TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 01, 2021, 05:05:36 am
Home Login Register
News: Pat McGroin removed a Grade 26 Fence for Halcyon

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: "They set my baby up." 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "They set my baby up."  (Read 9711 times)
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 05:24:24 pm »

ive been hit more time then i can count by a 5 year old...snip...then its nothing heh

So it's okay, as long as they don't hit you in the balls? That sounds like rationalization that you did something to deserve it.

You have kids?
  Undecided
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 05:28:24 pm »

reading comp got ya eh?

let me spell it out....a 5 year old cant hit very hard...yes i know wow its hard to belive something so small cant realy hit all that hard....dude i know its fucking wild!!!!

unless (now this is for me, not everyone has balls and some ppl can take hits in them much better then i , im sure) then it realy sucks...now that ive spelled it out, im hoping you can understand it all, if not im sure i can go back and t y p e    i t   a   l i t t l e   s l o w e r ...ok? Grin

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace

-Jimi Hendrix

Written by Trevor 'tj9991' Slocum
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 05:31:26 pm »

reading comp got ya eh?

let me spell it out....a 5 year old cant hit very hard...yes i know wow its hard to belive something so small cant realy hit all that hard....dude i know its fucking wild!!!!

unless (now this is for me, not everyone has balls and some ppl can take hits in them much better then i , im sure) then it realy sucks...now that ive spelled it out, im hoping you can understand it all, if not im sure i can go back and t y p e    i t   a   l i t t l e   s l o w e r ...ok? Grin

Maybe this is where your child gets his or her aggressive side from. tsk, tsk.
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 05:33:44 pm »

nah , i think its his mother...she could kick my ass anyday  Undecided

-Jimi Hendrix

Matt Siegman
ber programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 08:21:43 pm »

Hmm, come to think of it, this probably was the only thing to do.  My grade school didn't have extra "cool down" rooms -- and the idea is stupid anyway.  If a teacher touches a kid they could get charged with all sorts of things these days.  And they will, because "mommy's precious little angel" would never deserve that treatment.

LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 09:43:32 pm »

your grade school didnt have rooms with just an admin and no other kids ?  i find it hard to belive the schools i went to are the only ones that do something like this ....what about  an ISS room aka AC room? nothing like this?

either way thats not even close to the only thing they could do.

but  im not mad at the school, like you said they only did what they had to to cover that ass....its just  damn fucked thats how it is...

-Jimi Hendrix

Matt Siegman
ber programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 10:10:07 pm »

My school was a Catholic grade school.  We didn't have to overloaded administration of a public school.  We had a secretary and a Principal, both with rather small offices, a nurse, and a couple small teachers' lounges.  None of them really would facilitate a screaming, raving kid.  Then again, we never had a need to contain a screaming, raving kid.  (Usually, the kids who go to a Catholic/private school are slightly better behaved [I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth])

dancingmonkey
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2005, 10:45:23 pm »

Time out rooms, our school had that (high school) supervised I believe ( I was fortunate to never have suffered a time out).
But then again they expected the high school teenagers to act as adults, although obviously they are not.
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2005, 12:05:55 am »

bring back the cat and nine tails I say.  kids had a reason to be well behaved when they were allowed in schools ^.^

LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2005, 12:22:48 am »

ah i went to public schools all my life , we allways had that  one kid that was the brat/little punk kid type

the funny thing  is , some of the most fucked up ppl i know went to  private christen school's  Grin

-Jimi Hendrix

Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2005, 02:37:54 am »

I teach in a public, but have generally agreed with BT on the behavior comparison between the two.  I can guarantee, though, that is isn't the school, it is the parents for the most part.  The school does play a role, but the child's behavior is more determined by parents, than schooling.

That said, we just had 3 catholic school football players who were arrested for a breaking and entering crime spree.  Enough homes to get a total of over $10,000 dollars in small items.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
LordShaggy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2005, 04:48:54 am »

what a crazy world  :Smiley

-Jimi Hendrix

Skcubrats
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2005, 08:20:30 am »

Education has become so crazy in Australia, that I have encouraged my wife to give up teaching.

1) Class sizes have become bigger.
2) Problem kids are "integrated" into normal classes, multiple numbers in each class.
3) Teachers are now required to "teach" so much so much social education, that normal learning is being lost.
4) Parents have this "entitlement" chip on their shoulder.
5) Parents encourage kids to stand up for their "rights" but ignore their responsibiblities.
6) Teachers are being stabbed by kids at school and nothing is done.
7) Very few Principals are supporting class room teachers. Most principals these days are fast tracked kids who have very little practical teaching skills and very little experience.
Cool Conscientious (sp?) often end up working 12 hour days trying to do the teaching and all the paperwork they are now expected to do.
9) Yes, private and church schools usually have better behaved children, but not always.

In the end, it is no longer worth the money for the agrivation.
Ba
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: "They set my baby up."
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group