TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 09, 2020, 06:07:00 am
Home Login Register
News: Excalibus failed to whittle a Royal Paulownia Idol   (Odds: 0.51%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Tree Lord Bonus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Tree Lord Bonus  (Read 9302 times)
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 05:37:46 am »

It seems I am wrong. 

There is no problem.  *shrugs*

My mistake.

Shocked  I don't thnk I ever saw Caspian be so succinct as this.  Though, he made up for it in his next voluminous forum message.    Grin
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:16 am »

Whittle Mastery I Tonics *

Dasher Tokens*

I like these ideas as an addition in leiu of the TL bonus.  Then anyone can get a whittling bonus for a limited time.  Perhaps a tonic with the seed of the wood you want to whittle.
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:42 am »

Hurry up Clatra

Love Mayer

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
jutekillerkeith
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 05:43:50 am »

Hurry up Clatra

Love Mayer

Grin Grin Grin Grin (just to bug Travis)

But who knows really? The problem with forums/discussions like this is everyone thinks they know all the answers, everyone loves to propose solutions or debate their overall worthiness. But in reality, not much actually happens with all that talk and debate.
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 05:51:48 am »

* clatra takes a deep breath
I still stress that a mid-60s TL does not earn *that* much more xp per unit effort than a mid-50s TL.

Now read this next section carefully as it contains about 99% of what you need to do to snag the highest TL. The highest TL bonuses, and I grant that they are huge, are available to you if and only if you:
  • Age/protect statues for years in advance (can be shortened to months by investing heavily in better statues)
  • Work on forestry and/or management years in advance to ensure high seed yields
  • Plan base designs months in advance so idols do not need to be moved -- a long break from TW is pretty much out of the question
  • Prepare tree aging areas months in advance to be ready for the new seed you target
  • Work on whittling all levels of idols/planks in advance
  • Prepare to have a flexible schedule to spend many hours wiping statues as soon as the targeted seed is released
  • Spend many hours a week planting/harvesting the targeted seed (one of the few areas where a macro can give you a bit of a boost)
  • Fend off threats to idols including pouring resources into maintaining fences
Note that the final two bullets do not stop as long as you want to keep the TL so even a short break from TW could jeopardize the treelordship.

So "getting" there is a huge amount of effort, in some cases over years or without breaks from TW. Then "staying" there requires additional, continuous effort. All for the ability to whittle planks at 100% -- the potential to earn proportional xp while whittling said planks is the icing on the cake.

Don't believe me?

Look at the top whittlers and how they are using TLs in actuality. The top 4 whittlers are not using TLs to maintain their ranks. Only 4 of the top 50 whittlers are using the highest TLs and -- this may be surprising -- even we do not use them that much (time spent whittling is by far a more important factor for gaining whittling xp than having high level TLs). I will go so far as to say if some up-and-comers did rocket up into the top whittling ranks, I would probably take their TLs from them just to slow them down but that is all I could do: slow them down. I cannot prevent folks passing me in whittling -- I spend too much goddamn time competing for TLs.
 Tongue

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Ispep Teid
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 06:08:51 am »

Caspian, I beleive it is your move to find a verbose way of expressing your opinion... Tongue
caspian
Toadwater God
----------

The Sometimes god (makes me sound like Y or W!)

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 06:09:45 am »

Clatra,

I understand.

I will pass over saying "it's hard to put in years of background time" to get a treelordship...since it had to be done...erm...years ago.

I'm not talking about level 50 vs level 60.  I'm talking about some bonus vs no bonus.

That's all.  Maybe I came across differently.

I thought about the issue and realized that perhaps the competition is more important than other things.  And the preparation is key.  That this is an "elite reward".

(Ispep -- is this the 2nd most succinct you've ever seen me be?  Wink )

Caspian the son of Caspian, lawful King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Lion
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »

caspian,

My last post sounded like I was talking to you when I was, in fact, writing for anyone who wanted to change the current system. From one often long-winded, and always opinionated, player to another: <3.
 Cheesy

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
caspian
Toadwater God
----------

The Sometimes god (makes me sound like Y or W!)

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 11:57:49 pm »

caspian,

My last post sounded like I was talking to you when I was, in fact, writing for anyone who wanted to change the current system. From one often long-winded, and always opinionated, player to another: <3.
 Cheesy

Clatra,

Likewise, although it looked like my post was just to you [esp. due to the "clatra" at the top!], the same applies.  I was simply musing -- both about change and admitting "maybe I am seeing it upsidedown".  To whomever is still following.

Without long-winded and opinionated discussion, how can we while away the toadwater hours?  Smiley

Caspian the son of Caspian, lawful King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Lion
Bryan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 12:27:51 am »

Clatra,

Likewise, although it looked like my post was just to you [esp. due to the "clatra" at the top!], the same applies.  I was simply musing -- both about change and admitting "maybe I am seeing it upsidedown".  To whomever is still following.

Without long-winded and opinionated discussion, how can we while away the toadwater hours?  Smiley

I dont know how good it is, but I heard about this game, I think its called FrogWater or Toadwater, something like that, and its supposed to be really good at whiling away the hours Tongue

[23:29] <[rebel]Epik> http://www.toadwater.com/index.php?action=profile;u=22454
[23:30] <[rebel]Epik> We have competition
[23:31] <@Jessy> thats not competition thats lunch.
Jumquas
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2011, 11:11:17 am »

I dont know how good it is, but I heard about this game, I think its called FrogWater or Toadwater, something like that, and its supposed to be really good at whiling away the hours Tongue

Maybe, but I find it gets very tired after a while, although watching Clatra, Caspian and other eloquent typists debate does make it somewhat more interesting, and every so often they come to an agreement or understanding - such a rare thing on internet forums I always smile when I see it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Nicodemus's Classical Tavern  |  Topic: Tree Lord Bonus
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group