TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2019, 02:33:23 pm
Home Login Register
News: Alchy sacrificed 15 Seeds to a Swamp Cedar Tree

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: What exactly is an irrigation ditch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What exactly is an irrigation ditch?  (Read 2701 times)
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

You can unlock any door if only you have the key

« on: August 17, 2010, 07:51:18 pm »

I have a question regarding the jute spawns.  I hear tell that you can place them near a body of water, namely an irrigation ditch.  There dosen't seem to be anything in the wiki on this (at least not as far as I can tell).  How can anyone create an irrigation ditch?

banner by JadeWolf
Abyss Rose
Centivelian
----------

No Comment

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »

Warning the following should NOT be done by anyone under 100 life!

First you need to be in land near water, you need to have an oar of grade 50+ (maybe lower but I have not tested that) and shovels.

You will need to use the oar on the ground near the water, Once you have drawn the line you use the shovel on the line, you will start to dig the ditch. Doing so costs 25 life and damages the power of the shovel by 10 point. For the ditch to be operational it will need to be 30 deep. If you built your ditch by water (as in right NEXT to it) your ditch will be ready to go! If not you will need to dig ditchs until the ditch is connected to water.
[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:27:05 pm »

Ditches fill themselves in slowly over time.  This seems to happen at a rate of 1 mm every 2 weeks or so.

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:36:31 pm »

Simplifying this:

You need:
1 Oar, lvl 50+
Many shovels, high level
Healing Items

Process
Use your oar to draw a line in the sand, make sure the line is connected to the water beside it otherwise you are wasting your time.
Dig the ditch with your shovel, be very careful about your health. This process destroys shovels very quickly
Dig until the ditch fills in with water, and then you have a ditch!
Ditches do fill in over time, and it is considered a safe practive to add a millimeter to it every week in order to keep it functional.

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

Unless you want newer players to destroy all of their shovels in one go, you should probably tell them to only keep one shovel in their inventory at a time.

Also I think it would be noteworthy to mention that if you can get your hands on some high level sap for your shovels you can greatly increase your shovel life duration and also increase digging speed.

Also (again) if you draw a line with an oar that you no longer want, you can remove it by walking on it if you havent started to dig it yet.
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

You can unlock any door if only you have the key

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 08:11:41 pm »

Thanks guys, much appreciated  Wink

banner by JadeWolf
jutekillerkeith
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »

Also (again) if you draw a line with an oar that you no longer want, you can remove it by walking on it if you havent started to dig it yet.

And if you want to remove one that you have started to dig, use ebp to fill it up.

But who knows really? The problem with forums/discussions like this is everyone thinks they know all the answers, everyone loves to propose solutions or debate their overall worthiness. But in reality, not much actually happens with all that talk and debate.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

The orientation of the lines you draw is based on your relative position: if you draw to your left or to your right, you will draw vertical lines, and if you draw to your top or bottom, you will draw horizontal lines. You can make an intersection by first drawing a vertical line, and then walking above or below it and draw on it again to add a horizontal line.

Or, you know, the other way around.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Pope Manny
Centivelian
----------

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. Followers of the Light

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 05:33:16 pm »

what exactly do they do?  I have read they are needed for the new crop, but have also read insinuations that they can aid in growing trees.  Is this true?

Can a completed ditch be walked over?

Is there any chance of finding a piece of Faust's corpse when digging one?
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »

They can be walked over, and they give boni to both trees and crops, although I don't remember exactly which ones. In short, if you have a subscription, use them instead of roads to get the bonus everywhere. The bonus 'spreads out' 3 squares in any direction, too, to you could do (I being Irrigation, P being a crop or a tree)

PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP
PPPIPPPPPPIPPPPPPIPPP

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Pope Manny
Centivelian
----------

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. Followers of the Light

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 11:28:21 pm »

Nice.

Thank a lot for the quick info.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: What exactly is an irrigation ditch?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group