TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 02:25:07 pm
Home Login Register
News: Mopsi melted some Silica Sand and made a crude flasks! (Odds: 154%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: No 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: No  (Read 4327 times)
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

I'm a loser who sucks at losing

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 03:56:09 pm »

:Smiley

Quiet you.

duh
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:37:28 pm »

There are no rules saying that I have to announce when I'm going to run an edict and in fact I have posted in the past that I plan on running edicts without any notice. You have all been thoroughly warned.
There is the letter of the "law" and the intent of the law. The intent of edicts, to my understanding, was to give something back to the TW community. One could argue that exploiting a game mechanic, like edicts, for personal gain is cheating.

Thoroughly warned? Considering I have just a few minutes a day to read forums, there is no way I could possibly read half of what you post, azentner. I just learned about the construction edict, and it is more than half over. You overestimate how much people hang on your every word (this is the first time I have learned that you planned on running edicts without *any* notice). And it does not look like there is anything on the govenment calendar about this edict, either (not to slight you, Myrrdin, but an official government calendar should be run by the official).

In the past few weeks I have had an hour, maybe 2, to dedicate to playing when edicts are in effect. Sure, this probably means godhood will forever be out of reach but that is not my goal. But crap like unannounced edicts make casual, paying players like myself feel less welcome around here. And do not get me started on allowing cheaters to become gods (Dragoon, giving the government power to punish players is a great idea, I just think the power should have been announced now but given to the next government so the community might actually take the next election seriously).

I personally agreed with your pre-election, tongue-in-cheek references to demolishing/overhauling the government, azentner. But if this is your way of taking the government down...

Plus I'm tired of people bitching.
That is rich coming from you. Or were you trying to be funny?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:39:02 pm by clatra » Logged

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Fingerpicker
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 05:44:56 pm »

And do not get me started on allowing cheaters to become gods.

That is rich coming from you. Or were you trying to be funny?

I hope that first reference wasn't only to me, because if we had it your way, the top10 would look very different.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just write a hole post complaining?

(336-34-9) 4:95:85 fingerpicker set a NEW RECORD, finding 7 Gold Radishes in one crop!! (Total Found: 1716)
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »

whole*
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just write a hole post complaining?

whole*

duh
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »

Cheaters should not be gods.

I also feel cheaters should be removed from the ranks. I do not care what the top 10 would look like as long as the game does not get borked if someone in the top 10 is removed. But I am not part of the government so, frankly, what I think makes little difference.

Yes, I complained. Hopefully constructively. I was poking fun at azentner who is well known for his complaining, particularly his anti-government remarks before he became part of it. Now he is tired of people bitching about the government.

Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 05:54:20 pm »

particularly his anti-government remarks before he became part of it. Now he is tired of people bitching about the government.

If you know I hate the government, then you should know I'm only trying to waste as much of the governments money as possible before I leave office. I'll take it down with me. My actions have nothing to do with personal gain, any edict would benefit me as much as the next.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:56:25 pm by azentner » Logged

duh
LumberJane
Centivelian
----------

I love trees!

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 05:56:32 pm »

But I am not part of the government so, frankly, what I think makes little difference.

Actually, some of us reps think the players' opinions do matter. I, for one, encourage people to come to me when they want to suggest something to the government. I think all players should have some say besides simply voting for the reps and president, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. I believe it is the job of the reps to represent the players. Perhaps the players simply don't understand that they can and should approach reps with concerns and suggestions.

LumberJane- Female lumberjack
[16:36:33] <Dragoon> Well, I was emotionally distraught when I was rejected by LumberJane
Banner by Treewalker Smiley
Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 06:01:29 pm »

Just as a completly off topic side note, look at how much people have been posting recently. You get more fun to read, emotionally driven posts and less mindless crap. You can all thank me later.  Smiley

duh
minerva
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 06:08:58 pm »

there's a lot more mindless crap with the more posting. 

most of the posts are basically moronic, or complaining or oooh azentner, you rock.  You're a great player but not the end all be all.

Th vast majority of the posters say little.  Or they post a smiley which is about as stupid.

Quantity doesn't equate quality.   

quit being tiresome.
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 06:17:37 pm »

If you know I hate the government, then you should know I'm only trying to waste as much of the governments money as possible before I leave office.
Have you considered back-to-back-to-back ceasefire edicts?

Actually, some of us reps think the players' opinions do matter. I, for one, encourage people to come to me when they want to suggest something to the government. I think all players should have some say besides simply voting for the reps and president, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. I believe it is the job of the reps to represent the players. Perhaps the players simply don't understand that they can and should approach reps with concerns and suggestions.
Excellent points, JumberJane. I know that a balance must be struck when determining punishments for cheating in TW -- namely if our smallish game throws the book at each player who bends the rules, the game will become even smaller, so how do we punish without driving players away?

I do not have an answer for that rather sticky question. But allowing any self-admitted/convicted cheater to become a god is wrong (I know that is not what the most recent court was empowered to decide...but that is where we are now) and I challenge anyone to argue that allowing a cheater to become a god is okay.

Obviously I feel strongly about cheating. I will be more open with the representatives and the community about issues related to it and punishments the next time they arise. I would like to know when someone is "on trial" but maybe the trial process is not supposed to be public.

EDIT: grammar
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:19:48 pm by clatra » Logged

Tsaor Krad
I CHEAT TO BECOME A
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 06:24:38 pm »

Have you considered back-to-back-to-back ceasefire edicts?

That would just be silly.

And this last trial was kind of thrust upon us rather quickly. My opinion is that Dragoon was thinking "I don't want to deal with this so I'll give it to the government." Hopefully any trials from here on out will be announced better.

duh
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 06:56:54 pm »

Well, he's not breaking the rules, technically... It's not my fault that a bunch of morons voted for az....

Rockstar
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 03:50:44 am »

That is a personal attack against all people who voted for azentner.  That is bannable.
prask
Centivelian
----------

I'm a more of an oblate spheroid.

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 03:56:22 am »

Since when is a statement of fact a personal attack? 

Its official. Cheesy

Prask's ideas are good, and make sense.

prask knows what he's talking about.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:32 am »

I banned mattsiegman and he broke the bars that binded him and shot lasers at the guards.

Pew, pew..

I couldn't help but to let him back.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 04:26:16 am »

I agree... the sound effects really swayed me.

macroing is cool

[00:30:00] <+EmperorWu> don't finish
[00:30:02] <+EmperorWu> I'm in.

[00:24:20] <Travis> I wasn't smart enough to back it up.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: No
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group