TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2019, 10:26:22 am
Home Login Register
News: Severe Threat chopped down a European Lime tree for Mopsi, getting 1 piece of wood and 3 Seeds (Max Yield: 10.21%) (Starting Odds: 38.76%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: yeah, having trouble doing...... anything. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: yeah, having trouble doing...... anything.  (Read 1357 times)
binarybible
----------

« on: February 27, 2009, 08:59:10 am »

i click around and i move. i click buttons, and it says i can't do it. i click buy, i have no gold. i click sell, i have stuff like seeds, but i want to plant them, not sell them. i try planting them, and it says "where's your cloth"Huh

sorry but, i have NO IDEA what i'm doing!!

plus, i'm a girl, so why is my character a huge, muscular dude?
hempgrowerdan
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:48 am »

http://toadwater.com/Guide/index.php?title=Introduction

Start there.  Cool

WARNING! - Game experience may change during online play.
Strachan
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 11:38:13 am »

plus, i'm a girl, so why is my character a huge, muscular dude?

This is the default player icon, you can change it if you wish, just go into your Toadwater directory and look in the images folder for:  Player.gif  EMove.gif  WMove.gif

You can replace these images with your own if you would rather, search around the forums, there are plenty of threads with custom images.

(337-35-6) 9:73:42      Strachan set a NEW RECORD for breaking & scutching Retted Hemp, getting 5621 Raw Fibers!!!
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

You can unlock any door if only you have the key

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:53:21 pm »

sorry but, i have NO IDEA what i'm doing!!

Its tough at the very very beginning to get started because theres so much you can't do (or don't know how to do).
Stick with it, things will pick up.  If you need help, just check out the wiki.  I think everythings pretty much in there.

banner by JadeWolf
Yancy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:35:18 pm »

Most of us are more than willing to help a noob.

Post your problems on the forum here, or if you know how to use IRC join #toadwater to ask questions in the game's chat room.

If you don't know how to use irc, go to www.sorcery.net, find the link for chatnow (its at the top) when you click that link it will give you a few boxes to fill out.  Change nickname to what you want, and channel to #toadwater.

If you give a mouse a cookie....

Yancy finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 11454 Raw Fibers, 2727 Seeds)
imbrium99
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »

i click around and i move. i click buttons, and it says i can't do it. i click buy, i have no gold. i click sell, i have stuff like seeds, but i want to plant them, not sell them. i try planting them, and it says "where's your cloth"Huh

When I first started, I read on the forums: check the wiki, check the wiki, check the wiki.  So I tried.  I do think the wiki makes a lot more sense after you have played a while.  (That is just me.  I am sure the wiki makes lots of sense to everyone else.)  What ended up happening for me is that I had a friend I would PM all the time, asking stuff just like you were asking.  I see that there is a new "referral system" set up to sort of mimic this kind of help.  You could find more info by looking at "view the most recent posts on the forum" on the home link above.

The question "where's your cloth" seems like you were clicking on a seed bag or glove icon.  I am sure this is worded just the same, or better, in the wiki, but to plant a tree you just want the seed (Balsam, to start with) selected in your inventory and plant in an empty or fertilized square by clicking on the square.  I think you have already figured this out, but just in case.

And, it does get a lot easier to play and the wiki does make a lot more sense after a short while.  I am still sort of new but I really enjoy this game and most people are really wanting to figure out how to be more welcoming to new players so this is a good time to get started in the game.
gemstone
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 06:54:02 am »

I found the OLD guide to be more helpful for a brand new player.

(The Wiki is a great reference later on.)

I hope this link still works.

http://toadwater.com/TWGuide/

It is quite out of date in places but the starting guide is helpful.

Good luck.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                  Arthur C. Clarke
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: yeah, having trouble doing...... anything.
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group