TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2020, 11:15:06 am
Home Login Register
News: MWI chopped down a Gaboon Tree, getting 14 pieces of wood and 26 Seeds   (Odds: 118.44%) Last Seed Odds: 5.75%

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Noob World: Is It Safe? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Noob World: Is It Safe?  (Read 650 times)
Jesus The Astronaut!
Centivelian
----------

This

« on: August 01, 2009, 10:13:06 pm »

Last night, I decided (somewhat impulsively, I admit) to jump off CW and see the world. It was pretty much a huge disaster. I figured I would just vendor my FF, and all my idols, and anything else of value, and would just buy it back quickly, after I had laid some ground hoards.....I fell asleep shortly after, never buying anything back, and then today, I was so excited to be doing some large scale farming, that I died, lost all the millions of monies I had managed to save up, and lost my Banshee Axe.

All is well.

All that lost money was deffintly worth leaving CW, and being able to farm almost nonstop. But how safe are my crops? I know that anyone that comes along can mess with my trees, hoards, crops, etc - but how likely is this to happen? Without fences I can't protect my crops, but with TW having relatively few new members, are my chances of being wiped out minimal enough to feel somewhat safe, for a while at least?

Many of you have offered me a chance to bring me inside your borders and provide me with land, and while I appreciate it very much  Cheesy , I would like to get a feel what it's like to fend for myself, for now at least.

Thanks for all the help!
Choke
Centivelian
----------

I am not a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 10:55:36 pm »

My suggestion is to keep -everything- of value on your character. Your stuff is not safe at all while you're in noob world.

Keep a stack of healing items, a flaming fungus, a shovel, and a stack of planks you can make outhouses with 100%. If you can, get your hands on an Imperial seed bag and carry your seeds around with you too.

I'm not sure what all you were carrying that you had to "temporarily sell stuff" in order to make the jump. But there is still a -lot- of space left for your valuables. GRs, DCMs, Leaves, Stalks, RHFs.

Ahh well. Smiley

Farming is about one of the only things you -can- do in such a temporary situation. You'll want to find a plot of fence-able land asap so you can begin growing your healing trees and aging some plank wood Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:58:45 pm by Choke » Logged

Choke sold 300000 Poo Illustrated Magazine for 150000000 gold pieces.
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:01:14 am »

Noob worlds are not safe.

My suggestion it to keep -everything- of value on a mule.

And build a base ASAP -- there are areas in the newer continents that are perfect for a starter base (ask a Viceroy for more info about getting there). Make sure you have lots of healing food so you can explore to find the nice locations. Once you have good defenses and are on good terms with your neighbors, you can feel better about storing lower value items in hoards. Then you can also start aging your idols on aging trees if you want tree lord bonuses when whittling.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:05:33 am by clatra » Logged

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 01:26:36 pm »

If you can afford a subscription I would do that, you get an island that you can put a few hoards on to save your most precious items. And most of all, you help support your favourite game Smiley
If you want, I have a few grade  26 fences I could give away so you can start getting your own land.

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Noob World: Is It Safe?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group