TOADWATER IS ACTUALLY DEAD :-(
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2022, 03:19:08 pm
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon planted a Strawberry Crop  (Odds: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Story behind the statue? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Story behind the statue?  (Read 1000 times)
cakerug
Centivelian
----------

« on: January 28, 2009, 12:27:55 am »

To current and previous Toadwater Gods:

How did you come up with your statue? Did you make it yourself? What's the story behind it?

To aspiring Toadwater Gods:

If you become a TW God what would your statue be? (Don't post your idea up if you're afraid of idea thieves.)

Just thought it'd be interesting to know.
Princess Cassie
Toadwater God
----------

Linda Kiraly

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:03:28 am »

Well, once upon a time, back in August of 06, I was macroing farming like there was no tomorrow, mainly because I was bored and had nothing better for my laptop to do.  I was encroaching on azentner's rank and would get godhood when I took it.  So, he got dan to help raid me.  Dan even camped out in my bunker for a while until I raided myself and ejected him, later returning to farming, taking azentner's rank, and getting god.  Anyway, azentner was a little miffed, I guess, and when I asked about my statue he, or someone else, I don't really remember, but I'm pretty sure it was related, said that if Dragoon even thought I was making my statue before he was ready for it, he wouldn't accept it.  So, I made a statue but didn't tell anyone.  It was in my signature until I needed the room for other things.  But, since I made it so long before I got my statue, believing I was waiting on Dragoon (who was waiting on me) I didn't have the original pics and had already shrunk the final pic to the size of a statue.  So, long story short (too late), Myrrdin had made the pic that is currently my statue on a whim, and I ended up just submitting that because I wanted to have it and didn't feel like trying to get the pictures again so I can try to make the one I wanted.  For those who haven't seen it, it was basically a picture of the master sword from Zelda with a red crowbar from an ad for Half-Life 2 pasted over the sword, it still have the shadows of the sword and people thought it looked like one of those dentists tools to suck up spit.

If you immediately know the loot is crap, then the mob was killed long ago

Viceroy Crowbarella sold 958300 Imperial Milking Gloves for 119787500000 gold pieces

pass it on
gemstone
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:57 am »

I like the simple elegant proportions of the SETI statue,  and would like something like that.

But I am sooo far away from godhood that it is not even worth planning yet.  Still there are sufficient  things to do ingame to keep me amused.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                  Arthur C. Clarke
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Story behind the statue?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group