TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 11:30:51 pm
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove 10 squares of Imperial Cloth  (90 xp, 10 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 72.28%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: I Hate this country sometimes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: I Hate this country sometimes  (Read 14004 times)
(SeriousThreat) - Toadwater's Finest Prince
Centivelian
----------

IM BACK

« on: December 01, 2006, 10:58:18 pm »

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/newly-elected-muslim-lawmaker-under/20061201093309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I don't see the fucking problem.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:02:41 pm by (SevereThreat) » Logged

testy
Centivelian
----------

Achtung Baby

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:01:53 pm »

Then leave.

<Zim Foamy Fan> two of my toes are webbed together... it looks awesome

<[MILF] Light Daemon> And I wanted poo flinging monkies on my base.

Some people are like a Slinky...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Duff Man
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:59:20 pm »

I'd be more concerned about him blowing up.   Lips Sealed

(336-34-2) 0:76:29 Duff Man wove an Imperial Seed Bag (Odds: 5.29%) 3743 xp
(336-34-2) 0:76:23 Duff Man wove a pair of Imperial Milking Gloves (Odds: 21.16%) 468 xp
Jimmyx
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 12:26:07 am »

And we wonder why the world hates Americans.

"Why da hell won't they learn to speak English!  I don't care if this is Japan!"
Paputa
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 12:58:35 am »

I think he has every right to swear on the Koran (Quran?) instead of the Bible.
Farmer Billy-Bob-Joe
Centivelian
----------

Farmer BBJ and Ethel

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 03:16:16 am »

Then leave.

Also it can be spelled Koran, Qur'an, or Quran.

margethatcher@hotmail.com
[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

No matter what happens, control the outcome.

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 04:19:28 am »

I think he should have to swear on the book written by the God we are under, considering that our pledge of allegiance says "one nation under GOD", not one nation under Muhammed. This is merely opinion, however, and i am not trying to start a religious rant.

Jesus, what are you, 9 ? That's the worst spelling I've ever seen, and I practically live on the internets. I officially declare you mentaly handicapped. You get a free parking space.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 04:59:34 am »

Muhammed wasn't God though, he was just a prophet, iirc.

Freedom of religion.  Swear on whatever book is holiest to you.

[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 05:12:17 am »

That is true, Muhammed was the one who "recieved" the Koran from that other guy if im not mistaken. I still think that the Bible should remain the ONLY book thought to be holy in the government. But... the government tries to take religion out of schools and the general public and everything else for that matter. So i guess it all comes down to the question of do we still believe in God as the one and only God. If so, then the Bible states that only through Jesus can we be saved or blessed by God in our doings at all. So, in that case, that would make the Koran just like any other book. Which it is. They just dont want to believe it. In any case, the Koran is not Holy.

Jesus, what are you, 9 ? That's the worst spelling I've ever seen, and I practically live on the internets. I officially declare you mentaly handicapped. You get a free parking space.
Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 05:22:43 am »

The Bible is fictional, so is all other religion.  There may be a divine force, but all other religions exploit this "force" to profit.  You have a freedom of religion, why shouldn't you be able to be sworn in to office on your holy book.  The whole point of swearing on the bible is that you don't want to lie on your religion.  If someone who believes in another religion swears in on the bible that would just be another book to them, he might as well be lying without any punishment, in his mind.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 05:33:34 am »

Dude, just because America was founded by Christian leaning folks doesn't mean the Bible should be a Holy book to the government.  Religion has no place in school, except in History class.  Churches, etc. have a religion class for kids who go to public schools, and that is enough.

Seriously, the holiest book is a personal choice that I make, not a choice that the government needs to make.

Just think, what if our country was founded by Muslims and we were the minority: how would we want to be treated?

[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 05:34:05 am »

Think what you want, but if you believe that, and i believe the Bible, then arguing wont get us anywhere. That is true that swearing on the Bible means nothing to him, though. i didnt think of it that way. I think if he cannot swear on the Bible, then he shouldnt be in office at all. I dont get the whole concept of moving away from the Bible and the founding principle of our country. God gave us everything we have, and then we come along and shun him from our society? I still havent wrapped my brain around this. I know that some people dont believe in God or religion at all. I wish those people could realize that they were created by this God that they try to put out of their minds and not believe in. I guess they were not raised in a God fearing home like me and they should feel cheated that they werent. I sure feel that they were cheated.

Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 05:37:05 am »

America is based on freedom of religion.  It is not based on freedom of your favorite Christian religion--it is based on freedom of ANY religion.

Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 05:37:31 am »

In other words you are an ignorant religous zealot?  Here is a question for you, if god created everything, who created god?
[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:42 am »

No, i do not believe in religion. I believe in God. And also, no one created God. It is a hard concept to think about, but thats whats so great about it. you dont have to grasp it, just believe in it. God has been around forever. In his glory, he decided he wanted something to worship him. So he created earth, which you read about in the first chapter of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. No giant meteors or amoebas evolving, just creation.

Sean
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 05:42:42 am »

It should be that you should swear on the thing that is most holy to you, because say if you're elected, and you don't believe in god, it would be easy to swear on a bible and lie and cheat and fuck things up because you don't give a damn about the bible. Therefore, it would make more sense for this man to swear upon the Quran.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 05:48:27 am »

No, i do not believe in religion. I believe in God. And also, no one created God. It is a hard concept to think about, but thats whats so great about it. you dont have to grasp it, just believe in it. God has been around forever. In his glory, he decided he wanted something to worship him. So he created earth, which you read about in the first chapter of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. No giant meteors or amoebas evolving, just creation.
I'm a fairly religious Roman Catholic, and I think Creationism is retarded.  Evolution does not disprove God's existance, and it also does not prove that he didn't create us.

There are two books in the Bible we are told that we must evaluate symbolicly, because what they say is out there: Genesis and Revelation.  That's not to say that you take everything in the Good Book word for word, but those two books expecially must be interpreted to reach their true meaning.

The Creation story is stupid if taken literally.  The entire point of it is so that we realize that there is a greater being that is responsible for our existance.

That being said, Wandering Sean makes a great point.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: I Hate this country sometimes
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group