TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 08:17:17 pm
Home Login Register
News: Dieck chopped down a Western Hemlock tree for Purple Haze, getting 24 pieces of wood and 2 Seeds (Max Yield: 0.1%) (Starting Odds: 149.68%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: two conflicting edicts? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: two conflicting edicts?  (Read 5619 times)
Twisti
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:04 pm »

The thing is, if you have different edicts on different days, you can STILL work as much as you want on whatever skill you want. In my example from above, people who don't like to ret at all can still ret on both days, and get the full edict effect. They in no way suffer from having the edicts on two different days. But that way, it will be their CHOICE not to participate in the farming edict.
Greenhouse
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 09:26:10 pm »

It's in the Constitution, and it's bad because it leaves the average player, who does a bit of everything, out of one edict. Essentially, right now, you have to chose either to farm or to ret. Whichever you chose, it means you basically lose the other edict.

this doesn't seem that bad...

because no one had prior notice to this edict, you can set workers to fertilizing while you ret.
When the fields are far enough along, plant - ret some more, plant the rest, and ret/harvest till done.

Now if there was prior notice to the edict, I would agree two differing edicts would be a poor idea.

(\__/)
( 0.0 )
( > < )o
 ~   ~
Twisti
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 09:30:05 pm »

Some people actually have the common sense to be prepared for surprise edicts ;)
DMC chii
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 03:21:17 am »

Surprise edicts has already happened before. I'd be more surprised if no one has learned to be prepared for another.  Wink

DMC Store: Catering to your Every TW Need

In need of items but not willing to trade other TW items for it? Let us serve you! Check this post at the Shady Tree. Smiley

DMC chii sold 52640 Beggar's Seed Bag for 2021376000 gold pieces
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 04:17:35 am »

you guys are taking this game wayyyyyy too seriously.  Your assumption that a player will be too confused and frustrated to choose an edict to use is terribly presuming.

If 2 edicts are run that don't exactly match, so what?  Just play the game and stop worring about whether the poor players are victims of their own inability to make decisions.  I am sure that life will go on and the players will find a way to cope without being totalitarian about the choices being offered.

Have fun PLAYING the game all!

Pep
cakerug
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:49 am »

Two edicts on a day don't give you a choice of what you want, it forces you to chose to throw something away.
So what? Everyone has to throw one edict away. It's not like it's unfair to one specific person.

The only problem I see in conflicting edicts is the fact that gold is being wasted (But hey, the ones running right now are personally paid for). Two 24 hour edicts ran on two different days would equal 48 playing hours with one bonus. Two 24 hour edicts ran at the same time would be 24 hours of playing with one bonus (that a player can work with at a time), effectively really equivalent to one edict. Paying the price of two edicts for one.

I suppose the person buying the second edict would have a slight advantage by knowing ahead of time which edict he's choosing and knowingly donating anyway to force others to choose.

This conflicting edicts thing isn't even an issue since it's already been said that it won't happen again and it's in the Constitution. (A CCR can be made if someone feels strongly about it).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:17:07 am by cakerug » Logged
hempgrowerdan
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:07 am »

Sounds like a good place for a popup.

WARNING! - Game experience may change during online play.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 05:57:38 am »

Sounds like a good place for a popup.
Now if only we could set up popups when people are about to do something stupid  Grin

macroing is cool

[00:30:00] <+EmperorWu> don't finish
[00:30:02] <+EmperorWu> I'm in.

[00:24:20] <Travis> I wasn't smart enough to back it up.
Twisti
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 12:36:30 pm »

you guys are taking this game wayyyyyy too seriously.  Your assumption that a player will be too confused and frustrated to choose an edict to use is terribly presuming.

If 2 edicts are run that don't exactly match, so what?  Just play the game and stop worring about whether the poor players are victims of their own inability to make decisions.  I am sure that life will go on and the players will find a way to cope without being totalitarian about the choices being offered.

Look, if you don't understand an argument or a discussion, just don't post something stupid and read it again until you understand it or something. Nobody is arguing about being too confused, frustrated or undecided to make a decision. In fact, nobody brought even up a point like this at all.
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 12:43:25 am »

My post stands...  and my quote of "So what?"

When I read a couple of posts is sounded like it was being said that players have to waste one edict to take advantage of the other  .....  "So what?" 

It also made it sound like players should not have choices and should concentrate on only one edict at a time.... "So what?"

And you don't like the comments I make....  guess what my answer is to that as well.....? Grin

Sometimes I feel like no one can make a point except whoever agrees with Twisti.  And the answer to my comment from you, twisti, should be   "So what?"   Tongue
Twisti
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 01:02:34 am »

Then lets just delete the game and move on. So what?
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 01:16:35 am »

Grin
L.E.O.
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 01:17:06 am »

Sometimes I feel like no one can make a point except whoever agrees with Twisti.

That's not entirely true. You have made a very succinct point right there.

Then lets just delete the game and move on. So what?

. . . and that fully supports it.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 01:28:33 am »

As much as I hate to say it, Twisti does have a knack for being correct in the long run. What people need and what people want can be two very separate things, and Twisti's good at seeing what people need.

macroing is cool

Twisti
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 01:33:10 am »

I'm good at everything.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 01:36:26 am »

He's humble, too  Cheesy

macroing is cool

Twisti
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 01:41:16 am »

* Viceroy Twisti is the most humble person in the entire world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: two conflicting edicts?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group