TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2019, 06:03:40 pm
Home Login Register
News: Katai finished fertilizing a field for Alchy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Textile, Weaving? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Textile, Weaving?  (Read 1214 times)
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:02 am »

If you are like every other player, you saw hemp seeds in the store and went  Shocked and proceeded to look through the guide for what we could possibly be doing with hemp.  You then found links to pages about Breaking and Scutching and Retting and Weaving and your head exploded.  Here is the basic, I don't know anything about the game, rundown.

-Plant hemp seeds on 100% fertilized ground. (Don't do this as a new player with no farming experience, it is a waste of gold.  Get on the IRC and ask for a few hemp stalks to experiment with.)
-Open the crop menu, pick the stalks, etc.

Here comes the part where your head exploded

Retting
-Select the hemp stalks in your inventory and click an empty square next to you.  Similar to ferilizer, this click put down 10 hemp stalks and the square became a bit greener.  Repeat this step until the square reaches 100% and the display is Retting (-)
-The image changes over the next few minutes and each change makes the picture darker.  Eventully the image gains a 3d border and only displays Retting.  Now the fun begins...

Scutching
-Select your Scutching Sword
-Click on your square of hemp(unless you are buffed you will have to do this 20 times.  Watch your health!)
-Notcie the Hemp Fibers and Seeds that have appeared in your inventory.  Seeds have an obvious use, the fibers are used in the next post!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:30:26 am by arp » Logged

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
arp
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:26:47 am »

Part 2:Too much fiber(s) isn't necessarily a bad thing...
From this point on, a significant financial investment is required.  Keep this in mind as you proceed.

What to do with those fibers, what to do...

Textile
-First order of business is to buy a Hackling Machine. These can be found in the in-client store under the miscellaneous tab.
-Place your hackling machine on the ground, ideally next to a tree that gives you a good amount of health.
-Select your fibers and use them on the machine.  This will produce Low Grade Sliver.
(This step can be repeated in order to produce Medium Grade Sliver and High Grade Sliver, but is not recommended for lower level players.)
-Buy a Spinning Wheel, same place as the Hackling Machine just more expensive.
-Use your sliver on the Spinning Machine to receive Beggar's Yarn.

Weaving
-Buy a Weaving Loom, same place as the others.
-Use your Beggar's Yarn on your Loom and you will receive Beggar's Cloth.
-10 Yarn and 10 Cloth can be used to try and make either Milking Gloves or a Seed Bag by selecting the appropriate buttons on the toolbar when you have cloth selected.

Milking Gloves and Seed Bags have their own individual uses and can be looked up using the guide button on website toolbar.  If you have any questions or comments feel free to post or message me!

Arp

I own no continents.
[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:09:13 pm »

I know it's kind of advanced, but gloves and bags take different forms depending on what textile you're working with. That may warrant at least a small mention somewhere.

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
arp
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:37:51 pm »

Yeah I had someone say I should have included something about thirst affecting scutching as well.  My response would be the same for the more advanced weaving as it was for thirst.  This board is not a replacement for the guide, merely a place for newer players to find basic explanations and to ask questions that may not have obvious answers.

I own no continents.
[EH?]korobatsu
Centivelian
----------

Ich liebe meinen Holzfäller.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:40:21 pm »

Fair enough. Smiley

* Myrrdin does a little dance
* korobatsu makes a little love
* Myrrdin gets down tonight
* korobatsu gets down tonight

5:45:50 am [EH?]korobatsu whittled a Sugar Maple Idol (Odds: 1.38%) (+ Super Thirst Surge Bonus x2 - Bonus: 640%) 100 (Desired: 204057.971014) (Thirst: 100)     
408116 xp
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Textile, Weaving?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group