TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2022, 07:55:54 pm
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon constructed some Grade 26 Fencing Materials   (Odds: 100%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Viceroys: 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Viceroys:  (Read 2179 times)
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« on: October 04, 2010, 03:11:07 am »

I would like to declare a botched report of both of my recent macroing offenses according to 14.2.2 which states:

14.2.2 - When someone notices a missed popup or suspicious activity, they must copy the contents of the log of the party in question and both post in the appropriate forum thread and message it to AT LEAST ONE Viceroy (preferably all). The messaged Viceroy(s) must then decide on the infraction and message the party in question about the decision. No infraction between the first message to the Viceroy(s) until the response is given will be counted.

If I have overlooked a change in the Constitution or an over-riding statement or CCR then I apologize.

Thank you for your time.

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Doctor Horrible
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 07:20:51 am »

7:15:31 am   arp2 proved he was at his computer by answering his Annoying PopUp!   
7:00:55 am    OUCH!! arp2 got an Annoying Pop-Up while mining.

I'm bored and watching. Be careful. Don't slip up.
arp
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:31:55 am »

Just making sure you are watching Wink Let's just say I am bored and like to keep you entertained.

I own no continents.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:03:15 pm »

As far as I can see, Flinnt both posted the logs on the thread and PMed them to me and Travis. Do you know something about our PMs I don't ?

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
arp
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 09:27:17 pm »

I know nothing of your messages, but the Constitution clearly states that in order for an infraction to be properly documented the accuser must both post the offending logs in the appropriate forum thread and message said logs to at least one viceroy.  I am claiming that neither infraction is legitimate according to 14.2.2 due to the fact that my accuser did not post the offending logs on either occasion. 

This oversight by my accuser allows me to claim that I was punished based on two infractions that were carried out unconstitutionally.  Whether the Viceroys will honor my claim is up to them.

I own no continents.
Young Tommy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 09:42:40 pm »

The appropriate forum thread is in the ministry and can only be edited by members of the viceroy...?
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 10:11:46 pm »

Arp, your accuser is Flinnt, to my knowledge he did what you claim your accuser did not. If Flinnt got the information from someone else doesnt make that person your accuser.

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:54:34 pm »

Those who reported the infractions want to remain anonymous for fear of unjustified retribution. They are allowed this and as such I posted the offenses in their stead.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »

Correct. The upstanding citizens who want to remain unnamed noticed Flinnt. Flinnt then followed 14.2.2:

14.2.2 - When someone notices a missed popup or suspicious activity, they must copy the contents of the log of the party in question and both post in the appropriate forum thread and message it to AT LEAST ONE Viceroy (preferably all)

After noticing the missed popup, Flinnt copied the contents of the log and posted them, as well as messaged me (and I assume Travis as well). It seems to me he followed 14.2.2 to the letter.

Now, if you want to argue that the people who originally notified Flinnt should have followed 14.2.2 and didn't - that's fine. We will strike all their reports of your AFK macroing. Since they didn't file any reports, that's easy - 2 infractions reported by Flinnt, 0 infractions incorrectly reported by anonymous, removing the 0 incorrect reports, leaves 2 infractions.

Nowhere says it that a Viceroy can't report an AFK infraction, nor does it say anywhere that the Viceroy would have had to be browsing peoples logs to notice them.

Honestly, I'm surprised and disappointed by your behavior. Instead of apologizing for cheating, you try to weasel your way around the spirit of the law and threaten and bully upstanding players who did nothing 'wrong' by any definition of the word.

Nobody forced you to macro without watching your client, and nobody forced you to keep going after your first infraction instead of saying "Gee, I guess I should be more careful in the future".

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
arp
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 11:39:29 pm »

Those who reported the infractions want to remain anonymous for fear of unjustified retribution. They are allowed this and as such I posted the offenses in their stead.

Then the Viceroys have circumvented the Constitution, and I have no viable argument with which to combat absolute power.  I will close this discussion.

As to Twisti's response, I am sorry that you are disappointed in me.  I have not threatened anyone in any form, and I do not intend to waste my time raiding Jester.  I agree that I did not answer the popups within the fifteen minute restrictions.  I did this twice within a month, and I am going to accept the consequences now that I see the Viceroys' position on my statement. 

I own no continents.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Viceroys:
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group