TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 08:36:55 am
Home Login Register
News: Mopsi whittled 2 Grade 31 Plank   (Odds: 100%)  (Thirst: 125.50)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Transportation, An overview 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Transportation, An overview  (Read 1035 times)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« on: April 20, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

The world of Toadwater is huge and disconnected. An overview of the map can be found here.  Dark land is fenced in land, while the lighter colors are open.  Noob worlds are in the corner, and can not be fenced in. 

The main forms of transportation are, Teleporting, Birds, Hangliders and Walking.

Teleporting is an instant transport from one square to a specific square.  There are teleporters located around South Winter Island that transport players to Asturias and D4F5.  The teleporters are free and work two way.  The government has the power to teleport players to many locations.  Check out this page for more information or contact a viceroy.

There are three birds that are used for transporting.  Passenger Pigeons live on Horse Chestnut trees and when fed a worm, appear in the inventory for 24 hours.  During the time, attempting to eat one, will fly the player back to the tree.  Before the time runs out, they can be "hitched" to a Ponderosa Pine tree.  The bird will stay there until it's fed a compost worm and will fly the player back.  Watch out because anyone can feed it a worm and fly to the tree.

Wood Ducks and Mallard Ducks come from Black tupelo and Christmas Trees, respectfully.  Wood Ducks take the player to South Winter Island and Mallard Ducks take the player to North Winter Island.  The birds last for an hour, and when they run out or the player attempts to eat them, they fly the player back to the tree.

Hangliders cost toadkens and can only be used by accounts with active personal workers.  They work by having a central hub on the player's island.  If a player walks onto a glider, it takes the player to central hub.  At the central hub, a text box appears and the player types in the destination glider. 

This is a brief overview of transportation.  If you have any questions or see any problems with this, feel free to post on this topic or send me a personal message.
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »

Maybe you should raise the timer on the ducks? There's a lot more stuff to do on SWI and NWI these days  Cheesy

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
i)ght
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 10:07:40 pm »

I agree. Maybe a duck corral could be added to keep the duck safe during all your adventures. When the duck is picked back up the timer would resume. This nifty service would be offered at a fee of gold of course Smiley

10:32:15 pm    i)ght washed 8 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0%)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »

Maybe you should raise the timer on the ducks? There's a lot more stuff to do on SWI and NWI these days  Cheesy

I agree. Maybe a duck corral could be added to keep the duck safe during all your adventures. When the duck is picked back up the timer would resume. This nifty service would be offered at a fee of gold of course Smiley

Great feedback, thank you.  I didn't know that players were interested in longer duck timers.  I like i)ght's idea of a special corral that lengthens the timer, perhaps this could be inter-worked with tinkering.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Transportation, An overview
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group