TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 02:52:45 pm
Home Login Register
News: BoonZee finished fertilizing a field for Alchy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor"  (Read 13104 times)
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 06:08:25 pm »

I have only a small amount of time at the moment, so I will address the largest issue (in my eyes).

It seems that the Toadwaterians who have replied so far in opposition to this movement are in opposition because they don't see removing Twisti from power as achieving anything. It seems as if they require someone to tell them how the next government will work, and they won't change governments until this happens.

I did not want to tell our community how the next government will work, and this is the major source of the doubt that I see. This is simply because... If I told you how the next government will work... If I were to, say, take control of the situation...

Would I not simply be another dictator?

Anyway, the first thing we need to do is elect a temporary committee president to lead (and, well, preside over) the discussions of the specifics of the next government. They will essentially only require moderator powers in the discussion chamber (probably a combination of IRC and forum posts). There are no nominations at this point. The discussion of the specifics of our next government can begin as soon as we have finished this short election.

<Artis_Aci> *screams* Yay!
<[twisti]> you awe the government 12.5m gold
<Artis_Aci> What?
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 06:24:07 pm »

I beg to differ.  Emperor Twisti has been nominated.

The removal of Twisti would do more harm to Toadwater than good.  I am in favor of Twisti remaining in power because of all that he has done for Toadwater.

If you want someone to be President of your committee who has moderator powers in the forum, then you are limited to myself, Matt, or Matt.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 06:29:42 pm »

Twisti is emperor, deal with it. Only way to remove an emperor is by force, or if he willingly receeds his power, and thats not going to happen any time soon. So if you're not going to gather troops to kill him off, LET IT GO

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 07:45:39 pm »

There is no alternative to Twisti. Before, we had 5 presidents who all made promises to be good for the people and all that crap, but then when they got elected, they didn't do anything, they just dissappeared or pretended to do something, but in fact just let time pass away enjoying their title. Funny how one of them is still actively against Twisti, while he didn't do anything himself, and Twisti improved the government system a lot.
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 09:45:48 pm »

I did not want to tell our community how the next government will work, and this is the major source of the doubt that I see. This is simply because... If I told you how the next government will work... If I were to, say, take control of the situation...

Would I not simply be another dictator?
In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power. Using your terms, taking control of the situation would make you a strong leader, not a dictator.

Using democracy to design a new government is naive. And frankly it sounds like "I do not know what I want so let's talk about it and maybe I can get others to do a bunch of work so I don't have to."

But maybe you are skilled at herding cats. Maybe you will find some other idealists who want to spend countless days working on what most Toadwaterians consider a non-issue (history factoid: the US Constitution took nearly four years to draft and ratify, with the Philadelphia Convention itself taking months). Maybe you will convince the community that playing golf in the fog -- i.e. not knowing where the green is but hitting the ball anyway -- is somehow preferrable to the comfort zone we find ourselves in with Emperor Twisti in power. Maybe you will figure out a way to hold the community together after labeling some of the hardest-working, not to mention beloved!, players in the history of Toadwater as enemies who, presumably, have no place in your still undefined utopian government of the future.

I admire your guts. Your wisdom...not so much.

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 09:49:37 pm »

I follow Emperor Twisti because he allows me to have three square meals a day. Thank you, m'lord!
Twisti
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 10:53:49 pm »

Yeah, Dragoon has to live off of food cubes.
Spyderman
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 11:17:13 pm »

I do give the guy credit. He does have some nice grammar...

I do think it's messed up that he got poisoned that he didn't say he loved Twisti, but then I just shrug it off cause Twisti HAS done so much...

