TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 04:15:39 pm
Home Login Register
News: Jinjur finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: SETI and the new client 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SETI and the new client  (Read 961 times)
Tomny
Centivelian
----------

« on: June 24, 2004, 03:30:11 am »

Anyone tried it out yet?  Does SetiSpy work with the new client?

http://science.slashdot.org/science/04/06/23/2011236.shtml?tid=134&tid=160&tid=164&tid=185
dancingmonkey
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 04:11:07 am »

What SETIQueue (and related programs) still work?

These programs, which have been very useful with SETI@home Classic, won't work with BOINC. But some of their functions can be performed by other means:

* The buffering of multiple work units is provided by the BOINC client itself - you can specify how much work your computer should get each time it contacts the server.
    * Hosts that are not directly connected to the Internet, but share a LAN with one that is, can participate in BOINC using an HTTP 1.0 proxy such as Squid for Unix or FreeProxy for Windows.
    * Hosts that have no network connection currently cannot participate in BOINC. A solution may be developed in the future.

I bet boinc will suck, and people will still want to use their own programs/scripts to run the seti client

bah just realised i have to stop downloading work units using my buffer and let it process through them all   Angry
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 04:16:03 am by dancingmonkey » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: SETI and the new client
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group