TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2019, 01:14:35 am
Home Login Register
News: Oompa chopped down a European Lime tree for Mopsi, getting 2 pieces of wood and 4 Seeds (Max Yield: 8.15%) (Starting Odds: 39.98%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands  (Read 3595 times)
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 10:42:44 pm »

Well I guess this leaves more room on my island...I can take down all my Ponderosa.

If you give a mouse a cookie....

Yancy finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 11454 Raw Fibers, 2727 Seeds)
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:45 pm »

Hypothetically speaking.  Suppose you use a landing pad to teleport to your island, and then someone picks up your landing pad.  You don't have a bird gate to port back to so would you be stuck on your island assuming you have no more landing pads?

Also, has anyone tried to find out what happens if you try to port to a landing pad that has been picked up or is that just not an option.
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 10:59:18 pm »

Hypothetically speaking.  Suppose you use a landing pad to teleport to your island, and then someone picks up your landing pad.  You don't have a bird gate to port back to so would you be stuck on your island assuming you have no more landing pads?

Also, has anyone tried to find out what happens if you try to port to a landing pad that has been picked up or is that just not an option.

Ok i did some testing, and you WILL be stuck on your island if this happens Smiley

Also in the process of testing this i destroyed some grass on my island when using my island hawk on it without having a portal to return to.

(always keep a safe landing pad somewhere)
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 11:03:13 pm »

After stealing all of snowbird's coins and testing this out.  I just want to say, thanks Dragoon, this looks like a very nice addition.

Zeb
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 11:07:58 pm »

Just a word of warning to all, you can destroy anything on your island if you forget that you don't have an island hawk portal out and use your island hawk while standing on something. 

Including hordes, trees, salad bowls etc Sad
Twisti
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 11:13:10 pm »

That's always been the case if you loop your hawk.
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 11:14:10 pm »

I wasn't aware that there was a way to be on your island without having a corresponding portal any other way.

Twisti
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 11:15:45 pm »

Happens after some server crashes.
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 12:25:33 am »

Of course not, though when you lose EVERYTHING at once...well, it's such a bother to have no way to get back to my base in the case of death.  Also, a trade for coins can run pretty expensive.

It sounds like a neat system, but birds should be allowed until non-subscribers have a chance to catch up.

You can always use an island hawk...

Twisti
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 12:42:28 am »

Yes, you can use an island hawk to go back to your island. Then you are on your island. You can use the hawk again, then you are back in the noob world. Island, noob world, island, noob world, back and forth. That's not going to get you to your base however, no matter how often you do it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Wild speculation about "fix" for passenger pigeons on islands
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group