TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 05:56:28 am
Home Login Register
News: Richard chopped down a Western Hemlock tree for Purple Haze, getting 28 pieces of wood and 3 Seeds (Max Yield: 0.1%) (Starting Odds: 157.09%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Earning Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Earning Gold  (Read 1255 times)
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« on: September 06, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »

Starting off gold is tough to get so aim to make the most of what you have. Here are some tips related to earning xp in several skills while earning gold selling fence repairs. Start by digging for balsam fir seeds until you stop earning construction xp from digging.
  • Plant some balsam fir seeds until you get several that survive.
  • Age some (or all if you can wait) balsam fir trees for 4 real days.
  • Chop down the aged trees when they are at least 1 year 35 days old in tree years -- chopping them down between 1 year 35 days and 1 year 134 days will allow you to get up to 2 pieces of wood and 4 seeds.
  • Whittle the wood into whatever you want but if you choose to whittle planks, construct the planks into fences then construct the fences into fence repairs. Each step increases the sell value of the finished product and fence repairs are the end of the line so sell them.
  • Repeat this when you need gold -- try it with higher level trees for even greater profit.

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Qwertyuiopas
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:10 pm »

Running some numbers with results I get:

1 b.f. wood:   10.00   Cost: 1 wood
1 g.1 plank:   12.51   Cost: 1 wood
1 g.1 fence:   20.76   Cost: 1 wood
100 g.1 fence rep.:   0.46   Cost: 2 g.1 fence: 2 wood.

So, fence repairs will get you ~23 gold per wood.

However:
1 b.f. birdhouse:   40.02   Cost: 1 wood

has double the profit for a similar skill requirement, and a clog was roughly 100, but far harder to make.
Edit: the probability may vary. I just know that for me, these things are more profitable. Specifically, I think that a level 1 birdhouse has the same probability as your whittling skill, and the fence repairs have the probability of twice your construction. I guess it depends on your skills in those areas.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:29:36 pm by Qwertyuiopas » Logged
[rebel]Demonoid
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:09 pm »

Thing to keep in mind on those level one trees, though, is that Plank -> Fence -> Fence Repair is going to give you more XP, and make it easier to construct higher level fences later.  Sometime around the third or forth level trees, it become more profitable to make the Fence Repairs.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Earning Gold
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group