TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 07, 2020, 10:48:21 pm
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove an Imperial Milking Gloves   (Odds: 101.52%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: Question/Bringing up a subject in order not to spam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Question/Bringing up a subject in order not to spam  (Read 4660 times)
I Went By Many Names
Centivelian
----------

« on: January 21, 2005, 11:07:43 pm »

I'm much less asking a question as I am bringing up a subject. In the post "WHO should build the roads...." (I don't recall the exact name) fndmntl, Azara, Faust, and a few other people had a fight about if I was brandeis of not. Let me try to get the points of view so that everyone knows all of the information.

1. fndmntl
Side: Yes, and I hate you
Thoughts: Because "she" used brandeis' email and "she" is his friend, I believe "she" is brandeis.

fndmntl can add to this.

2. Azara
Side: Yes and I hate you
Thoughts: I think the same as fndmntl

Azara can add to this.

3. Faust
Side: I'm not sure, and I don't hate you
Thoughts: fndmntl and Azara have nothing to base their opinions on.

Faust can add to this

4. BlackRaveness
Side: I am BlackRaveness
Thoughts: Faust and more. Also I agree with The Naked Toad in that if I was, hypothetically, brandeis, and I would do "anything" (see fndmntl quote) to fit in with TW, and do it well enough, would I really be so bad? Should I still be hated for what I did in the past?

5. The Naked Toad
Side: I'm not sure, and I don't hate you.
Thoughts: "Judge people not by what they were, but what they are."

The Naked Toad can add to this. Please tell me the person who said that also.

6. Dark Knight
Side: I don't know, I don't hate you
Thoughts: BlackRaveness doesn't act like the person in my sig. Let shit slide, forgive and forget.

Okay here I'm trying to post all of the information in the fight.

Quotes:

"I'd figure you'd do anything to be accepted as someone other than Brandeis.. I mean you pretended to be your own mother ON THE INTERNET for fuck sakes... Now all of a sudden some NEIGHBOR of Brandeis' plays, while he sits silently, not playing TW... I think not... Undecided"  This was by fndmntl (I don't know how to put this in the blue box if it's not the same topic)

" So why do you care if he is Brandeis or not?

Even if,

"Judge people not by what they were, but what they are.""  By The Naked Toad

"   Reply with quote
Quote from: fndmntl - DEAD on January 20, 2005, 11:54:28 AM
Faust, you're totally right... we have no absolute proof, but quite a number of clues pointing in the said direction...

Clues do not a case make.... They can point you in the right direction, but they can never justify a definitive statement of the sort that you have made. Only solid, concrete proof can do that.

Quote from: fndmntl - DEAD on January 20, 2005, 11:54:28 AM
Anyways, why do you give a fuck? Fishing for some controversy? Fuck off with your shock factor, I don't care for it...

Why do I "give a fuck?" Isn't it obvious? I fight for justice. This means that I must fight AGAINST injustice. Your attempts to slander BlackRaveness (a criminal whom I certainly don't approve of, but a human being with human "rights" nonetheless) are unjust according to my concept of justice. Hence, I must fight against it.

Think of me as a Good Summaritan. Even though a crime might not concern me, I will still do my damndest to help the victim. That's just who I am..." By faust

If anyone would like to comment please do so. In order to not make people read everything I'll do that, compound it, and put it in this post. Don't bother readng everything unless people have posted while I was sleeping or at school or not checking the forums.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 12:57:57 am by {TWA}BlackRaveness » Logged

337-11-8) 4:37:96      Blake whittled a Willow Idol (Odds: 13.26%)
Giasumaru, A Shadow
Centivelian
----------

Alinord the Blade of Giasumaru!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:15:02 pm »

... ... ...

So do you really have to do this?

:Sigh:

At least it's at the Padded Cell...

Newton
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:15:39 pm »

too much crap to read, just die k?

[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:17:01 pm »

Don't feed the trolls!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 11:22:25 pm by [TChEA]korobatsu » Logged

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
I Went By Many Names
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 11:28:14 pm »

I had to do this in order for there to be less spam in kelkars post.

Trust me it would have been up here anyways whether I posted it or not.

Agent Dark Knight |_|nknow|\|
Centivelian
----------

dont do speed

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 12:06:28 am »

i dont even fucking care does blackraveness act or talk like the person in my sig?  even if she is actually brandeis blackraveness hasnt done anything to alert my attention of being an annoying turd.  So in conclusion

Who cares if blackraveness is brandeis or isnt.  They obviously dont act the same so let shit slide and grow up.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

"Risk everything, or gain nothing."
-Geoffrey De Charny, 1358
KingTut
Centivelian
----------

You fucking guy.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 01:33:41 am »

laff

[04:41] LordOrdos-DEAD: Zabuza, I like your long hard nipples, noone elses.
(337-32-0) 8:53:63      KingTut - DEAD sold 10177 Beggar's Seed Bag for 332177280 gold pieces

F - May 2nd
kakashi - DEAD
Centivelian
----------

God damn broken down satellites

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 01:34:29 am »

lolz

Priceless

Ayvn
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 01:39:44 am »

why would anyone fight for justice?

i mean Hitler thought he was fighting for justice too... it all depends on your definition/word association

just thought the thread could use some derailing

no one really cares if you are or aren't, just dont be a cock and everything else will follow

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for every question.
Lathander
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 01:59:01 am »

So what? its just those lamers that wanna argue about something Grin

I dont know if your Brandeis or not, and frankley I do not care.

