TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 01:27:53 pm
Home Login Register
News: Dieck chopped down a Western Hemlock tree for Purple Haze, getting 19 pieces of wood and 4 Seeds (Max Yield: 0.1%) (Starting Odds: 149.58%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Help...yes i went thru previous topics. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Client Help...yes i went thru previous topics.  (Read 2607 times)
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« on: June 15, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »

For the last month I have been trying to login to the client using this account and a new account i made just for testing (new account will be deleted when finished) my problem, and everytime i uninstall, delete game folder and reinstall game and open it, it gives me the login popup and i login and then nothing. blank map,, hoard and everything else. yet my account is still active and even had it reactivated, my new account IS activated and still nothing. I am setup thru a router but this rig is setup as default DMZ with all open and firewall wide open( I kno, Im stupid for doing it but im trying everything).  what else should I try? the last time i successfully logged in and played was the last client that was out. any and all help will be appreciated.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »

For the last month I have been trying to login to the client using this account and a new account i made just for testing (new account will be deleted when finished) my problem, and everytime i uninstall, delete game folder and reinstall game and open it, it gives me the login popup and i login and then nothing. blank map,, hoard and everything else. yet my account is still active and even had it reactivated, my new account IS activated and still nothing. I am setup thru a router but this rig is setup as default DMZ with all open and firewall wide open( I kno, Im stupid for doing it but im trying everything).  what else should I try? the last time i successfully logged in and played was the last client that was out. any and all help will be appreciated.

After you login, does it give you a popup telling you to change your password? Try that.
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:05:57 pm »

tried it thats why i had to reactivate. did that this morning. Drag, bro , help a man out. status bar shows no errors, just TWC. my name isnt present.  could it be possible i need to change the server info?
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:09:05 pm »

What is under your server page in the options?
Twisti
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »

Do you have to use special proxy settings ? If so, the client takes its info from the settings of Internet Explorer. Make sure those are correct, if maybe you usually only use Firefox or so.
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 06:14:20 pm »

Dragoon: www.toadwater.com      serv.php
twisti: no proxies, everything in IE is default and/or open no bindings, proxies, bridgings.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 06:17:46 pm »

I logged into your account just fine, however it told me to change my password which it claims you have not done yet.

Additionally, I signed onto your other account which worked fine as well.

There is something blocking on your end that we cannot troubleshoot readily.

Is there another computer you can try from?
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 06:23:04 pm »

not at the moment, ill keep looking. thanxs for the help. ill doublecheck all my settings again.
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »

Try logging in with an administrator account if you aren't doing so already. That seems to cause weird problems  Undecided

macroing is cool

[00:30:00] <+EmperorWu> don't finish
[00:30:02] <+EmperorWu> I'm in.

[00:24:20] <Travis> I wasn't smart enough to back it up.
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:28:43 am »

it is admin account. just realized something, bout 2 months ago i went and upgraded IE to v7, needless to say i was one of the few that HAD to downgrade back to v6 since v7 rendered my computer unable to even connect to my router.  it was very strange. maybe it has something to do with this.  BTW, incase i need to implement forwarding, what ports r used?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:08:41 am by alpha010 » Logged
Matt Siegman
über programmer
Apprentice
----------

C++ ftw!

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:42:14 pm »

.... it runs over http... you don't have to forward any....

alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:52:55 am »

well then im betting its tied to the prob i had with ie 7....... ms is teh suk
Freebyrd
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:02:29 pm »

sounds like someone needs to reinstall windows Smiley

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:55 pm »

i was hoping no one would say that.
Twisti
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:27 pm »

I really like your avatar. You can be my friend if you want to.
spheric
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »

This is almost certainly IE related, before binning the entire windows installation, have a go at browsing to toadwater.com in IE, check that it works, and then have a poke around the connection settings for anything that looks duff.
alpha010
Apprentice
----------

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 09:02:39 pm »

thanx spheric, ill look again but everything seems kosher there, maybe i'll hookup firefox, aol explorer, and or netscape just for giggles.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Help...yes i went thru previous topics.
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group