TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2019, 06:07:29 pm
Home Login Register
News: BoonZee finished fertilizing a field for Alchy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Rules that are not obvious - EVERY TOADWATER PLAYER MUST READ THIS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Rules that are not obvious - EVERY TOADWATER PLAYER MUST READ THIS  (Read 17182 times)
Twisti
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:19:20 pm »

I figured since lots of people actually don't know some of these rules, we should have one central stickied post with all the rules that are not "obvious" ("don't use exploits" would be obvious, for example). Let me know what you think. I'd also like a Matt to post here to confirm these rules.

• If you look at the map, there are two types of continents - the old ones on the right, and the new ones (A3, A5, B4, C3, C5 all in superworld D3) on the left. The ones on the left HAVE A NEW RULE!. In those worlds, you are not allowed to fence off, or in part fence off, or hinder or prohibit in any form travel to and from any of the noob worlds, NO MATTER WHETHER THEY ARE IN USE OR NOT. That means when laying down fences, you have to take care that everyone can travel from any random noob world to any other random noob world at any time. Attached at the end of this post is a picture with a few examples.

• You are not allowed to fence in another player in a way that makes them unable to escape their prison. That means no fencing people in on healing trees. This rule holds up NO MATTER WHO, meaning you can't put raiders on a healing tree either. You are, however, allowed to put raiders in a normal prison that they can escape by killing themselves. You are never allowed to fence in someone who isn't a raider.

• You have to answer popups within a reasonable time. That means within a time that someone who is actually playing the game would take. 10 Minutes is not an acceptable response time, and any excuse you might have for not answering a popup is void. Past examples that have not been accepted as valid excuses include "I queued up 7 actions and went to bed", "When I get a popup it's the perfect time to stop playing (without answering it)" and "I started my macro and went to the bathroom".
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 12:00:37 pm by Emperor Twisti » Logged
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 06:08:19 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Additionally, I think this is a good guideline for everybody:

If you don't follow this one, you may happen to get your profile "augmented", to remind you of the importance of proper grammar.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 06:20:03 pm by Matt Siegman » Logged

Rizes Shadow
Best Accent Ever
Centivelian
----------

Ex-Toadwater representative

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:26:55 pm »

Sucks for Bald.

<farmout> <Rize> make a guess retard.
<farmout> yea i am

<Crazyman> I never knew worth was calculated by rank
 <[twisti]> what else did you think it was calculated by?
<Crazyman> XP

<farmboy> no im not good at spekking
<farmboy> spelling

http://www.bash.org/?715722
The Daddy
Centivelian
----------

Now be a good boy!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:12 pm »

As for that pop up answering thing there are times when I do set actions then have to sort out the little uns & then get side tracked. I am pretty sure I have left pop ups unanswered for 30 mins + multiple times already.

I don't get to spend dedicated time on the pc, like for instance at the moment I should be washing up the bottles but nipped on here for 5 mins to try whittle my idol/clog/oar if I would get a pop up on one of those actions I would not answer it for maybe an hour + as I have to go out to my nan's

Therefore there has got to be another solution in my eyes anyhow. I know you will get people saying yeah I do this, do that etc, but this is my stance on it.

Thanks.

J
Twisti
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:20:37 pm »

Those are not my rules, however I do agree with them. If you can't be bothered to take the 5 seconds it takes to answer a popup, then you shouldn't bother to take the 1 second to whittle something.

If you consciously decide not to answer a popup, thats really your own fault, and if someone catches you, you will get a harsh punishment. Answering popups does not take half an hour, and there's no reason why you would have the time to play Toadwater, but not the time to answer a popup.

That being said: this is the only alternative to saying "everyone can afk macro as much as they want". Feel free to point out a better solution. In the meantime, don't let popups sit unanswered.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 11:29:09 pm »

That being said, we're not complete dickheads; however, for optimal not getting screwedness, I recommend expediance in popup answering.

Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 01:55:44 am »

There's always the Escape key if something comes up while playing.  Hit it, watch for a popup during the last action, then leave.
Twisti
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:28 am »

MY GOD MAN YOU CANT ASK PEOPLE TO SPEND THESE 5 SECONDS, THATS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!
The Daddy
Centivelian
----------

Now be a good boy!

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:56 am »

Twisti how about you go fuck yourself. It's that tone you take that really pisses me off. You have such a one sided view on everything. We talked about this on IRC, issue was sorted, yet you continue to drag it on.

You get to play on your own personalised version of the client, should this be allowed as it gives you an advantage over the next person. I am pretty sure when you macro the game you have some alarm function that alerts you as to when a pop up is showing on screen. Therefore in reality you are afk macroing yet you have built in functionality to allow you to beat the system.

Well opinions now?
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 09:40:11 am »

I should put an optional audio alert when TW pops something up. That's actually a really good idea....

The Daddy
Centivelian
----------

Now be a good boy!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 09:43:27 am »

Well the audio sound will help me out as I walk away from the PC Wink

Anyways get to bed you!

Time for work for me  Angry
Twisti
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:08 am »

If you really haven't noticed that my tone is SUPPOSED to piss you off by now, something is wrong with you. And I'm afraid my client does not actually ring a bell when theres a popup, so no, it doesn't help me cheat. My macro rings a bell, but my macro uses the official client, just like everyone else.
Jahoejaba
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 04:35:32 am »

Where's this example picture?

Yes, I am a criminal.
My crime is that of curiosity.
My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
Twisti
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 04:46:29 am »

Odd, it looks like it was removed. I'll upload it again tomorrow.
Pope Manny
Centivelian
----------

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. Followers of the Light

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 08:26:38 pm »

If you really haven't noticed that my tone is SUPPOSED to piss you off by now, something is wrong with you.
Hmmmn, I think I am starting to like this guy.
Ragekai
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 05:34:29 am »

I don't see how 1.5 is blocking transportation to or from noob-worlds....am I missing something?

cakerug
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 05:35:45 am »

There's a noobworld at the bottom right of that diagram. (Compare it to the other ones to see what I mean)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Rules that are not obvious - EVERY TOADWATER PLAYER MUST READ THIS
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group