TOADWATER IS ACTUALLY DEAD :-(
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2022, 06:33:46 pm
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon found a Red Boot Fungus! (Total Found: 4202)  503 / 1152

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Tree Lord Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think tree lords should have to keep their idols happy by sacraficing once in a while?
Yes   -32 (71.1%)
No   -12 (26.7%)
Maybe   -0 (0%)
Nadar   -1 (2.2%)
Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Tree Lord Discussions  (Read 25070 times)
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« on: September 16, 2008, 04:05:13 am »

One of the common complaints I get every six to seventeen months is that certain tree lords are being used by higher level players they are not active. In which I mean that the tree lord, though inactive, is hard to pass despite no competition in a race to sacrifice seeds, but purely on his substantial bonus from time.

This new change would NOT cap the time bonus, but however, require the tree lord to make a sacrafice once in a while of more seeds to the idol to keep it happy.  Basically if a tree lord has not fed his idol (1 seed) in a certain amount of time, he is considered 'inactive', and the treelord goes to the highest power count of those which have fed the idol recently.

Direction for Florida voters:
If you feel this is a good idea, please vote 'YES'. This 'YES' vote symbolizes that you DO think this is a good idea.
If you feel this is NOT a good idea, please vote 'NO'. The 'NO' vote symbolizes that you do NOT think this is a good idea.
If you are bad at formulating opinions, please vote Maybe, and if you don't have an opinion, please vote 'Nader' so your vote is not as useless as an American in a Senate election.

Please sacrifice to trees you are currently Tree Lord for this to not affect you when this is implemented. If approved it will take effect in a few days.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 05:21:21 am by Dragoon » Logged
Pendelhaven
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 04:49:48 am »

so what happens when that player comes back? does all he have to do is sac some seeds to reobtain his treelordship?

Let the world hear these words once more "Save us o lord from the wrath of the norsemen "
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 04:52:06 am »

so what happens when that player comes back? does all he have to do is sac some seeds to reobtain his treelordship?

Right. In the next tree update, he would be included and have the most power (Assuming he wasn't passed)
Greenhouse
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:02:06 am »

...In which I mean that the tree lord, though inactive, is hard to pass despite no competition in a race to sacrifice seeds, but purely on his substantial bonus from time.

This new change would NOT cap the time bonus, but however, require the tree lord to make a sacrafice once in a while of more seeds to the idol to keep it happy.  Basically if a tree lord has not fed his idol (1 seed) in a certain amount of time, he is considered 'inactive', and the treelord goes to the highest power count of those which have fed the idol recently.

as the time bonus is being excluded, this seems to be a good first step
  (poke, poke, poke... would prefer a cap on the time bonus, but future adjustments are always possible to focus lordship more on effort, over the passive elements of time or tree age)

(\__/)
( 0.0 )
( > < )o
 ~   ~
minerva
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:41:23 pm »

how long is considered to be inactive?

quit being tiresome.
prask
Centivelian
----------

I'm a more of an oblate spheroid.

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:52:25 pm »

It is probably obvious, but you will have at most (64 - inactive players with TL status - ((players with multiple TL * number of TL held) - 1)) votes against.

Its official. Cheesy

Prask's ideas are good, and make sense.

prask knows what he's talking about.
Twisti
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:05 pm »

As usual, prask thinks that everyone is as selfish as him. I don't care about this change for myself because for all the TLs I care for I have millions of seeds, so this change won't affect me at all. I still think it's a bad idea.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:12:20 pm »

It is probably obvious, but you will have at most (64 - inactive players with TL status - ((players with multiple TL * number of TL held) - 1)) votes against.

Good thing inactive players don't vote that much.
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 03:13:20 pm »

As usual, prask thinks that everyone is as selfish as him. I don't care about this change for myself because for all the TLs I care for I have millions of seeds, so this change won't affect me at all. I still think it's a bad idea.

