TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2021, 11:06:37 pm
Home Login Register
News: Stu Pid finished building a Grade 26 Fence for Halcyon

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: "They set my baby up." 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "They set my baby up."  (Read 9778 times)
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« on: March 18, 2005, 07:52:41 pm »

5 year old arrested for assault

Arresting a 5 year old?  That was too WAYYYY too far, but the mom should NOT blame her child's actions on the school, either.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
optiraidingleader
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 07:59:43 pm »

what the hell......who calls the cops to deal with a 5 year old kid. and what dusche bag cop puts a 5 year old kid in cuffs?!
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 09:57:15 pm »

omfg they would be puting my ass in  jail for punching a cop the sec they tryed to do that shit with my 6 year old ......

thats fucking uncalled for...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

-Jimi Hendrix

Written by Trevor 'tj9991' Slocum
Maxamillion{TWA}
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:46:07 am »

a whole school couldnt handle a 5 year old 40 pound girl

why are you reading this....great you now wasted 2 seconds of your life congrats...
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 04:48:53 am »

What?!? You wanna sic the whole school on the little kid?

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Skcubrats
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 05:07:23 am »

I don't know what is more worrying, that this incident happened or you lot thinking the response is inappropriate.

In the old days, a child puts on a paddy and doesn't stop, it gots is arse tanned. If parents complained they were told to STFU and learn to bring up their child properly.

Now, if you physically touch anyone, you can be charged with assault. So, the only alternative the teacher has is to call the police and have someone who is legally entitled to restrain her to do so and to remove her so she doesn't cause any injury to herself or others.

Personally, I think it was the best thing possible. she may learn the lesson that her parents are unable to provide, which is to work with other people and to share and co-operate. However, from the parents response, it seems like she should be removed from her parents and given to a couple that will give her good lessons in life.
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 05:35:27 am »

not inappropriate?? get fucking real .......you dont have kids do you?

...fuck i can think of many many better things todo with a 5 year old kid to stop something like this..

id much  rather the school called me as the childs parent , then put his/her ass in a room all by themselfs till i can get there...then i would handle it myself .

tho i 100% agree it should have never ever gotn to this stage, and thats all on the parent for what ever the fuck they must (or must not) be teaching  the child

but you will never put my 5 year old in zip-lock type ties and take him in your  car to jail  becuse he pitched a fucking  fit , that OMFG kids do. .... 

-Jimi Hendrix

faust
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 07:33:36 am »

id much  rather the school called me as the childs parent , then put his/her ass in a room all by themselfs till i can get there...then i would handle it myself .

Yeah, that's real logical!  :Smiley

"Hello, Mrs. Smith? Sorry to bother you, but little Suzy is currently destroying the classroom and assulting anyone and everyone in her way... If it's not too much trouble, could you pick her up?"

You do not think well. The little spawn got what it deserved.

LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 09:24:51 am »

hahahahaha little suzzy this child not much taller then my knee!! omgz what ever shell we do to stop this evil power of destruction!!!

haha you do not think well...

-Jimi Hendrix

Skcubrats
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 02:50:59 pm »

not inappropriate?? get fucking real .......you dont have kids do you?

...fuck i can think of many many better things todo with a 5 year old kid to stop something like this..

And you have your head up your ass with your rights crap.

This was in a clasroom and there is very little a teacher can do as they have over 20 other kids to look after, many of who can have other major problems.

Teachers don't have all these wonderful opportunites that all the armchair experts think they do.

Of course every parent thinks that their child is an innocent angel.

Nope, I don't have kids. I've just dealt with quite a few thousand other peoples kids and I am glad that I'm out of it all now. Too many asshole that become parents because it is "their right".

Oh, leave your kid in a room by herself, sorry not on. Kids have to be surpervised at all times.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 04:01:16 pm »

Please don't get me wrong from what I said in my original post.  I said that ARRESTING the child was way too far, not the restraints.  I have NEVER seen a school that has a room where they could put a child to cool off until parents can come in.  In fact, I have seen many cases where parents were 'too busy' to come right now.  One father told me "It happened at school, you take care of it at school.  It has nothing to do with me".

