TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 08:40:16 am
Home Login Register
News: TheDrew finished fertilizing a field for Alchy

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Birdhouses and Birds 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Birdhouses and Birds  (Read 2680 times)
buddha miner-area 51 garden builder
Centivelian
----------

« on: June 13, 2005, 11:27:13 am »

I have read guide but this is all it says....read below.
My question do the other types of birdhouses other then one's listed below do anything else?
Exsample
silver birch,  and other lower level birdhouses?
Is there anything else that is missing that isn't included about birdhouses and birds that someone can enlighten me and other new players about that isn't included in guide?
From guide
Birdhouse:

An item which can be whittled. Place one on a tree to attract a bird or a squirrel - the animal attracted depends on the type of tree to which the birdhouse is attached. The higher the level of your birdhouse, the sooner you can expect to attract a bird or squirrel. If a bird or squirrel is attracted, you can use it as many times as computed in the formula random(1, Treeyears/10) * random(1, BHLevel). After that the birdhouse is destroyed and the bird or squirrel leaves. To remove a birdhouse, it must first be empty. Then select your axe and click the tree.

Birds:

Birds can be attracted to trees by placing a birdhouse on the tree. Different types of tree attract different birds.

* Yellow Buckeye - Yellow-Bellied Sap-Sucker
        * Quaking Aspen - Sharpie
        * Black Tupelo - Wood Duck
        * Western Hemlock - Bearded Vulture
        * Horse Chestnut - Passenger Pigeon

Each bird has a certain number of uses, the maximum number of uses is dependent on the tree age and the level of the birdhouse. random(1, Treeyears/10) * random(1, BHLevel). Once all the uses are used up, the birdhouse will be destroyed.

To use a bird, summon it with a compost worm. Select the compost worm in your hoard and click on the bird. The bird will then appear in your hoard. You cannot use other people's birds.

You can scare away a bird by feeding it a piece of poo - but only if it is your own bird. You van scare other people's birds away with special poo, Blitzen Poo. This was a 2003 christmas and is very rare.
Skcubrats
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:28:25 am »

No.
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:45:14 am »

No.
Thank you that was very helpful.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 12:18:01 pm »

There is nothing new unless you are a member.

If you are a member you can scare away bird uses with Sour Wiggleberries from strawberry crops.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 12:42:52 pm »

I have read guide but this is all it says....read below.
My question do the other types of birdhouses other then one's listed below do anything else?
Exsample
silver birch,  and other lower level birdhouses?
Is there anything else that is missing that isn't included about birdhouses and birds that someone can enlighten me and other new players about that isn't included in guide?
From guide
Birdhouse:

An item which can be whittled. Place one on a tree to attract a bird or a squirrel - the animal attracted depends on the type of tree to which the birdhouse is attached. The higher the level of your birdhouse, the sooner you can expect to attract a bird or squirrel. If a bird or squirrel is attracted, you can use it as many times as computed in the formula random(1, Treeyears/10) * random(1, BHLevel). After that the birdhouse is destroyed and the bird or squirrel leaves. To remove a birdhouse, it must first be empty. Then select your axe and click the tree.

Birds:

Birds can be attracted to trees by placing a birdhouse on the tree. Different types of tree attract different birds.

* Yellow Buckeye - Yellow-Bellied Sap-Sucker
        * Quaking Aspen - Sharpie
        * Black Tupelo - Wood Duck
        * Western Hemlock - Bearded Vulture
        * Horse Chestnut - Passenger Pigeon

Each bird has a certain number of uses, the maximum number of uses is dependent on the tree age and the level of the birdhouse. random(1, Treeyears/10) * random(1, BHLevel). Once all the uses are used up, the birdhouse will be destroyed.

To use a bird, summon it with a compost worm. Select the compost worm in your hoard and click on the bird. The bird will then appear in your hoard. You cannot use other people's birds.

You can scare away a bird by feeding it a piece of poo - but only if it is your own bird. You van scare other people's birds away with special poo, Blitzen Poo. This was a 2003 christmas and is very rare.

It's nice that you can quote the guide, at least you have LOOKED at it.  It is the TREE that attracts those birds, not the birdhouse.  The level of the birdhouse (BHlevel) helps determine (along with age of the tree) determines how many USES you get out of the birds attracted to the tree.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
LOLZNUBCOPTERgoodbye
I like to argue.
Centivelian
----------

Quote List: http://twquote.blogspot.com

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 01:25:46 am »

It's nice that you can quote the guide, at least you have LOOKED at it.  It is the TREE that attracts those birds, not the birdhouse.  The level of the birdhouse (BHlevel) helps determine (along with age of the tree) determines how many USES you get out of the birds attracted to the tree.

It also helps to determine how long it will take for a bird to nest there. You can't forget that.

I quit forever.

<Myrrdin> I have the power of wind, but I keep breaking it

<Rockstar> Haiku time!
<Rockstar> Two ducks start flying
<Rockstar> I shoot once, twice, thrice, no luck
<Rockstar> The dog laughs at me
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 01:28:32 am »

True, but his post made it sound like you had to have a Black Tupelo birdhouse to attract a wood duck, not a black tupelo tree.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 02:14:21 am »

True, but his post made it sound like you had to have a Black Tupelo birdhouse to attract a wood duck, not a black tupelo tree.
I was just quoting what was put in guide and trying to get clarification of this for myself and other new players, also I am helping work on guide for Abby and new playes that can be easily understood by all.
So For exsample if I have Black Tupelo tree do I need black tupelo tree and bird house or just any high level birdhouse with black tupelo tree?
LOLZNUBCOPTERgoodbye
I like to argue.
Centivelian
----------

Quote List: http://twquote.blogspot.com

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:15:29 am »

I updated the guide a little while back.
Search for a topic with ToadRAD in it, or go to my website.

I quit forever.

<Myrrdin> I have the power of wind, but I keep breaking it

<Rockstar> Haiku time!
<Rockstar> Two ducks start flying
<Rockstar> I shoot once, twice, thrice, no luck
<Rockstar> The dog laughs at me
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 02:42:13 am »

I updated the guide a little while back.
Search for a topic with ToadRAD in it, or go to my website.
I am working on pictorial guide for Abby this week.
Can I include this information on the html pictorial guide I am working on for newbies?
If there is anything else anyone would like included please private message me or noobieguidepics
Skcubrats
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 06:24:17 am »

[quote author=Jedi Master Myrrdin link=topic=17208.msg211457#msg211457 date=1118705312]
I was just quoting what was put in guide and trying to get clarification of this for myself and other new players, also I am helping work on guide for Abby and new playes that can be easily understood by all.
So For exsample if I have Black Tupelo tree do I need black tupelo tree and bird house or just any high level birdhouse with black tupelo tree?
[/quote]

Any level tree can be used to make birdhouses to attract bird to trees.

e.g. I widely use Willow birdhouses when I do mass plantings along new fences for BVs.  It just takes longer with lower level birdhouses.
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 08:54:40 am »

[quote author=jdr link=topic=17208.msg211471#msg211471 date=1118708061]
[quote author=Jedi Master Myrrdin link=topic=17208.msg211457#msg211457 date=1118705312]
[/quote]

Any level tree can be used to make birdhouses to attract bird to trees.

e.g. I widely use Willow birdhouses when I do mass plantings along new fences for BVs.  It just takes longer with lower level birdhouses.
[/quote]
Thank you this information I needed to know.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Birdhouses and Birds
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group