I don't understand why it would be a bad idea. If you have a tree lord, you only have to donate one seed every once in a while to keep your tree lord. (So I don't see why it's worth mentioning that you have millions of seeds; if you have a significant lead right now, you could keep it with or without 'millions' of seeds)

Meanwhile, people lower who need the tree lord can use it until you want it back.
Princess Cassie
Toadwater God
----------

Linda Kiraly

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 03:38:31 pm »

yea, I have 2 tl's and I only use one of them, and usually only during edicts (I have 65k grade 60 planks, those will last me a while).  I don't really care if other people have them while I'm not using them.  Only problem is in planning for edicts, some people who have a temp tl might plan for the edict assuming they'll have it for it but then the person with the real tl comes out of hiding and takes it for the day.  Perhaps you should still show the most powerful idol power thingy in addition to the current tl.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:47:39 pm by Viceroy Crowbarman » Logged

If you immediately know the loot is crap, then the mob was killed long ago

Viceroy Crowbarella sold 958300 Imperial Milking Gloves for 119787500000 gold pieces

pass it on
Twisti
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 03:53:02 pm »

I don't understand why it would be a bad idea. If you have a tree lord, you only have to donate one seed every once in a while to keep your tree lord. (So I don't see why it's worth mentioning that you have millions of seeds; if you have a significant lead right now, you could keep it with or without 'millions' of seeds)

Meanwhile, people lower who need the tree lord can use it until you want it back.

I mentioned my million seeds to make clear that I would have no trouble keeping all my treelords (if I even cared to).

I think it's a bad idea because it doesn't solve the real problem. Douchebags can still hold their TLs of trees they aren't using, and low level treelords will still not go to noobs. The only situation where this change will help is if a TL is held by an inactive, in which case they could have just gone and chopped that persons idol.
David B. Adams
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 06:24:57 pm »

If this goes live will there be some way to tell if your idol is getting unhappy?
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:21:09 pm »

I mentioned my million seeds to make clear that I would have no trouble keeping all my treelords (if I even cared to).

I think it's a bad idea because it doesn't solve the real problem. Douchebags can still hold their TLs of trees they aren't using, and low level treelords will still not go to noobs. The only situation where this change will help is if a TL is held by an inactive, in which case they could have just gone and chopped that persons idol.

You said yourself on irc that you laugh at anyone who can't pass an inactive.  If someone is hogging a tl, stealing it back for edicts, sacing a single seed when necessary, etc. there is nothing stopping you from growing lots of trees and taking most powerful idol (for that tree type).  I think this is a great idea, we will be seeing a lot more activity involving tl's.

Also, some idols are being watched over by high ranked players, making it very difficult to locate and destroy.

If you give a mouse a cookie....

Yancy finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 11454 Raw Fibers, 2727 Seeds)
Zim Foamy Fan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:25 pm »

How about we base happiness on karma? Mr Elf

macroing is cool

[00:30:00] <+EmperorWu> don't finish
[00:30:02] <+EmperorWu> I'm in.

[00:24:20] <Travis> I wasn't smart enough to back it up.
Twisti
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:06 pm »

You said yourself on irc that you laugh at anyone who can't pass an inactive.  If someone is hogging a tl, stealing it back for edicts, sacing a single seed when necessary, etc. there is nothing stopping you from growing lots of trees and taking most powerful idol (for that tree type).  I think this is a great idea, we will be seeing a lot more activity involving tl's.

Again, not everyone is purely selfish. While I laugh at anyone who can't get a TL they want without help, that doesn't mean I think they shouldn't be helped.

And I'm not sure how someone growing lots of trees and taking the TL in any way relates to this change. At all.
DT Daddy
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:21 pm »

Why not just make it so a TL has to has to be a subscriber & has to still maintain the 1 seed every x amount to refresh it Smiley

More moola for you Wink
Lemonade
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 11:54:27 pm »

I agree on everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Tree Lord Discussions
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group