TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2019, 11:48:25 am
Home Login Register
News: caspian chopped down a Black Oak Tree, getting 1 piece of wood and 1 Seed  (Odds: 63.92%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here"  (Read 4299 times)
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

I am a rock, I am an island......Paul Simon

« on: September 03, 2006, 02:19:45 pm »

In the Guide it says under the heading >  "What Cannot Be Done in CW"   *  Place birdhouses on horse chestnut trees.
The Guide does not mention anything about Idols in Cloud World.

When I try to put a Douglas Fir Idol onto a tree, a message says, ""That Idol is too high to be protected here".
I have never had this message previously while trying to place an Idol on a tree.
This is the first time. The Idol will not go onto the tree.

Does that mean I cannot put Idols on my trees in Cloud World anymore?
I like being in Cloud World and do not intend to jump just yet.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:22:19 pm by RainForest » Logged

God grant me the SERENITY
To accept the things I cannot change,
COURAGE to change the things I can,
And WISDOM to know the difference.
Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
piggy12346
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 02:28:14 pm »

No, i think it means your trying to put the idol onto the wrong kind of tree. Are you trying to put your douglas fir idol onto a douglas fir tree?
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 04:27:19 pm »

Yes it is a Douglas Fir tree and a Douglas Fir Idol.

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
piggy12346
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:52:03 pm »

hrm, then i dont know
AndyB
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 05:03:51 pm »

I think you can only go up to a certain level idol in noob world and cloud world.

We don't pay Glazer or work for sky
We still sing Citys gonna die
2 Uniteds but the soul is one
As the Busby Babes carry on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpj3kFxYWNk
Rizes Shadow
Best Accent Ever
Centivelian
----------

Ex-Toadwater representative

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 05:40:47 pm »

I think you can only go up to a certain level idol in noob world and cloud world.

You can let us know when you get that willow idol made  Grin

<farmout> <Rize> make a guess retard.
<farmout> yea i am

<Crazyman> I never knew worth was calculated by rank
 <[twisti]> what else did you think it was calculated by?
<Crazyman> XP

<farmboy> no im not good at spekking
<farmboy> spelling

http://www.bash.org/?715722
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

I'm a loser who sucks at losing

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:06:41 pm »

I got this same message when I tried to place my hornbeam idol in one of my noob worlds. It's stupid.

duh
i)ght
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 11:10:51 pm »

how can something not be protected in cloud world

10:32:15 pm    i)ght washed 8 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0%)
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 11:29:09 pm »

the idol is protecting itself from you?

gemstone
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 05:34:44 pm »

I think what they mean is probably "We don't know."

Probably you should get a medal or something for the record highest idol in cloud world.

Good luck.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                  Arthur C. Clarke
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 03:05:39 am »

Thank you everyone who have made an effort to provide an answer.

I feel really disappointed at the fact I am unable to attach Idols to trees while in Cloud World. I have just succeeded in getting a level 30 Idol, and once again, I am unable to attach it to a Sweetgum Tree because "That Idol is too high to be protected here".

There is nowhere in the Guide where it states there is a level that you must jump from Cloud World, and there is no mention of a restriction on the ability to place an Idol on a tree because a person chooses to stay in Cloud World. In fact the only restriction it says : "What Cannot Be Done in CW" answer - "Place birdhouses on horse chestnut trees".

I'm disappointed because it means I am going to have to jump in order to go higher, as I have no way to attain higher level seeds to increase my forestry or whittling if I remain in Cloud World. I have some seeds from statues, however these only go up to Magnolia level - I have never received a seed higher than that.
I feel at a disadvantage at not being able to obtain higher level seeds by offering them to an Idol, but rather to wait and hope I will get the next level seed. It is unfair that people who are not in Cloud World enjoy this option, and it is not available to those choosing to stay in Cloud World. I have devised a good system in Cloud World and have about 10,000 Sweetgum seeds, and now they are useless to me. I can't plant them in Cloud World due to lack of space, and I think it is unfair that I cannot offer them to the Idol because I can't attach the Idol to a tree.

I have two options - one to sell the seeds, and one to jump from Cloud World - neither of which I want to do. Everyone gets to choose when they jump, it seems unfair that I am being forced because I cannot continue to enjoy the game and progress in levels in Cloud World. One of my aims which I can no longer achieve, was to see if I could get to the top level tree with limited space that Cloud World provides. I always thought the actual lack of space would be the cause if I were to fail in this aim. It is sad that it is going to be because of something that does not even exist in the rules.

Edit - I am not a Cloud World Bunker. I have never jumped from Cloud World.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:14:27 am by RainForest » Logged

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
Twisti
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 03:15:55 am »

The wiki is updated and maintained by the players. You find something missing from it ? Add it. There is no 'complete walkthrough with all hints and secrets' for this game, and quite frankly, I find the mere suggestion that there should be one outrageouts.

That being said, CW is designed as a safe place to learn how the game works, not a permanent place to live. If you chose to play a game completely differently from the way it is intended, you will have to live with the consequences of that choice.

However, you do not have to jump to get higher. You can still get higher by staying on CW. You just won't get every different tree levels, a goal which not many players archieve without outside help anyways.
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 03:27:27 am »

Apologies if it sounded as if I was suggesting there was hidden secrets because I was in no way meaning this at all.
I was just expressing how I feel disappointed at not being able to place idols in Cloud World. I was in no way asking for hints or walkthroughs, and was not aware I was playing the game differently to what it was intended. I am upset at the suggestion that I was making an outrageous comment as I was in no way at all intending to be offensive. I was merely asking a question and expressing my disappointment in not being able to achieve one of my aims.

I appreciate you have provided a reason that I can be satisfied with now, and in view of your comments, if I had known this before, I would have just merely jumped from Cloud World, happy that I have achieved all that could be achieved there.

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
Twisti
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 04:43:01 am »

Be proud, you are the first person to stick out there long enough to find that limit.
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:04:28 am »

Be proud, you are the first person to stick out there long enough to find that limit.

The only limit I have found is in attaching Idols to trees.
I haven't actually reached the highest limit I can yet, and it would have been really nice to have tried to get as close to my goal as I could before jumping. Like I said, I have seeds up to Magnolia, so at the moment could do Idols up to that. My understanding of the game was to have fun, but in doing that I made some aims that I wanted to achieve. I have many trees of different levels, and no fences prepared for when I do jump. The strategy I've followed is really good, so I know I would succeed on a base as small as Cloud World, if I were to find only small  amount of land available.

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 05:49:50 pm »

Avoiding discussion of the wiki's shortcoming for a moment...

I think RainForest should hold the record for the highest level idol in CW, and probably the most powerful "tree lord" in CW -- i.e. a new record should be created for this.

And I think an explanation from the administration should be given about the idol level limit in CW. If no explanation is available, or if it due to a coding issue related to the maximum tree leves when the coding was done, I think the limit should be abolished.

I know that admins feel that players should have bases...but I strongly disagree with bases being required or somehow expected because that is the way TW should be played. TW is the greatest sandbox game I have ever played -- if I wanted to do something contrarian like start a fenceless "base" in the middle of a noob world with statues, hoards, and other stuff that "should" be protected by fences, I should be able to. If lots of thou-shalt-nots are implemented, TW would be a very different game that would lose some of its appeal to contrarians like me.
 Wink

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:34 am »

You can get higher seeds from statues and other players, thus no reason you can't go higher on cw.

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here"
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group