TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2019, 10:31:56 am
Home Login Register
News: caspian finished building a Grade 15 Fence for paputa

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Updating the Wiki 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Updating the Wiki  (Read 4474 times)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:19 pm »

I have been trying to update several of the pages of the wiki to bring it up to date with current patches.  I would appreciate all help on finding pages that need to be updated and/or updating the pages with current information.

Pages that need to be made:

Pages that need to be updated:
Salads

Please post with more suggestions and together we should be able to keep the wiki up to date.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:27:16 pm by Viceroy Travis » Logged
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:21 am »

As far as tinkering goes, this is what I made and would send to others when they asked about Tinkering:

Tinkering:
- Tinkering is the newest ranked skill. It relies heavily on the use of bars obtained through smelting ore. Workbenches, tables, hoard locks, fence locks and compost bins are all created in the same way. You buy a construction kit from the in-game store on the miscellaneous tab for whichever you want to build. They are very expensive and once placed cannot be moved so place it carefully and near a healing tree. Once you have the kit placed, you will want to take bars and put them on the kit. Each bar you place on the kit will add 50 metal pieces. It takes 10 metal pieces to attempt to tinker anything. Once you have metal pieces down, you will want to take planks (which you can wax for higher level planks) and use the planks on the construction kit. You will have a percentage to complete the item and if you are successful the item will be created in your inventory. If you fail, anywhere between 10-20 metal pieces will be destroyed. If you find that you have less than 10 metal pieces remaining on your construction kit and wish to use a different level bar than you were previously, you can use a shovel to scoop the remaining metal pieces off the kit.

Tables:
- These allow for better use of your management skill. By standing on one of these you gain a percentage increase to your management skill equal to the percent displayed when hovering over the workbench. This makes a great place to log out on at night so that your workers will work faster and skill up your management faster.

Workbenches:
- Using these will give you an extra increase to your whittling and construction skills. The higher the table level, the better the increase you will receive.

Hoard Locks:
- Used to allow others access to your hoards. One created, placing a lock on a hoard will prompt the player to enter a numeric passcode. The more numbers you use, the less likely the chance of success for placing the lock on the hoard will be. Be warned, raiders can access any lock they can reach and with enough time and attempts could get past your lock.

Fence Locks:
- Used to allow others access to your gates. One created, placing a lock on a gate will prompt the player to enter a numeric passcode. The more numbers you use, the less likely the chance of success for placing the lock on the gate will be. Be warned, raiders can access any lock they can reach and with enough time and attempts could get past your lock.

Compost Bins:
- Once you have made and placed a compost bin, you can take 100 Rotten Wheat Stalks or 100 Unripe Tomatos and put them into the bin. After you have done that, you will have to wait for quite awhile. Eventually the full compost bin image will turn from green material to brown material. Once it does this, step onto the bin and open it like you would a farming crop. You will get a bunch of compost worms, possibly some Earth Crawlers (a new worm with no use yet), and possibly some Honey Fungus (a fungus that when used on flowers will eventually eat them away as long as the flowers arent stepped on). Compost bins have also yielded Death Cap Mushrooms and Flaming Fungi.

EDIT: Im posting it here because I forgot my wiki login information.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:10:24 am by Viceroy Flinnt » Logged
Spyderman
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:04 am »

I think you have workbenches and tables mixed up.

<Rockstar> Every once in a while a cock needs to be beat though
<Rockstar> Or they get mean
<Spyderman> Yeah
<Spyderman> but mine's too small, so it wont do anyone any harm
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:07 am »

I think you might be right, thank you. Fixed in the post.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:52:39 am »

Thank you Flinnt.  I've uploaded that with a few slight edits to make it fit the style more.  I'll go back soon and make sure everything flows.

Any other suggestions on what needs to be improved?
Farmboy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:46:45 am »

Perhaps adding pumpkins to the alternative crops page if it isn't already.

<@[twisti]> youre becoming like a mini-me
<@[twisti]> ill tell you how proud of you i am

<@[twisti]> i cant believe you let farmboy outsmart you
<@Rize> no I didn't.
<@[twisti]> yes you did
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 07:39:35 pm »

Pumpkins are apart of the main crop page right now.  I feel they are similar enough to the main crops that it should stay there.  If others disagree, feel free to move it.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »

I have added Coal to the mining page and a separate page for it.  There are still several items that claim to be useless but have a use.

I'm trying to update the wiki when I do updates with the current information, to help keep it up to date.  I need help updating it with all the information of the past year.
[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Is there any information available as to the grade of a compost bin and whether or not this affects compost bin functionality?

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 09:11:27 pm »

Currently Compost Bin grade affect how long the items take to compost, though they may in the future determine durability as well.

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 10:35:15 pm »

How do you make mailboxes and how do they work?
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 10:57:29 pm »

You take 50 chunks of granite (I believe its chunks and not lumps). Place them where you want the mailbox to go. Place a post into the granite foundation (not sure if there is a level limitation). Then place a birdhouse on top of your post to create a finished mailbox.

To send mail:
- Select the item(s) you want to send. The mailbox sends all items that you have selected so if you only want to send some of a particular item, you have to split the stack into a ground hoard.
- Click on the mailbox. A series of prompts will follow. The first window asks to whom you wish to send the selected items too. I am fairly certain that this goes by account name and not nickname. The second window asks for a message that you wish to be attached with the item. You can leave this blank if you don't want/need a message.

To receive mail:
- Once someone has sent you mail, you will receive a popup notification telling you how many messages are waiting for you at the mailbox. If you have not created a mailbox, you can always receive your mail on SWI near the house.
- To get your mail, go to a mailbox and click on it. You have to click on it once for each message that was sent to you.

EDIT: Changed quartz to granite
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:02:07 pm by Viceroy Flinnt » Logged
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 05:36:01 am »

Thank you Flinnt.  I've updated the wiki with the information.

How do Grapes work? How do you make grape juice?
[FFFUUUU]MidnightWolf
Centivelian
----------

~Richard Biffle

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »

Wheat. There is essentially no information on it at all. Same thing with threshing and such. I was honestly looking for it in the wiki, because I've never grown wheat before. And the wiki was not helpful...  Embarrassed

A short little chap, bouncy in stride
Harvests the crops he grows with pride.
Berries ripen, plump figs dangle
Around the nettles green herbs tangle.
The tiny gardener while chewing on rye
Winks to a field mouse as he passes on by...
~Jacob King
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »

Wheat. There is essentially no information on it at all. Same thing with threshing and such. I was honestly looking for it in the wiki, because I've never grown wheat before. And the wiki was not helpful...  Embarrassed

I added several pages about wheat.  It now takes you to what it's in the crop and the uses for each item.  Also information about threshing is now in the wiki. If anyone else would like to help, my formatting wasn't amazing.
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:48 pm »

Isabella Tiger Moth
From Toadwater Guide
Banded Woolly Bears can be eaten for a weaving buff. They work the same way radishes do.

Banded Woolly Bear
From Toadwater Guide
Banded Woolly Bears can be eaten for a textile buff. They work the same way radishes do.

one a dease aint right

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff — I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »

Fixed that Mayer.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Updating the Wiki
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group