TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2019, 11:29:24 pm
Home Login Register
News: Mopsi added some Dead Hemp Stalks to a compost bin.  (Tier: 9)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here"  (Read 4219 times)
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

I am a rock, I am an island......Paul Simon

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 03:20:12 am »

clatra

Thank you for your support and very kind suggestion of abolishing the Tree Idol limit. I guess even if I cannot stay in Cloud World, I have some sense of achievement, but will still be disappointed at not having had opportunity to continue and achieve my goals.

I really love this game. It is so unique. I've played since January 2004  and have developed a strategy to achieve increase in levels, but within the confines of the small space of Cloud World, and I really believe I have the ability to reach the highest tree level there.

LumberJane's comment is really encouraging and maybe I will be able to get higher seeds from statues as I go higher level in trees. In my early days of playing Toadwater, I mentioned in a post I would like to stay in Cloud World and achieve highest levels I can there. This was met with negative comments stating that what I planned was impossible, and the area is too small and restricted to achieve many levels. I disagreed and thought  with strategies I could achieve my aims.

I am not a Cloud World Bunker. I have never jumped from Cloud World, and I  have had no interaction or exchange of items in any way with any other person, and am not a mule for any other account, nor do I have a mule. Everything I have achieved has been within the space of Cloud World with no trading or exchanging. One of my aims was to reach the highest level tree while in Cloud World.

I have received offers of Beggar Gloves and  seeds from other players. While these are very generous thoughts, and the support very appreciated, I really want to achieve my goal without assistance, and would like the opportunity to continues as I have done.

Regarding your suggestion about highest level idol "tree lord in CW. This is a very generous thought, but will encourage others to create a character to remain in Cloud World to achieve the title, however maybe that could add another dimension to the game. Personally I would welcome the challenge, but I'm stiving for the personal reward of achievement of a goal. Like you, I appreciate that the game has not got a lot of "shalt nots" implemented, and like the diversity of choice that is not restrictive.

I really welcome and thank you for your support and would really appreciate imput from Management firstly, because I am not a "Cloud Bunker" allowing me to stay in Cloud World to achieve my goals I set when I started playing over 2 years ago, and secondly re consideration regarding changing Idols in Cloud World so all can be attached to trees.
Thank you once again for your encouragement and suggestions
Warmest Regards,
RainForest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

LumberJane

Thank you very much for your encouragement. At the  moment I've decided not to jump and to reach as high a level of tree I can in Cloud World, so your comment is very encouraging.
Warmest Regards,
RainForest.

God grant me the SERENITY
To accept the things I cannot change,
COURAGE to change the things I can,
And WISDOM to know the difference.
Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 03:49:17 am »

No problem, was just letting you know there were options that didn't include *having* to jump. I respect what you're trying to do. It's cool. Good luck. Smiley

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 03:58:39 am »

And I think an explanation from the administration should be given about the idol level limit in CW. If no explanation is available, or if it due to a coding issue related to the maximum tree leves when the coding was done, I think the limit should be abolished.

Regarding the above Quote >

Water Elm is level 28, and Red Juniper is Level 26. I already have these two Idols attached to trees.
I am however, unable to attach a Sycamore Idol to a tree which is only Level 25, a lower level than both of the above. Once again it states, "That Idol is too high to be protected there."

From the above, it can be determined that it is possible that the coding can be adjusted so Idols can be attached to trees in Cloud World, as it was possible in the past, or I would not have the Water Elm and Red Juniper attached, and in view of that, should be able to attach the Idol of lower level trees than those I have attached at the moment.

This means that there was a time when Idols could be attached but are no longer able to be attached in Cloud World, and suggests that it is not a result of when coding was done, but either a change by Management or a glitch.

I thank people for support given and would really appreciate imput from Management firstly, because I am not a "Cloud Bunker" allowing me to stay in Cloud World to achieve my goals I set when I started playing over 2 years ago, and secondly re consideration regarding changing Idols in Cloud World so all can be attached to trees.
With Thanks
Kindest Regards,
RainForest.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 04:03:06 am by RainForest » Logged

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 04:03:00 am »

I think it's possible the actual limit is amount of idols on cloud world. Much as we have a limit of how many hoards and such we can have on personal islands. I don't know for certain, but Dragoon and Matt should know.

[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 04:07:31 am »

I think it's possible the actual limit is amount of idols on cloud world. Much as we have a limit of how many hoards and such we can have on personal islands. I don't know for certain, but Dragoon and Matt should know.

LumberJane,
Thank you for your suggestion. I just removed a Balsam Idol, and the Sycamore Idol is still unable to be placed onto a Sycamore tree which suggests it is not to do with the number of Idols,
Good thought though,
Thank You,
RainForest.

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 04:17:58 am »

The reason that you cannot go greater than level 25 on idols in CW is because the land is stored in the database the same way as newb world land.  I will see if we want to lift this restriction to see if we should allow idols above level 25 on CW.

LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 04:19:46 am »

The reason that you cannot go greater than level 25 on idols in CW is because the land is stored in the database the same way as newb world land.  I will see if we want to lift this restriction to see if we should allow idols above level 25 on CW.

But he has a water elm idol already placed, matt, and that's lvl 28. So something's wrong with that code or something.

Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 04:26:04 am »

That is a bug. I am looking into the code to see how an idol above level 25 got placed.

We are currently not planning on changing the idol restriction.  Cloud World is intended to get you started out and to let you play a sort of catch-up game; it was not intended for you to live you game life in solitude.

Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

I'm a loser who sucks at losing

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 04:34:28 am »

I don't really care anymore since I've already placed my idols, but why is there a restriction on idols in noob worlds? Is it to protect noobs from getting their idols chopped or is this part of the game and is just how it is?

duh
RainForest
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 04:37:36 am »

That is a bug. I am looking into the code to see how an idol above level 25 got placed.

Matt
Thank you Matt for reviewing the Idols. I appreciate the time, and I guess the positive thing is it has made awareness of a bug.
In relation to my being able to place an Idol above level 25 in the past, I placed the Juniper Idol some time ago when Qill was in Management. I have been able to offer seeds to the Idol, and it has a power of 135. If the change to the ability to place Idols higher than level 25 in Cloud World was made more recently than when Qill was here, then that would have explained how I was able to attach the Idol, and that it is not a glitch, but from the way things were previous to the change.
I hope that helps,
Kind Regards,
RainForest.

Dr. Rienhold Nieburh
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 04:44:08 am »

Ahhh, it was most likely a change made after Qill left TW.

[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

No matter what happens, control the outcome.

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 12:10:41 am »

thats too bad, this was actually a good argument. but i think matt is right, in a way, because cloud world is just to start you out on the right track, not to set you for life

edit: sorry this was supposed to go at the end of the first page. my bad, i didnt notice their was two pages
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:12:53 am by cringe » Logged

Jesus, what are you, 9 ? That's the worst spelling I've ever seen, and I practically live on the internets. I officially declare you mentaly handicapped. You get a free parking space.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: "That Idol is too high to be protected here"
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group