Now to all you above said lamers Grin STFU!!!
I Went By Many Names
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 04:00:46 am »

i mean Hitler thought he was fighting for justice too... it all depends on your definition/word association

just thought the thread could use some derailing

no one really cares if you are or aren't, just dont be a cock and everything else will follow

Understood... Yeah. I would lock this topic if I didn't know that people would call me a whimp for quitting on a topic I started... which I really didn't.

faust
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 08:23:09 am »

Justice, like all human concepts, is a subjective term... I have my definition of it, Hitler had his. Who is to say which one of us is right? Well, no one, actually. I (theoretically) believe that truth itself is subjective, and varies from person to person. Like I mentioned before, I am a pure nihilist. To get a solid understanding of this principle, you can read a bit of Nietzsche (difficult stuff, and yet so worthwhile...).

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:25:31 am by Judge Faust » Logged
KingTut
Centivelian
----------

You fucking guy.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 09:06:07 am »

Brandeis, Your just asking to be flamed... completely fyi.

[04:41] LordOrdos-DEAD: Zabuza, I like your long hard nipples, noone elses.
(337-32-0) 8:53:63      KingTut - DEAD sold 10177 Beggar's Seed Bag for 332177280 gold pieces

F - May 2nd
Ayvn
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 09:25:23 am »

I've read my share of nietzsche.... can't say it moved me that much, to me it seemed like common sense masked in big words. 

And I can't fucking stand Nihilists... to quote from the Big Lebowski "that must be exhausting".  And besides, I don't uderstand how you can be a nihilist and then say you want oto fight for 'justice' and believe so strongly in Marxist theory. Marxism is a post-Christian ideology that borrows heavily from the christian concept of salvation.  In other words... if only things were -this- way, war and states would be abolished.  Marx himself was heavily influenced by the Positivists who believed that science was the sole salvation of mankind.  That as knowledge progresses, the world will become more civil and more alike, abolishing the need for the state altogether. 

This is simply a pipe dream, to quote Ludwig Wittgenstein, "When all possible scientific questions are answered, the problems of life remain completely untouched."

If anything, technology and science have only exasberated pre-existing conflicts in the realm of ethics, politics, and religion.  The world is more dangerous now then it has ever been, and there is no sign of this letting up anytime soon.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for every question.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 09:36:54 am »

umm, if people actually give a shit, they need help...

die

kthxbye

(I don't know, and I don't really hate you, but I voted that i did just for fun Cheesy )

faust
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 09:58:28 am »

And I can't fucking stand Nihilists... to quote from the Big Lebowski "that must be exhausting".  And besides, I don't uderstand how you can be a nihilist and then say you want oto fight for 'justice' and believe so strongly in Marxist theory.

EXCELLENT!!! I was hoping that you would say this (my estimation of your mental capacities has just risen considerably).

So, how can I be a Nihilist and a Communist at the same time? Let's take it from the beginning, so as not to lose any readers in the process... First of all, let's define the two terms.

NIHILISM: The idea that there is no "good" and "evil." According to this theory, these terms are nothing but an invention of religious thought. As such, these concepts are irrational - there is nothing that makes an action either "good" or "evil." Rather than being fixated on these ideas, each person must find his own path in life.

COMMUNISM: The idea that some things are good for society at large. These include social welfare, free health care, adequate food and housing, etc. No one is denied these things. No one.

Now, how do I reconcile these two (seemingly) contradictory concepts?

Quite easily: Nihilism is concerned with MORAL good; Communism is concerned with SOCIAL good. Being a Nihilist, I do not believe that there is such a thing as an "ethical" system ("good" and "evil"). However, I believe that there are SOME things that are good for People as a whole. Not "morally good," mind you - just "socially good."

An example is needed to clarify this point... Let's say that there is a serial-killing, child-raping murderer on the loose. Now, according to Nihilism, neither killing people nor raping children is an "evil" act in and of itself. It is simply an act. Communism, however, says that, while neither morally wrong nor right, these acts damage society as a whole. Hence, they are SOCIALLY unacceptable. Not "wrong" - just "unacceptable."

This is the cornerstone of my belief system. While I refuse to use moral terms, I nonetheless make a distinction between doing something that is good for the People ("society") and doing something that is detrimental to them.

I hope that this clarifies my philosophy...

Ayvn
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 11:00:58 am »

Let me be more lucid.

I agree with the part of Nihilism that states that there is no good or evil, I do not believe in duality, because I think everything is a manifestation of a ONE.  But a key part of the definition of Nihilism that you are sidestepping is the denial of all existence.  This to me is just fantasy, and makes it incompatible with any other belief system, sure you can borrow from this and that to make up your own philosophy, but then you cannot call yourself a nihilist or a communist, you are an individual with your own ideas about what works... what is 'right'.  You have what works you, soemone else has what works for them, this applies on individual levels and in broader terms on religious, ethnic, cultural and political levels. -This- is why I can't stand when someone comes around and says "I have all the answers to make the world a better place...just listen to what I have to say (or read whats in my book)"  This is the same thought system that has led to the American illusion that everyone everywhere shares American values, so we must enforce our way of doing things (pseudo 'democratic capitalism') to make the world a better place.  I see no difference between what Bush says and what you say, except that Bush is in a position of power to enforce what he says. 

Salvation is an illusion, the future will not save us, science will not save us, religion will not save us, political ideologies will not save us....I question that we even need to be saved from anything. 

My personal Ideology lies somewhere between Hindu and Taoist philosophy, and my own experience in life... the present and the future are just the past with different characters and stage setting, history is nothing but a cycle that endlessly repeats itself.  Progress is only meaningful on an individual level, and progress is not possible without deviation.   None of us are going anywhere except back to where we came from.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: Question/Bringing up a subject in order not to spam
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group