TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2019, 07:48:20 am
Home Login Register
News: Jinjur finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Captcha Frequency 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Captcha Frequency  (Read 679 times)
Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« on: July 31, 2007, 07:35:07 pm »

Anybody know the frequency of captcha popups for different events?  I'm interested in knowing which action(s) has/have the greatest frequency of popups.
Twisti
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:53 pm »

As captchas are EXTREMELY random, someone would have to look at the source for you. I could provide some of the percentages, but not all, since I'm not kept up to date.
Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:15 pm »

That's what I assumed, due to randomness, but some actions have a noticeably increased chance.    Making salads, for instance, appears to have a greater frequency than say, whittling.  This could just be a personal coincidence, but if others have noticed it as well, then there may be some actual truth to it.
Twisti
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 07:45:31 pm »

No, all actions have a specific percentage. I think whittling and construction have the same, but that's about it. The percentage massively vary too, for example I believe fence chopping has a popup rate almost ten times as high as washing strawberries. I could dig up the numbers, but they'd be outdated anyways.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 07:48:33 pm »

Fence chopping is the highest by far, with washing strawberries tailing by about half the frequency (I haven't chopped fences in a while, so I don't know of any recent changes). Weaving yarn to cloth and flower picking are both on the high side, and whittling is definitely the lowest-frequency action that still gets popups, with construction a close second lowest frequency.

macroing is cool

[00:30:00] <+EmperorWu> don't finish
[00:30:02] <+EmperorWu> I'm in.

[00:24:20] <Travis> I wasn't smart enough to back it up.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Captcha Frequency
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group