TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 11:06:40 pm
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove 10 squares of Imperial Cloth  (90 xp, 10 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 72.28%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: GET UR PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: GET UR PS3  (Read 14259 times)
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

I'm a loser who sucks at losing

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 05:20:10 am »

Eh, I just watched the video and I was somehow disappointed. It needed some fire or some azentner.

duh
Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2006, 05:28:06 am »

It needed an azentner on fire running through the crowd catching people on fire.  And some explosions.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 05:40:27 am by Rockstar » Logged
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 05:35:22 am »

http://smashmyps3.com/images/allparts.jpg
The person that did that should be arrested Angry
That guy's awesome Smiley

Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 05:48:29 am »

It's only funny because he didn't really pay for it AND got a second to rape people in the ass with.

duh
(SeriousThreat) - Toadwater's Finest Prince
Centivelian
----------

IM BACK

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 06:20:39 am »

That was one ridiculous wait.

I got to Best Buy at 11 am on Wednesday, and there was a line wrapped around the building and i was like fuck.

Then we took a stroll accross the road to good old circuit city and there was 6 people waiting, We asked them how many they had and they said six so we took off, then we went and boutght cigs,

We were thinking hey fuck that no way they have only six thats bull so we went back and asked a manager and found out there was ten, not only that but two people had left becasue of other priorities.

The first night was easy we played halo 2 on the circuit city wall with a projection screen. How awesome to make time fly, smoked a hookah, and watched our drivein style dvds.

But the second day was filled with verbally explaining to people like try yesturday your reallly late. Got alot of angry people.

At night it poured, it poured for 10 hours all the way up until we got our vouchers.

Plus the neighboring town had three shootings and six people hospitalized,

I earned my fucking ps3 and you would have to be crazy not to sell it if it was going over 3000,

If it doesnt sell for over 1500 which my reserve will always be im gonna keep it, because i need a thousand dollars, 500 dollars isnt worth my trouble.

My buyitnow is sooo high because im one of five people shipping outside the us, the states arent my target market

slipknot
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 06:26:58 am »

0 bids

Twisti
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 11:09:23 am »

People who complain about this kind of 'scalping' need to move to russia or china. This is not a communist country, it's capitalistic. That means prices are formed by supply and demand. If someone sells items for much less than they are worth (and if people pay 5000 bucks for a PS3, then its worth 5000 bucks), then it's only natural that other people buy them cheap and sell them for higher prices. Thats how capitalism works.
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 01:39:11 pm »

People who complain about this kind of 'scalping' need to move to russia or china. This is not a communist country, it's capitalistic. That means prices are formed by supply and demand. If someone sells items for much less than they are worth (and if people pay 5000 bucks for a PS3, then its worth 5000 bucks), then it's only natural that other people buy them cheap and sell them for higher prices. Thats how capitalism works.

Correction, If people pay 5000 bucks for a PS3, they are desperate and sad. It doesn't really make the PS3 worth 5000 bucks, just worth that to the desperate people. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think the PS3 is worth about 250 bucks. Like me. Smiley However, since I don't intend to ever own one, I wouldn't pay 250 bucks for it either. Supply and demand does run our country, but prices only get jacked if the demand is raised by the desperate.

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
Twisti
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2006, 03:54:56 pm »

Wrong. If people are desperate enough to *PAY* 5000 bucks for it, then thats exactly what it is worth. Just because you think it should be worth 250 bucks, 10,000 bucks or 10 cents does not make it worth that much. What *DOES* make it worth something is what people who actually buy t pay for it in an open market. And to jack a price you would have to intentionally lower the supply, which at least those scalpers are not doing.

Its like diamonds. To me, a diamond is only a piece of boring glass, without any practical use. So a diamond big enough to make a window out of is worth about 100 bucks to me. I'm sure there are many people who wouldn't even pay that much for it, especially people who care more about getting some food. That does not mean diamonds are worth 1 dollar per kilo. They are worth many millions, because, just like with the PS3, there is a low supply and a high demand of people willing to pay that much for them.

It's called capitalism. The only thing that defines the worth of an item is the actual price paid in an open transaction.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 04:18:05 pm »

Interesting comparison, Twisti.  Because in both cases, the supply is controlled by the supplier.  Most of the diamonds in teh world are controlled by DeBeers.  There is actually a larger supply of diamonds than is released, but if they release them all, the prices would be lower.

I'm sure that Sony could have, and will in the future, produce more units.  But you have to admit, this hype is only helping their product.  Those people that are expecting high prices need to be wary.  If they wait too long, the supply will increase, and they will have wasted a lot of money.  Sure, right now the PS3 is worth up to $5000 to some people.  However, that will not last long.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 04:22:29 pm »

That's how capitalism works, but that system includes that you pay taxes on your profit tough. That's why these sales aren't legal. If you buy with the intention to sell for more, you are doing business, thus you are required to pay taxes on your profit.

EDIT ofcourse I know nothing about the American system lol. This is how it is in Belgium  Grin
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2006, 04:33:28 pm »

Interesting comparison, Twisti.  Because in both cases, the supply is controlled by the supplier.  Most of the diamonds in teh world are controlled by DeBeers.  There is actually a larger supply of diamonds than is released, but if they release them all, the prices would be lower.

That doesn't change the fact that Twisti is right. It's not hard at all to find markets that aren't supplier controlled. Fruit auctions for example. If they have a good harvest, prices plummet because there is too much supply for the demand. Also sales of paintings. A painting is worthless, unless someone wants to give money for it. And indeed, if some collector gives 150 million $ for a Van Gogh, that is the price of such painting.
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 04:40:53 pm »

I like to think of worth like weight. If my memory serves me right weight = mass * acceleration where weight = worth, mass = price, and acceleration = market conditions. Although the price (mass) never really changes, the market conditions (acceleration) do, due to increased demand for the product. Thus the worth (weight) increases as long as the market conditions are favorable.

duh
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 04:45:18 pm »

I like to think of worth like weight. If my memory serves me right weight = mass * acceleration where weight = worth, mass = price, and acceleration = market conditions. Although the price (mass) never really changes, the market conditions (acceleration) do, due to increased demand for the product. Thus the worth (weight) increases as long as the market conditions are favorable.

That's economically nonsence, because in a free economy, worth = price.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 04:45:22 pm »

That doesn't change the fact that Twisti is right. . . . snip . . .

Did you not read all of my post? 

. . . snip . .  Sure, right now the PS3 is worth up to $5000 to some people.  However, that will not last long.

I never said Twisti was wrong. 

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Balbabados
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 04:47:27 pm »

*punches aze in the throat* you confused me this early in the morning
Jimmyx
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 04:47:53 pm »

I would like to add that with less than an 2 hours remaining there are still 0 bids on this item Cheesy

I'll be happy to take it off your hands for just the quoted shipping amount Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: GET UR PS3
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group