TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2019, 11:33:43 pm
Home Login Register
News: Mopsi whittled a Grade 34 Plank   (Odds: 100%)  (Thirst: 11.50)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands  (Read 3600 times)
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« on: February 13, 2008, 09:21:30 pm »

Let's hear some theories or rumors about what the fix is going to be...

Ready! Set! Go!
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:21 am »

I'm getting an image...of a dwarf with wings.  It's hard to make out...awfully cloudy.

If you give a mouse a cookie....

Yancy finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 11454 Raw Fibers, 2727 Seeds)
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:27:48 am »

A dwarf will place a postage stamp on himself and dance on a sack of coal.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Twisti
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:01:35 am »

As you all know, I always get to test the new stuff and have a lot of insider knowledge. Sadly, I can't tell you what's going to happen, but if I could tell you, I would probably mention railroads. Not that I ever would, of course.
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:56:19 am »

Well, my island has run out of pigeons and is no longer useful for me to get around.  Any ETA on a fix for the birds or a suitable replacement?

There is little benefit in keeping the island for me if nothing is done.

lilojo
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 05:47:12 am »

I think we need hot air balloons.  Made from Imperial cloth, rope, and barrels.  Maybe a new bird could provide the hot air, or we could use more vocal forum posters for that. Wink
Twisti
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:53:36 am »

As your best and most popular Viceroy, I vow to produce enough hot air for every single member !
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 02:23:37 pm »

This is a very high priority issue for me still.   My island is broken and this needs to be fixed soon.  I'll be cancelling 2 subscriptions at the end of this week if there is no word on a fix.  I can't understand why this has gone on so long.

Angry,
Zeb
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:38 pm »

What is astonishing to me is that TW is, presumably, making more money than ever and yet auctions and hitched island pigeons, both features that affect members only, are still borked.

I say bring back these features, bugs and all, and ban any exploiters. Fix the exploits and/or replace the features with better features *after* the better features are ingame and working as intended.

I am probably way oversimplifying the issues but when long time members have gotten used to features over the years, and made major base design choices around them like I have, then the features disappear without much reason/explanation I become anxious about not being able to defend my base effectively. Anxiety on the order of BVs suddenly not working because they will be replaced with something else in upcoming weeks/months when the admins get around to it.

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
lilojo
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 08:24:50 pm »

Yeah for hangliders.  Also, mine was the best guess. Grin
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:43:57 pm »

I'm getting an image...of a dwarf with wings.  It's hard to make out...awfully cloudy.

I think mine was better.  I actually knew it was Hangliders, but didn't want to give it away.  Also you owe me 24500 strawberries, lilojo.

And, I think it sucks that you must subscribe in order to hanglide.  PP's are still no good on islands?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:47:08 pm by Yancy » Logged

Yancy finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 11454 Raw Fibers, 2727 Seeds)
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:59:40 pm »

We were not given enough coins to get a hanglider and even a single landing station  We should at least start with our current coins plus enough to get one station to set up no??

Zeb
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:16 pm »

We were not given enough coins to get a hanglider and even a single landing station  We should at least start with our current coins plus enough to get one station to set up no??

Zeb

Are you a subscriber?

The release of Hangliders™ has given CURRENT subscribers a good boost of coins..

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 09:37:35 pm »

yes.

I got 275 coins added to my total from what I can tell which gives me enough to buy the launcher but not a landing pad.

Twisti
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:10 pm »

You can trade for coins, don't need a subscription.

Also, put things into perspective - a month or two from now, you'll have plenty of landing stations that will never be used up. Don't expect to get EVERYTHING at once.
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:31 pm »

Don't expect to get EVERYTHING at once.

Of course not, though when you lose EVERYTHING at once...well, it's such a bother to have no way to get back to my base in the case of death.  Also, a trade for coins can run pretty expensive.

It sounds like a neat system, but birds should be allowed until non-subscribers have a chance to catch up.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 10:21:40 pm by Yancy » Logged

Twisti
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »

Birds still are allowed. You didn't use everything at once. You just can't dock NEW birds. All the old docked ones still work fine. Now stop bitching, you little girl.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group