TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 08:27:26 pm
Home Login Register
News: Sir Ispep Teid finished building a Grade 31 Fence for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Creating New User in Windows XP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Creating New User in Windows XP  (Read 669 times)
Zerbak
Centivelian
----------

« on: December 10, 2007, 11:25:17 pm »

I have a question and it does require support of the general nature, so here goes...
I am creating a new user in windows xp for login to try some debugging to get the new TW account to work for my girlfriend.  I know where to go, but i dont know what to enter for the domain when prompted, it asks for username and domain... what domain should i give it? 
i know this doesnt directly deal with TW but it does indirectly in that i'm only doing this to get my girl's account to work, thanks
Zerbak

Rank 159   Worth: 6.66
(337-34-7) 4:51:00 WOW!!! Zerbak found some Flaming Fungus!!! CONGRATULATIONS! (Total Found: 5)
(338-01-4) 0:74:24 Zerbak whittled a Bunya-Bunya Pine Idol (Odds: 3.48%) (Thirst: 30.49) (0.2) 6351 xp
(338-01-4) 0:73:84 Zerbak whittled a Bunya-Bunya Pine Idol (Odds: 3.48%)
Twisti
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:30:16 am »

You don't need a domain, and making a new user will have absolutely 100% certainly zero effect on TW. Whatever is wrong, making a new account will definitely not fix it.
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:00:10 am »

where does it ask you for a domain?

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
.Luaan.
Centivelian
----------

Welcome to the world of tommmorrrow!

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:12:15 am »

If it asks you for a domain, it means that your computer is part of a domain (as opposed to a workgroup). When you want to get new user on domain, you have to do it on the domain server AFAIK, unless you don't make the user member of the domain (and don't ask me how to do that Smiley ).

Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Creating New User in Windows XP
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group