops separately, and you'll get the full amount of seeds.

Lower tier stuff is mostly ignored, and you can find tons of it out there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:15:55 pm by ;fu » Logged
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:59:28 pm »

I understand what you're saying. 

So the reduced number is from workers, if I want the seeds, cut it myself.  Or target the happy place (10 years) for good lumber and seeds.

Edit: This sucks.... wasn't paying attention to how much health I was losing doing weaving, and died.  All my gold saved is gone. That really hurts v_v.
Fresh
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 11:38:19 pm »

I understand what you're saying. 

So the reduced number is from workers, if I want the seeds, cut it myself.  Or target the happy place (10 years) for good lumber and seeds.

Edit: This sucks.... wasn't paying attention to how much health I was losing doing weaving, and died.  All my gold saved is gone. That really hurts v_v.

Yea, it does suck! :/
I've probably died the most out of anyone on Toadwater...
I used to die a lot...

Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from playing.
You can always make that gold back!

Losing items can be a huge set-back though...
reapster
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 12:51:45 am »

ive found 100 yr old trees cut personally all buffed up with a totem
dont worry about losing your goodies when you die
if you get it the first time you will replace it so much easier
its all about your dwarf's exp
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 12:52:45 am »

if you jump from cloud world, i can send you seeds or gold to get you started

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
reapster
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 01:01:06 am »

yeah what he said
Xion
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 09:17:17 pm »

Lol, yea I'm not going to get all upset about losing the gold and quit.  I'm not so fickle.  Its just funny in a super cringe type of way.  Felt like an idiot...

I know long term gold is easy to get, just have to re-grind some cash. 

Will probably jump this week sometime.  Thanks for the offer of help to both of you guys.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Excalibus's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Getting Seeds
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group