TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 08:46:50 am
Home Login Register
News: Hel finished fertilizing a field for Alchy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor"  (Read 13103 times)
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »

It's not necessary at all. He's doing a great job, in fact, a much better job then any president before. Long story short: an election will just install another loser who is guaranteed worse then Twisti.

So don't install another loser.

But don't leave the abusive tyrant in place. It's entirely necessary because he's abusive... I thought that was implied.

Quote from: Starsmile
This will only come back to bite you tenfold... there was an impeachment poll less than a month ago, which he won (even if the numbers voted for impeachment was highest, read on impeachments, most will need a higher % than 50% to win it/loose it however you see it) So please cant you wait a month or two?
Once again Starsmile, if you had read my original post, you would know that I myself linked to that same thread.
I am not trying to impeach anyone. There are no government officials to impeach.
There is simply a man named Twisti with administrative powers. He abused those powers, so they should be taken away. Quite simple, no?

Quote from: Myrrdin Emrys
And just who do you think is going to remove twisti after you just fired the game owner?
It was a joke, silly.

<Artis_Aci> *screams* Yay!
<[twisti]> you awe the government 12.5m gold
<Artis_Aci> What?
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 07:29:25 pm »

WOW! Just WOW!  What Big Brass Balls we have.

He... HE MUST BE ZA INTERNET OWNER!!!! fear him

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 07:31:08 pm »

So don't install another loser.

But don't leave the abusive tyrant in place. It's entirely necessary because he's abusive... I thought that was implied.
Once again Starsmile, if you had read my original post, you would know that I myself linked to that same thread.
I am not trying to impeach anyone. There are no government officials to impeach.
There is simply a man named Twisti with administrative powers. He abused those powers, so they should be taken away. Quite simple, no?
It was a joke, silly.

Ah I see your problem. What i'm gonna say is a very big secret, so don't tell anyone: HE DOESNT ABUSE HIS POWERS, HE USES THEM TO FIGHT SCUM LIKE RAIDERS AND GENERALLY IDIOTS.

Your whole crap story is based on the fact that Twisti did something wrong, while  he didn't, at all.
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 07:33:04 pm »

Ah I see your problem. What i'm gonna say is a very big secret, so don't tell anyone: HE DOESNT ABUSE HIS POWERS, HE USES THEM TO FIGHT SCUM LIKE RAIDERS AND GENERALLY IDIOTS.

So... so... I was poisoned for...
for...
for...

<Artis_Aci> What?
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 07:35:11 pm »

For not acknowledging his power if I remember correctly. Which is a really dumb thing to do, considering he just won the impeachment poll, and was accepted as emperor by the people of toadwater.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »

It was a joke, silly.

Pardon me for leaving out my [sarcasm] tags.  I realize you are it was a joke, silly.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 07:43:42 pm »

For not acknowledging his power if I remember correctly. Which is a really dumb thing to do, considering he just won the impeachment poll, and was accepted as emperor by the people of toadwater.

Okay let's think about that. (I already have, so guess what I'm implying.)

Firstly, you can't impeach an emperor. It's like trying to impeach a king - they either abdicate or you dethrone them.

Secondly, the fact that more people voted against Twisti means that the majority of active Toadwaterians don't want him as their emperor. So... "accepted as emperor by the people of toadwater"? It sounds more like a bunch of political hocus-pocus; most people don't like a political figure but he stays in office anyway? Okay, it happens. But when he abuses his powers, you remove him.

Lastly, you think that it is not abuse for me to be poisoned because I say:
I feared the death of our "beloved" emperor.
This is madness.

<Artis_Aci> What?
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 07:45:34 pm »

I bet most active toadies didnt even care to vote Kiss

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

ChazFox
----------

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 07:50:57 pm »

This is madness.

Must resist urge to comeback with 300-ish quote...

Screw it.

