TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2020, 11:34:18 am
Home Login Register
News: MWI failed to weave a Maso Bamboo Milking Gloves  (Odds: 53.3%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Island hawk is tired! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Island hawk is tired!  (Read 5880 times)
Twisti
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:58 pm »

The cap of 500 is for job speed.
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 09:19:16 pm »

Recently Ispep and I discovered that the speed cap is probably not working as it did when Qill was around. Of course similar personal workers continue to outpace similar hired workers speed-wise -- my theory is that the old speed cap only applies to hired workers.

I am still not sure if there is a speed cap for personal workers (no player is able to test above 1000 management but it appears that the speed of farming jobs is faster when management is over 900 compared with management in the 800-899 range).

A related surprise is that the old "construction is better than forestry is better than farming" for management xp gain has been called into question under certain conditions. Testing continues...

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »

Wait time 90
Total uses today 42
Use 42 was hawking from SWI to my island, taking several steps and accessing several hoards, using my duck to go back to the mainland, hawking back to SWI (my stargate), mining a couple times, trading crystal toads to Rami, mining a couple more times, eating a ripe tomato, walking for about 30 seconds, then I attempted use 43 when I received the 90 second wait time.

Happened at about 10:15am central

clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 03:56:50 am »

Wait time 107
Total uses today 74
Use 74 was hawking from the mainland to my island, taking one step, opening a hoard, grabbing 10 plum purples, hawking back to the mainland (my stargate), eating 10 plum purples, watering/picking tulips for a couple minutes, grabbing pigeon1, roding hitched pigeon2 back to its house, taking a step, grabbing pigeon2, walking for about 10 seconds, after which I attempted use 75 when I received the 107 second wait time.

Happened at about 8:45pm central

clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »

Wait time 109
Total uses today 46
Use 46 was hawking from the mainland to my island, taking one step, opening a hoard, grabbing 10 plum purples, hawking back to the mainland (my stargate), taking one step onto a ponderosa, eating 10 plum purples, walking for about 30 seconds, after which I attempted use 47 when I received the 109 second wait time.

Happened at about 4:20pm central

clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 03:53:15 am »

Wait time 58
Total uses today 70
Use 70 was hawking from the mainland to my island, accessing a few hoards, hawking back to the mainland (my stargate), walking for about 20 seconds, stepping onto a western hemlock, whittling 2 birdhouses, eating once from the hemlock, grabbing a pigeon1, riding hitched pigeon2 back to its house, taking a step, grabbing pigeon2, putting birdhouses on 2 horse chestnuts, chopping off a birdhouse from a balsam, assigning a worker to chop down the balsam, waiting a few seconds, picking up the pile of balsam wood/seeds, after which I attempted use 71 when I received the 58 second wait time.

Happened at about 8:45pm central

Greenhouse
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:37 am »

hmmm.... hawked from mainland to island
 ... used outhouse - had to wait to hawk back

is pooing the same as eating insofar as triggering a hawking delay?

(\__/)
( 0.0 )
( > < )o
 ~   ~
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 03:26:21 am »

Yes:
It has been my experience that pooing on my island affects me the same as if I ate
Intentional or not, over the past several months the variables that have affected my hawk's tiredness when attempting to go to my island are:
  • length of time since I last ate (milk, shakes, and tonics included), and it is worse if I ate on my island or with a stargate anywhere in the world
  • length of time since I last pooed, and it is worse if I pooed on my island or with a stargate anywhere in the world
  • length of time since I last used my hawk
  • number of times I have used my hawk since last update

I do not think that the amount I ate or pooed has made a difference.

AFAIK Dragoon has never said that was the intention so I think the poo-trigger is a bug. Unless he decides it is a feature.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Island hawk is tired!
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group