TOADWATER IS ACTUALLY DEAD :-(
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 02:22:17 am
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon found a Fennel Herb while doing some Alchemy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: PLANNED RAID: Diomedes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PLANNED RAID: Diomedes  (Read 5814 times)
Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:49 pm »

Just testing the waters of this new system.  Diomedes will be fully aware of my actions even if he doesn't check the forum.
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:57:17 pm »

noted.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
jonmactinger
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:14:21 am »

can I help?

Please I really want to raid him   Wink
Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:55 am »

I'd imagine if you helped without creating your own thread, you'd be punishable for an unconstitutional offense, and since a punishment for unplanned raiding isn't listed specifically, you would essentially be at the mercy of the Viceroys.
Sage Akrian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:46:16 am »

i think there should be some changes in this system, now you can raid him, but he cannot raid you back, or am i wrong

4:50:29 pm   Sage Akrian failed to construct some Grade 31 Fencing Materials (Odds: 99.98%)
Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:50:48 am »

He can announce one, but he'll have to wait a week.  He'll also have time to ready repairs and BVs.

I agree that there are flaws, but that's one of the reasons I'm doing this.  It's purely for testing purposes Wink.
OldSpider
Worth Appreciating
Centivelian
----------

TW Arachnid

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:51:53 am »

i think there should be some changes in this system, now you can raid him, but he cannot raid you back, or am i wrong

Hardly.  Anyone in the game can raid anyone else at any time, the constitution does not actually disallow raiding.

However, the government has certain powers which could be used to stop raiders, should the viceroys choose to.

The rules regarding raiding are simply that if you declare your intentions with a weeks notice, then the viceroys are not allowed to interfere.  This does not mean you have to announce a raid.  This does not mean the viceroys will do anything if someone is raiding unannounced.

I would hope that our current viceroys would allow a retaliation raid without interfering, but there is of course no guarantee of that.

Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 08:42:35 am »

Very well said, Spider.

Announcing your raid is a way of granting yourself immunity from the Viceroys, should they decide to interfere, as well as obviously giving the 'victim' a chance to prepare: fixing any holes in the fence, readying BVs and Fence Repairs, or getting the extra funds to purchase a Ceasefire Edict the day of the planned raid.
Sage Akrian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 09:16:31 am »

Very well said, Spider.

Announcing your raid is a way of granting yourself immunity from the Viceroys, should they decide to interfere, as well as obviously giving the 'victim' a chance to prepare: fixing any holes in the fence, readying BVs and Fence Repairs, or getting the extra funds to purchase a Ceasefire Edict the day of the planned raid.

I thought that you can raid him for 2 months and viceroys cant do you, or am i wrong. I'm just saying that victim should be allowed to fight back(right now after a week if Ajira2k will chop on Diomedes fences Viceroy wont do anything, but if Diomedes will chop Ajira2k fences, he probably will be poisoned and send to SWI). I would start that constitution change thing, but im too lazy and not good enough in english to wrote it propetly)

4:50:29 pm   Sage Akrian failed to construct some Grade 31 Fencing Materials (Odds: 99.98%)
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 02:15:39 am »

I'm pretty sure retaliation is in the constitution as ok w/in a week or something, can't remember for sure though

Ajira2k
Centivelian
----------

Ex-communicado

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 04:07:40 am »

You'd think so, but...

§13 - If any player announces their intent to raid another player for whatever reasons by making a post in the tavern titled "PLANNED RAID: Targetname" 7 (seven) days ahead of his raid, the Government is not allowed to intervene as long as the player does not harm a different player. Only one raid may be planned by any one person in that way at any time, to avoid people simply spamming dozens of names. This expires after two months.

This paragraph is the only one concerning raiding, specifically.
Ghost
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:16:09 am »

I wish you victorious Ajira2k!!!     

An old Friend Ghost ...

Hello world, I didn't see you there!!!
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 03:12:16 pm »

I see a flaw with this policy at least as far as people that share bases.  If you are raiding someone that shares a base with others does that mean you can raid all of them?  How do you know what belongs to the guy you are raiding and the person that lives in their base?
i)ght
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 03:28:54 pm »

Well I think the planned raid would give you permission to chop at the named person's fence. Once you break through that persons fence I think it would be considered looting the rest of the players because there is now a hole in their fencing.

10:32:15 pm    i)ght washed 8 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0%)
Farmboy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 03:36:06 pm »

what about people who have found a better way round the only 1 raid at a time by putting more than 1 persons fences round there base.
eg.   say this is a fence (=)

BASE
=====mules fence
=====mules fence
=====mules fence
---
=====farmboys fence
=====farmboys fence
=====farmboys fence

you can only raid 1 person at a time

<@[twisti]> youre becoming like a mini-me
<@[twisti]> ill tell you how proud of you i am

<@[twisti]> i cant believe you let farmboy outsmart you
<@Rize> no I didn't.
<@[twisti]> yes you did
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 03:41:01 pm »

you can only raid 1 person at a time
in a PLANNED raid.

You can raid whomever you want whenever you want. The Constitution simply states that if announced properly, the gov't is not allowed to intervene on a raid against a single, particular target.

* clatra starts erecting multiple layers with mules...

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Twisti
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 04:15:11 pm »

As long as I am Viceroy, I will treat the rules in the spirit of their creation. The rules do not say "You are only allowed to hit the fences of a single character", they say "one person". Whether that person has ten different layers of fencing from ten different mules, or just his own fencing, or asks over a friend to help him put up some of his fencing, none of that matters. You are still only raiding one person. I'm not going to poison someone because someone else used a mule to put up fencing, and I doubt Myrrdin would. No clue about Zim.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: PLANNED RAID: Diomedes
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group