<Rockstar> Every once in a while a cock needs to be beat though
<Rockstar> Or they get mean
<Spyderman> Yeah
<Spyderman> but mine's too small, so it wont do anyone any harm
Twisti
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 11:36:22 pm »

Yeah, I'm a bloody saint is what I am.
ChazFox
----------

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 11:59:18 pm »

Well as I'm new to Toadwater I'm not too sure myself about what's what. But as far as I can tell Twisti's done a lot, and this appears to be one isolated incident, so I'd have to side with the Emperor. Smiley
Crazyman
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:49 am »

err, isolated?
ROFL

<Jimithy> Someone spelt a giant anus on the map
<arp> <3 crazy
<Crazyman> Yeah i made that awesomeness
ChazFox
----------

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:01 am »

Alright, so there's probably a few other incidents like this, but I didn't know of those so you can't really blame me Tongue either way it seems like the Emperor has done a lot so I'm sticking to his side. (Also so I don't get beat up by the emperor for not obeying him Wink)
Rizes Shadow
Best Accent Ever
Centivelian
----------

Ex-Toadwater representative

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 10:53:39 am »

Crazyman is referring to the fact that he has been banned from #toadwater numerous times due to blatant stupidity.

<farmout> <Rize> make a guess retard.
<farmout> yea i am

<Crazyman> I never knew worth was calculated by rank
 <[twisti]> what else did you think it was calculated by?
<Crazyman> XP

<farmboy> no im not good at spekking
<farmboy> spelling

http://www.bash.org/?715722
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 07:06:04 pm »

I finally have a bit more time to respond to some of the posts.
Edit - Just scroll down to the end with the new stuff if you don't want to see my replies.
Edit 2 - I seem to be having some trouble with the authors in quotes. Please hold while I fix this.
Edit 3 - I think I fixed it.

Quote from: Benalron
As for you Artis_Aci. Principal arguments are stupid. You could have saved the whole problem from arising by appeasing his claim. Since you personally are a rather stubborn person, think of it this way: If someone asks you to do something like that they probably have some sort of emotional or social problem that makes them demand power. Give them what they want if it doesn't hurt you, and sit there knowing you made someone weaker than you happy.
Principal arguments are stupid? Is that a joke?
Secondly, "appeasing his claim"? See the wikipedia article on appeasement (and feel free to click the link to the World War II article if you don't know what that was): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeasement
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeasement_of_Hitler
The point is that appeasement does hurt me and the Toadwater community. If you give a mouse a cookie and if you give a Hilter a piece of land...
Quote from: DMC Buruguduy
You probably grew up being bullied huh?
Please refrain from making real-life personal attacks.
Quote from: Rizes Shadow
How bored do you have to be to write something as stupid as this thread?
How lazy do you have to be to play Toadwater, visit the forums, and then do and say nothing when someone (who is not a dev and is not a representative of the community) abuses in-game powers he shouldn't even have?
Quote from: Hubert!
Don't put me on twisti's side, because i'm not. I just accept that twisti rules everybody. Simple as that. You can be for him or against him, but it doesn't matter, because he decides what happens no matter what.
The last bit is especially interesting: "he decides what happens no matter what." This is why I wrote this post. This is why I'm taking action. This is why Twisti should be dethroned.
Quote from: Rizes Shadow
I'm on twistis side, because he is the best thing that has happened to Toadwater in a long time.

But still, lke Hubert said, this thread is meaningless. You can have your opinions, but nothing you do will change the current situation.
I forgot that you don't mind Twisti's seizure of the Government; I will quote, once again, the top part of the Government page:
The government has been seized by the following despots:
Emperor Twisti - Emperor
Darth Talon - Member of the Shadow Council
Ispep Teid - Member of the Shadow Council
Myrrdin Emrys - Member of the Shadow Council
Rizes Shadow - Member of the Shadow Council
Spider - Member of the Shadow Council
So let me get this straight:
Twisti is elected president.
Twisti does some nice things.
Twisti becomes dictator (Emperor).
Twisti puts himself and the Shadow Council, including you, in position to act as the state... without elections.
Twisti abuses power, but not against you.

So Twisti is the best thing that happened to Toadwater in a long time because...?
Because he did some nice things (to set himself up for a power position)?
Because he ended democracy?
Because he put you in a non-elected seat of power?
Because he abuses his power?
Please, help me understand your point of view. As of now, you look more like a bribed senator than anything else.

Quote from: Twisti
I'd also like to nominate myself for the new President position. You can never hold too many titles. If you truly are trying to build a new, fair system (which I won't allow, by the way), you can't exclude me from putting my name out to vote.
You... you...
You "won't allow" a "fair system".........
And you dwarves... you... you allow this creature to hold power?!