If a child is being destructive and is a danger to others (if you've ever been hit by a 5year old, you know they it isn't a walk in the park), they need to be restrained.  But NOT arrested. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with faust.

LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 04:16:47 pm »

lol you gota be kidding me , what state is this? so i know to never move there

every school i have ever been in has a class room for kids togo when they are being  little brats , no its normaly not a single room..

the single room i was talking about would be one of the many many admin rooms in the school (your school does have admins right? you know the ppl in charge that do all the fun paper work and all that good shit?) ...where only one admin would be and no other  kids, sorry  that was so hard to figure out heh ...

if my kid is doing shit like this then i LEAVE my work right then ...if you dont think  taking off work to handle your child is the right thing todo when something like  this is happening then  im sorry for your ass

ive been hit more time then i can count by a 5 year old, unless its the balls( and they some how have the best aim in the world)  then its nothing heh

you dont restraine my 5 year old with zip-lock ties , and handcufs.....never......ever...

you dont have to watch your 5 year old every sec of the day....this isnt a little baby anymore belive it or not , any child at that age should know right from wrong.. if not then the parent it lacking somewhere

oh and who the hell said anything about rights?

edit...err seems something went missing....

to add, what the fuck is going on with our schools when the whole damn school cant handle a 5 year old and has to go and call the cops , my teacher never seemed to have a damn problem with that one bad kid every school in the world has
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 04:31:05 pm by LordShaggy » Logged

-Jimi Hendrix

{TWA} Raerlynn
Centivelian
----------

Sesshomaru

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 05:01:24 pm »

Please don't get me wrong from what I said in my original post.  I said that ARRESTING the child was way too far, not the restraints.  I have NEVER seen a school that has a room where they could put a child to cool off until parents can come in.  In fact, I have seen many cases where parents were 'too busy' to come right now.  One father told me "It happened at school, you take care of it at school.  It has nothing to do with me".

If a child is being destructive and is a danger to others (if you've ever been hit by a 5year old, you know they it isn't a walk in the park), they need to be restrained.  But NOT arrested. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with faust.

Seconded. It comes down this: there were other kids in that room, and those kids were put in danger by this kids temper tantrum. I'd restrain the little brat in a heartbeat as a teacher because its my job to keep the little ones in my room safe. If that means being a little rough with one to save twenty, the little one is going to be stopped.

Fukai Mori - "Deep Forest" by Do as Infinity

We live our lives
wandering to the ends of the earth.
Closing off
the way back,
we walk on for eternity.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 05:06:17 pm »

At what age does assault become not ok? Is it okay for an 8 year old to do this?

They are following state policy.

And yes, LS, there are "admin offices", but it's not their job to baby sit.
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 05:14:39 pm »

state policy gets changed all the time , id say its time for one

not their job? hahaha  this is a school not some damn business

raerlynn...i do agree something had to be done  , and im  all for going back to like it was when the head admin could paddle the kids , as long as they kept a close eye on it to make sure no abuse of that power was going on

but again, you dont put my 5 year old in zip-lock ties and handcufs

edit...its not ok for a 1 year old todo this, or an 80 year old.....i cant say "this age is the age of jail time!" but ill damn sure tell you what the fucks up if you try and put my 5 year old son in zip lock ties and handcuf's  because he was being a little brat and you as an adult couldnt figuer out how to handle this child
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 05:33:14 pm by LordShaggy » Logged

-Jimi Hendrix

Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 05:19:38 pm »

Since when is a job a business?

Raising your kids right is a job for a parent.

But oh wait,  that's horrible logic because raising your kids isn't a business. Oh noes!!
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 05:22:17 pm »

yup its my job to raise them right, you wont see my child doing this in school ...he knows better and has for some time now

oh noess!!!  did i say a job was a business~!~!~ wait wait heh

-Jimi Hendrix

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: "They set my baby up."
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group