TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 27, 2021, 11:35:47 pm
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella wove 10 squares of Imperial Cloth  (90 xp, 10 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 72.28%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: I Hate this country sometimes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: I Hate this country sometimes  (Read 14005 times)
Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 05:52:36 am »

No, i do not believe in religion. I believe in God. And also, no one created God. It is a hard concept to think about, but thats whats so great about it. you dont have to grasp it, just believe in it. God has been around forever. In his glory, he decided he wanted something to worship him. So he created earth, which you read about in the first chapter of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. No giant meteors or amoebas evolving, just creation.

So nothing has changed whenever there has been a new species god made it that way.  God MADE it so that we share the same D.N.A. with chimps.  The fact that humans get taller every generation does not exist through evolution.  So god just says "Hey, I should make every generation of humans taller!"  Breeding dogs together to make new species doesn't come down to genes, it comes down to god saying "This is how I think a mix of these two dogs would look, so let me make it that way".  According to how you explain it, this is the truth.
[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

No matter what happens, control the outcome.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 05:52:37 am »

Sense would tell you that evolution took place and Darwin was not a derranged lunatic also. That is where the term leap of faith comes from. You have to put aside what the world desperately attempts to cram into your head and just believe. I dont know the verse, but the Bible says"By grace you have been saved through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast." It clearly says that your decision is by faith, not by what is comfortable or what seems right to you. It is a very tough dilemma to think that God has always been here and that he created us for the sole purpose of worshipping him, but when it all boils down, thats what life is.

Jesus, what are you, 9 ? That's the worst spelling I've ever seen, and I practically live on the internets. I officially declare you mentaly handicapped. You get a free parking space.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 05:56:11 am »

Holy crap dude... you're crazy. Science and religion don't exclude each other.

Evolution happens.  Accept it.

Blatently denying scientific FACT makes you look moronic.  They call evolution a theory, but they also call atoms a theory, and everything that engineers do is based on theory.  Theory means that we're pretty sure we know what it is and how it works.

If it were called the evolution hypothesis, your argument might not sound as stupid; however, mounds of evidence to back it up exist.

[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 06:14:55 am »

I am sorry to hear that. Think what you want, but your boat is sinking, and im safe on shore, but only you can jump out and swim to shore. Evolution doesnt happen, it is simply not true. Name doesnt matter, it just isnt true. Havent i been saying the whole time that being saved isnt about evidence? We have the Bible, which is all the evidence we need to put all our faith into God. Havent you ever read the Bible? Dont they go to church in Kansas? It amazes me that this concept is new to people.

Jesus, what are you, 9 ? That's the worst spelling I've ever seen, and I practically live on the internets. I officially declare you mentaly handicapped. You get a free parking space.
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 12:32:41 pm »

It's 5:30am so I *could* be wrong, but I don't believe I am. This verse you're talking about "By grace you have been saved through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast." I believe that verse was when God was trying to say you can't work your way into heaven by doing good deeds alone but you must also have faith in him.

That said, I believe religion is something no two people will ever agree on completely. It's the longest lasting argument in history. Even since before politics came along.

I have a firm belief that each person should be allowed their own views on religion and their own beliefs and that no one should tell them what they should believe. Thus, if you feel someone is wrong, you could say "well my view on that matter is *blah blah blah*" Not argue with them and say "You're wrong and you're going to hell" or whatever.

Cringe, while I get that you're possibly just trying to "help people out by showing them the truth" or whatever, you step out of line when you try to push your views onto others. It's a great thing to share what you believe and give others the opportunity to adapt to that way of thinking, but not to insult them when they decide that they don't believe the same thing.

I'm pretty sure my own beliefs are way out there compared to most, and while I'm always happy to tell others my take on things, I never ask them to believe it, just to say "That's possible." Anything is "possible" because we don't know the real truth. It's all based on what you believe. There's really no point in arguing or insulting people about it.

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
Balbabados
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 04:08:58 pm »

TI guess they were not raised in a God fearing home like me and they should feel cheated that they werent. I sure feel that they were cheated.

i thought you were supposed to "love" this god, not fear him, allthough that is pretty much the only reason most people follow religions
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 04:22:22 pm »

I think it would be more accurate to say we love God and yet fear his wrath. I'm not really scared of him though. lol think I'm in trouble for saying that? I don't though.

A personal opinion on the bible - It's not 100% completely truth. It was when it was originally written perhaps, but it has since been translated and no doubt altered by man. I think you kinda have to sift through it and find the truth. Kinda like what Matt said. Interpretation. Like for instance, how many people God really created the world in 7 24-hour days? I don't. The Hebrew word that they translated into "day" for the book of Genesis has 2 meanings. The one is "day" and the other is "age". And an age can be many many years, not just 24 hours.

Just my take on things. No one has to believe it. Smiley

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 05:06:28 pm »

I am sorry to hear that. Think what you want, but your boat is sinking, and im safe on shore, but only you can jump out and swim to shore. Evolution doesnt happen, it is simply not true. Name doesnt matter, it just isnt true. Havent i been saying the whole time that being saved isnt about evidence? We have the Bible, which is all the evidence we need to put all our faith into God. Havent you ever read the Bible? Dont they go to church in Kansas? It amazes me that this concept is new to people.