Quote from: Myrrdin Emrys
I am in favor of Twisti remaining in power because of all that he has done for Toadwater.
Does he need his powers to do all these wonderful things he does?

Quote from: Starsmile
Twisti is emperor, deal with it. Only way to remove an emperor is by force, or if he willingly receeds his power, and thats not going to happen any time soon. So if you're not going to gather troops to kill him off, LET IT GO
It's rather depressing to read posts like this. Really. It's almost as if you didn't read my original post at all. If that's too subtle for you, I'll make it perfectly clear: The last part of the original post (in the first reply) is a section concerning how I shall defeat Twisti, using Rasputin's death as a sort of fun guideline.
That's a cool lolcat, by the way.
Quote from: Matt Delello
I follow Emperor Twisti because he allows me to have three square meals a day. Thank you, m'lord!
... you're fired.
Quote from: Symbyotyc Spyderman
I do give the guy credit. He does have some nice grammar...

I do think it's messed up that he got poisoned that he didn't say he loved Twisti, but then I just shrug it off cause Twisti HAS done so much...
Nice grammar? If you guys would just stop worrying about how something is said and pay attention to what is being said, you would learn and earn so much more.
What exactly did he do? I wonder if you really know or are just picking that up from others who do know. In any event, he doesn't need his powers to help the Toadwater community. That's like saying Stalin and Hitler needed their secret police forces to improve their economies - it's just plain wrong.

Quote from: ChazFox
Alright, so there's probably a few other incidents like this, but I didn't know of those so you can't really blame me  either way it seems like the Emperor has done a lot so I'm sticking to his side. (Also so I don't get beat up by the emperor for not obeying him )
I repeat the second comment (originally directed at Spyder) at ChazFox. You don't know what he did, but you support him anyway. They could be cheering his removal of democracy as a good thing, for all you know.

And you don't want to get beaten up? Neither do I, so let's remove Twisti's power to beat us up.

And now some new content:
I have decided that the idea of an organized committee with an elected leader to reform the government is a silly one.
This is the committee, in a sense.
In any case, I give Toadwater and its administrators two days (today, Friday, and tomorrow, Saturday) to remove Twisti's unnecessary powers (any powers that a normal Toadwaterian doesn't and won't have access to), including, but not limited to:
-his ability to poison
-his ability to teleport
-his administrative position in IRC
And all other powers he would not have if he had not become a political figure.

This is reasonable, is it not?
I am under the impression that poisoning and teleporting powers were given to him to prevent raiders from... raiding (or, more specifically, raiding people who shouldn't be raided yet, like newbs). This is understandable, but now he abuses these powers, doing evil with that with which he was meant to do good. It is the same situation with his administrative position in our IRC.
I don't know what other powers he has, but, essentially, he's a Toadwater moderator/admin who is abusing his powers. What do we do with abusive admins? We report them and remove their power.

It's simple. It's reasonable. It's necessary. Just do it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:12:32 pm by artis aci » Logged

<Artis_Aci> *screams* Yay!
<[twisti]> you awe the government 12.5m gold
<Artis_Aci> What?
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 07:12:41 pm »

It's not necessary at all. He's doing a great job, in fact, a much better job then any president before. Long story short: an election will just install another loser who is guaranteed worse then Twisti. And better a good person with power, then a loser who doesn't do anything.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 07:26:45 pm by Hubert! » Logged
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 07:24:08 pm »

This will only come back to bite you tenfold... there was an impeachment poll less than a month ago, which he won (even if the numbers voted for impeachment was highest, read on impeachments, most will need a higher % than 50% to win it/loose it however you see it) So please cant you wait a month or two?

http://www.toadwater.com/index.php/topic,24805.0.html

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »

In any case, I give Toadwater and its administrators two days (today, Friday, and tomorrow, Saturday) to remove Twisti's unnecessary powers (any powers that a normal Toadwaterian doesn't and won't have access to), including, but not limited to:
-his ability to poison
-his ability to teleport
-his administrative position in IRC
And all other powers he would not have if he had not become a political figure.

WOW! Just WOW!  What Big Brass Balls we have.

And just who do you think is going to remove twisti after you just fired the game owner?

Quote from: Matt Delello
... you're fired.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor"
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group