THIS! IS! TOADWATER!  Grin

With that out of the way, I believe that it was your contemptuous acting towards the emperor, a Toadwater God by the way, that got you poisoned. It's just like calling another member a name, only a bit more serious. Asshole or not, Twisti's the emperor. Dragoon supports that and he's the creator of the game.

That's as far as I can read into the situation anyway. I should probably ask someone else to fill me in on anything else Twisti's done that I might need to know about before giving my final opinion on the situation.
DMC Buruguduy
Centivelian
----------

I fight for toadwater

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 07:55:56 pm »

Man, artis is pwning twisti's supporters single-handedly.  Cool Cool.

(337-33-2) 2:63:27 DMC Buruguduy chopped down a Grade 100 Fence
Agent Smith
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 07:56:58 pm »

Quote from: ChazFox

With that out of the way, I believe that it was your contemptuous acting towards the emperor, a Toadwater God by the way, that got you poisoned. It's just like calling another member a name, only a bit more serious. Asshole or not, Twisti's the emperor. Dragoon supports that and he's the creator of the game.

That's as far as I can read into the situation anyway. I should probably ask someone else to fill me in on anything else Twisti's done that I might need to know about before giving my final opinion on the situation.

The devs support Twisti because they think their community supports him. By rebelling against Twisti, we openly declare that we do not support him.

Would you want to say "I love you Twisti!" just so you could be treated fairly? Of course not. Please stop supporting Twisti just because you see others supporting him.

<Artis_Aci> What?
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 07:57:22 pm »

haha, Burugud... I must admit, I dont feel verry much 'pwned' Undecided

(\__/)
(O.o )

Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 07:59:40 pm »

The devs support Twisti because they think their community supports him. By rebelling against Twisti, we openly declare that we do not support him.

Would you want to say "I love you Twisti!" just so you could be treated fairly? Of course not. Please stop supporting Twisti just because you see others supporting him.

Please, get over yourself allready

(\__/)
(O.o )

Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 08:01:24 pm »

Okay let's think about that. (I already have, so guess what I'm implying.)

Firstly, you can't impeach an emperor. It's like trying to impeach a king - they either abdicate or you dethrone them.

Secondly, the fact that more people voted against Twisti means that the majority of active Toadwaterians don't want him as their emperor. So... "accepted as emperor by the people of toadwater"? It sounds more like a bunch of political hocus-pocus; most people don't like a political figure but he stays in office anyway? Okay, it happens. But when he abuses his powers, you remove him.

Lastly, you think that it is not abuse for me to be poisoned because I say:This is madness.

You say it is political hocus-pocus, but you think he wouldn't have been impeached because his title says "emperor" instead of president? I'll call the dictionary people to put that in as an example of hypocrisy
ChazFox
----------

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 08:01:59 pm »

Would you want to say "I love you Twisti!" just so you could be treated fairly? Of course not.

Well I haven't referred to Twisti's position in sarcasm quotes during my time here so I have no reason to be treated unfairly.
DMC Buruguduy
Centivelian
----------

I fight for toadwater

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 08:03:23 pm »

haha, Burugud... I must admit, I dont feel verry much 'pwned' Undecided

For one thing you say...

"Twisti is emperor, deal with it. Only way to remove an emperor is by force, or if he willingly receeds his power, and thats not going to happen any time soon. So if you're not going to gather troops to kill him off, LET IT GO"

And then you say

This will only come back to bite you tenfold... there was an impeachment poll less "than a month ago, which he won (even if the numbers voted for impeachment was highest, read on impeachments, most will need a higher % than 50% to win it/loose it however you see it) So please cant you wait a month or two?"

:/

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... It's fun/nice seeing artis kicking twisti supporters' asses left and right  Cheesy

(337-33-2) 2:63:27 DMC Buruguduy chopped down a Grade 100 Fence
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 08:06:24 pm »

So what burud? you dispute that there was an impeachment poll? I dont get it

(\__/)
(O.o )

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: On Our "Beloved Emperor"
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group