TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2019, 04:56:26 am
Home Login Register
News: Mopsi found a Cascutta Herb while doing some Farming

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: How do I level easily in the beginning? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do I level easily in the beginning?  (Read 1418 times)
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« on: September 12, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

I hear this question a lot because newer players are always wanting to have more health as their actions begin to require more health.  Here are a few pointers for beginning players:

1. Before your construction reaches level 25.00 dig holes.  Digging increases your construction and overall xp with no rate of failure all the way up to level 25.  This one is pretty important in my opinion because it just makes starting out easier.  If you plant a few trees and dig holes while your trees grow in the very beginning gives you a 100% success rate on grade 1 construction items and it gives you more seeds to start out.

2. Planting trees gives more experience while you are in Cloud World.  I am not sure exactly how much xp planting a tree gives before level 50, but it is a significant number.  After level 50 (possibly all the way to level 100?) tree planting gives 2 xp per tree which causes your character to level much more quickly than it would at the normal rate of 1 xp per tree.

3. If you are worried more about leveling your character than about making gold, I recommend making planks in fences and then making fences into fence repairs.  This gives you even more construction and overall life xp rather than just selling the fences.

These are just a few basic things, nothing game changing but still very effective when utilized effectively.  Any questions or other ideas are appreciated.

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:36:41 pm »

2. Planting trees gives more experience while you are in Cloud World.  I am not sure exactly how much xp planting a tree gives before level 50, but it is a significant number.  After level 50 (possibly all the way to level 100?) tree planting gives 2 xp per tree which causes your character to level much more quickly than it would at the normal rate of 1 xp per tree.

Its 11xp to your level xp for each tree you plant. It is that way up until level 65 even if you are off of your Cloud World. That is why my suggestion would be to do nothing but plant Balsam Fir trees until you hit level 65 if you are concerned with your health. With Balsams you get the fastest growing tree, they cost less health to plant, they take less time to walk on, and while waiting the 15 minutes for them to grow, you can whittle/construct the other ones you recently cut down.
Pope Manny
Centivelian
----------

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. Followers of the Light

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:31:09 pm »

If you can find somebody to finance you.  Farming is extremely quick leveling since you get a XP point for each radish you pick early on, while losing only a fraction of health.

Mega expensive way to play though.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: How do I level easily in the beginning?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group