TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2020, 11:28:16 am
Home Login Register
News: MWI planted a Maso Bamboo Shoot (Odds: 380.01%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Some fencing bugged: Delay to see fencing refresh 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some fencing bugged: Delay to see fencing refresh  (Read 626 times)
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« on: June 08, 2007, 05:11:39 pm »

Just tried refreshing fencing and some of my fencing is bugged.

It appears that fencing that had not been refreshed for more than 2 months is what became bugged -- see last paragraph for specifics.

Description of bug:
For the bugged fencing when I refresh 21 squares of it in my view, it seems I need to do an additional action for all 21 fences to be refreshed. The additional action can be most anything (clicking on one of the 21 fences a second time, moving, changing selected items in inventory, etc). Until this additional action registers, all of the normal effects that happen during refreshing do not register including: health cost, gold cost, and the fencing stage changing to 1 (on mouseover and the gif file/tile) -- note I neglected to notice the health cost not registering until I died since all of these delayed effects hit all at once (any way to get a free DCM and FF, heh?).

I have about 12 pieces of "bugged" fencing at stage 11 -- I can PM their coords if a Matt would like to see their odd behavior. I have a few hundred pieces of bugged fencing that I refreshed this morning while trying to figure out what was going on (and a few hundred pieces of unbugged fencing that refreshed with no issues).

If I had to guess what contributed to the fencing becoming bugged, it appears that it is all fencing that I last refreshed during the first week of April, probably April 1st or 2nd (I refreshed all the unbugged fencing on that day, also, but since then the unbugged fencing has also been refreshed the first week of May).

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:44:20 am »

so, the fences you refresh aren't registering the refresh at all until you do another action?

clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:19:57 am »

Yes, for all fencing that was last refreshed the first week of April.

Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 02:19:11 am »

I think I fixed it, but I'm not sure

clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 06:38:28 pm »

I think you fixed it, too (the last of my "bugged" fencing refreshed fine)!
 Cool

Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Some fencing bugged: Delay to see fencing refresh
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group