TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2022, 08:02:29 pm
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon constructed some Grade 26 Fencing Materials   (Odds: 100%) (+ Thirst Surge Bonus)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Notice of Experience Change 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Notice of Experience Change  (Read 1624 times)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« on: September 13, 2010, 11:21:09 pm »

Several players have reported Peas are "slightly" unbalanced on the amount of farming exp you get for the work.  To help make them slightly more balanced a few things will change on September 20th.  Peas will have the chance to get pop ups on both picking and planting.  Peas will give less experience when picking, changing how much you get during the farming edict.

This topic will be left open for discussion.
Jimithy
Centivelian
----------

The first time I caught crabs

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:44:45 am »

I strongly support the addition of popups to pea farming, but nerfing the xp seems like it takes a great deal away from your awesome addition to the game. Peas give the best farming xp in the game atm and I had thought you'd made them like that so that farming could finally become a competitive skill again, I personally think that removing some of their xp will make farming MORE unbalanced as compared to the other skills as it is such an enormous amount of effort to rank competitively in farming, even with the great xp from peas as it is now. Please reconsider, peas have been such a fun an thoughtful addition to TW thus far and have severely rebalanced an old skill, lowering the xp will send us back into the dark ages of farming.
May i suggest instead of reducing all xp across the board, we consider enstating a maximum amount that can be gained from a strain?

( . Y . )Jimithy( . Y . ) chopped down the oldest White Fir Tree in Toadwater! (Seeds Found: 4) (Age: 3 Years 287 Days) +++
 Jimithy proved someone was at the computer by answering an Annoying PopUp! (23088443.6 Minutes!)
Doctor Horrible
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 06:08:29 am »

I think farming gives good exp to the game and those who have the best strains worked to get them. This is a pretty punishing nerf. Popups  I think are required but nerfing exp is pretty rough. I find the idea that the only way to pass someone is to grind more than they did stupid. If this is about protecting farming ranks then why force players who are on the edge of a new crop to fall back to the old system of grinding away and away with the same old boring mess. Why not force old players resting on their laurels to step it up? Thats my 2 cents.
[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:47:11 pm »

I agree that the pop-ups are necessary, but that an xp nerf is completely unwarranted.  Perhaps more primitive strains of peas can give less xp while the peas are still allowed to mutate to current xp levels over more mutation stages.  I'm not sure if that would even be possible to implement at this point.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:48:49 pm by [EH?]korobatsu » Logged

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
lax
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:30:04 pm »

Popups are always good, but I somehow find the xp nerf a slap in the face.. Although, in the end it would make the farming competition even more ridicolous for having so "easily" obtainable xp, but it seems no one really used them anymore, after the initial rush. So you should reward people who want to farm peas for xp, and at the same time they don't get the benefits of farming the other crops for ff/dcm/gr/beetles and all the other stuff.

Evolution of the Dwarf
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:47:27 pm »

All things that grant farming xp should have popups.
* clatra runs and hides

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Doctor Horrible
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:58:36 pm »

Id even be for MORE popups than usual since its a simpler process to actually plant the peas. They are easier to plant but it was by no means easy to make a strain you liked which some people have. So im all for making them much more annoying to plant.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Notice of Experience Change
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group