Hah people like you still make me laugh really hard. If I were a good person, i would petty you, but i can't. I just think you're an idiot.
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 05:44:18 pm »

i agree with a few people on this one Undecided
i agree that if you have the freedom of religion, you should be able to choose what YOU want to choose.  i believe that even though it may be wrong, freedom is not only for the people we agree with or sympathize with   it is for everyone involved.

i also agree that however right you are, people will not believe honestly believe something if you try to force it on to them.  you just have to be an example and make people want to know why you do the things you do

third, if you believe in the bible believe all of it. period.  dont make your own interpretation, dont ignore things you dont like.

the argument of creation/evolution is never going to be over, nothing is going to change by arguiung, and nobody can completely disprove either one because both sides make convincing arguments and you just have to decide what you believe in.

you cant just believe what you want or think is true out of any relevant book, because the writer wants you to get it all.  you either believe ALL of it or none of it.  no mistranslations, no tweaked pieces, nothing like that.  god wrote it, and he would make sure that only truth and everything that he wanted would get into it, remember, this is god's one and only Holy Book

i like to insert my opinion whether people want it or not Grin

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
(SeriousThreat) - Toadwater's Finest Prince
Centivelian
----------

IM BACK

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 09:09:20 pm »

Shocked

Look what I started.

It's open and shut for me.

America isn't:

ONE RACE
ONE DECREE
ONE RELIGION
ONE IDEA

We are the world in ourself and we need respect everyone and all their rights are reserved in the constitution.

Under God was added to the pledge to shut out the new idea of Atheism in the early 1900's. It's not a part of my pledge or our original one.

Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2006, 09:18:34 pm »

I agree with this speech.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.  But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American.  There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one flag, the American flag.  We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

And the constitution wasn't written to last america forever, it should be rewritten but that isn't going to happen.
Farmer Billy-Bob-Joe
Centivelian
----------

Farmer BBJ and Ethel

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 09:50:58 pm »

And the constitution wasn't written to last america forever, it should be rewritten but that isn't going to happen.

Huh?

The whole reason the Constitution was created was to establish our federal government (and our freedoms - thanks to Jefferson). Without a constitution, there is no America.

margethatcher@hotmail.com
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2006, 10:07:36 pm »

I am sorry to hear that. Think what you want, but your boat is sinking, and im safe on shore, but only you can jump out and swim to shore. Evolution doesnt happen, it is simply not true. Name doesnt matter, it just isnt true. Havent i been saying the whole time that being saved isnt about evidence?
You will be saved if you were a good person who does good things and follows the Church. Whether or not you believe in evolution is not going to affect you getting into Heaven. If you are an asshole with no morals, you're going to hell. If you follow God's laws, you get into Heaven.

We have the Bible, which is all the evidence we need to put all our faith into God. Havent you ever read the Bible?
Yes, but I'm not stupid and I realize that there is more to life than the direct word of the Bible.  There are two sources of doctrine for the Church: The Bible and Sacred Tradition.  Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church (essentially the rule book for Catholics) and you'll see that there is nothing in there about rejected solid science.

Just because evolution doesn't mean God wasn't involved in our creation. Evolution is just a tool used by God as far as we know.
Dont they go to church in Kansas?
Yes, we do.  Don't be an ass.  I've gone to church every Sunday since I can remember.  I went to Catholic school until I graduated high school--so I also went to church during the week a fair amount.
It amazes me that this concept is new to people.
It amazes me that you can ignore things that have been proven true.  Without these theories, half of the crap us engineers build wouldn't work.  These theories are foundations of our scientific knowledge, and if we didn't accept them, we wouldn't have luxuries like: electricity (HVAC, cars, etc), skyscrapers, quantum physics, Radios, Phones, etc.

Faith does not mean rejecting things that are proven true, it means believing in things which there is no scientific evidence for, things such as God's existencem, the existence of Heaven, the soul, etc.

You sound an awful lot like one of those fundamentalists to me.

Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 10:57:07 pm »

Huh?

The whole reason the Constitution was created was to establish our federal government (and our freedoms - thanks to Jefferson). Without a constitution, there is no America.

I am aware of that, but the constitution was not written for a country to use 200 years down the line.
Farmer Billy-Bob-Joe
Centivelian
----------

Farmer BBJ and Ethel

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 11:07:47 pm »

Well, I still have absolutely no idea why you think the Constitution is irrelevant today. It serves its purpose every day.

[rebel]lion
scrolling n00b
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 12:08:53 am »

Well, I still have absolutely no idea why you think the Constitution is irrelevant today. It serves its purpose every day.
I agree. No where in the constitution does it say it may be rewritten if it needs improvement. And yes, the constitution should be used until this country stops speaking english, Rockstar. And even then, it should be translated to that language.

Farmer Billy-Bob-Joe
Centivelian
----------

Farmer BBJ and Ethel

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 12:11:24 am »

* Farmer Billy-Bob-Joe bangs his head on the desk.

Those are what amendments are Cringe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  The Padded Cell  |  Topic: I Hate this country sometimes
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group