TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2019, 08:57:39 pm
Home Login Register
News: Jinjur finished fertilizing a field for Mopsi

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Bugs 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: New Client Bugs  (Read 34006 times)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« on: May 01, 2011, 09:03:35 pm »

If you run into a bug with the new client, please post all the information here.  It's important to fully explain the problem so the problem can be accurately diagnosed.

Edit by Twisti: I'll edit your posts to make it easier to see what's fixed and what isn't. Strikethrough means I fixed it in an upcoming version, Italic means I need more information or a confirmation that a change in an upcoming version really fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:02:38 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
kaaskop
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:55:33 am »

Hi,

I found a few bugs:

- When I fail at constructing something it doesn't show the waiting time but it shows something like this:
Construct fencing(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 6 minutes,58 seconds) etc.

- Sometimes the screen gets darker outside my field of vision when I switch inventory items. This goes back to normal when I switch again.

-Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the duration of my radish/ gold radish buffs.

Other then that I didn't found anything yet...looking nice so far:P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:32:03 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
Trailblazer
Centivelian
----------

Thrillho

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »

I've had an infrequent problem with selecting items in my inventory. Sometimes, it'll deselect the currently highlighted item but not highlight the item I've clicked on. Othertimes it'll not even deselect my previously highlighted item. This often results with me setting a work on something I don't want a worker working on i.e. a path, fence etc.

One usual piece of information to know is that I've resized the inventory window smaller than the default size given when the client was first installed.

I also miss having my player name listed in the workers window :X. Call me old fashioned but I knew for certain I wasn't about to put a worker on something I didn't want to!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:03:03 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

Jen*'s husband
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »

if you only have one worker selected, you can ctrl+left click that worker to deselect it.

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Bryan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:21:43 pm »

Locus and Speed in the Info Center don't display anything.

While on Zoom 9, the client freezes if I try to do anything(move, switch items, etc. etc.)

While running the client through the debugger, I get exceptions while zooming.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:06:47 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

[23:29] <[rebel]Epik> http://www.toadwater.com/index.php?action=profile;u=22454
[23:30] <[rebel]Epik> We have competition
[23:31] <@Jessy> thats not competition thats lunch.
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

You can unlock any door if only you have the key

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:50:20 pm »

JadeWolf has experienced the client shutting down by itself while simply walking around, during normal game play.  This has happened 4 or 5 times today.  No problems yesterday.
If it helps, she uses zoom 4.

I havn't experienced this myself, but as for me I hardly get any sound effects (walking with your staff, selecting items in my inventory, and so on), and the construction, whittling, textile, and misc buttons are missing their pictures (except for the seed bag image).  I think this is partly due to the fact that I'm using Windows XP  Embarrassed

Other than this, no complaints.  Its a great client  Wink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:32:28 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

banner by JadeWolf
jutekillerkeith
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:20:37 am »

JadeWolf has experienced the client shutting down by itself while simply walking around, during normal game play.  This has happened 4 or 5 times today.  No problems yesterday.

This has happened to me a few times too. I've been meaning to run it in debug so I can send twisti the errors it gives.

Also, for me, I get too many sounds. The sounds que up and if I walk faster than the sound can play, when I stop it keeps playing the walking sounds for a while.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:09:25 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

But who knows really? The problem with forums/discussions like this is everyone thinks they know all the answers, everyone loves to propose solutions or debate their overall worthiness. But in reality, not much actually happens with all that talk and debate.
Mewmew
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 01:27:10 am »

*Edit May 06 - My sound works fine now with the updated new client (1.0.1).  Thanks Cheesy  I don't know how to cross this out or if I should shorten the post etc but all seems good for me now Cheesy

*Edit - I've sent Travis my entire DxDiag.txt file in case that helps but if you need more than that just let me know Cheesy

I'm getting no sound at all.

I've toggled the sound option on and off and restarted the client and still have no sound.  I've also rebooted my whole system.

I looked in the directory and I see it downloading sound files there (as the sound is *supposed* to activate) and can manually click to hear them, they're just not playing in the game for me.

I'm on Windows Vista 32 bit.  I have zero sound problems with anything else, the old client, any of the java clients I run daily.  Old client always has and still does play the sounds fine.

Um just let me know what info to look up to let you know.  For now I took this out of DXDiag:

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
            Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
 Default Sound Playback: Yes
 Default Voice Playback: Yes
            Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1028020E&REV_1000
        Manufacturer ID: 1
             Product ID: 100
                   Type: WDM
            Driver Name: RTKVHDA.sys
         Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5555 (English)
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
            WHQL Logo'd: Yes
          Date and Size: 1/24/2008 11:06:40, 2054872 bytes
            Other Files:
        Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
         HW Accel Level: Basic
              Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
              HW Memory: 0
       Voice Management: No
 EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
   I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:32:51 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 02:45:59 am »

Also, for me, I get too many sounds. The sounds que up and if I walk faster than the sound can play, when I stop it keeps playing the walking sounds for a while.

Now that you mention it, Jade has had that happen too today.  Sorry I didn't post that earlier  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:11:02 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

banner by JadeWolf
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 03:21:58 am »

I have noticed that the client has trouble highlighting the correct square outside of current field-of-view.  This problem only exists for me while the cursor is either north or west of FOV and is more pronounced in the northwest corner of the screen.  Side note: The farther out I zoom, the worse the distortion is.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:24:01 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 03:01:51 pm »

- When I fail at constructing something it doesn't show the waiting time but it shows something like this:
Construct fencing(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 6 minutes,58 seconds) etc.

So when you when you construct something, it shows a "Remaining time", and your complaint is that it doesn't show the waiting time ? I don't understand this bug report. It looks like it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. Could you please clarify ?

- Sometimes the screen gets darker outside my field of vision when I switch inventory items. This goes back to normal when I switch again.

Fixed in 1.0.1

-Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the duration of my radish/ gold radish buffs.

Fixed in 1.0.1

1.0.1 will be released come the weekend.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »

I've had an infrequent problem with selecting items in my inventory. Sometimes, it'll deselect the currently highlighted item but not highlight the item I've clicked on. Othertimes it'll not even deselect my previously highlighted item. This often results with me setting a work on something I don't want a worker working on i.e. a path, fence etc.

One usual piece of information to know is that I've resized the inventory window smaller than the default size given when the client was first installed.

I also miss having my player name listed in the workers window :X. Call me old fashioned but I knew for certain I wasn't about to put a worker on something I didn't want to!

I will need more information about the inventory issue as I can't reproduce it so far. Do you use the number keys or the mouse to select items when this happens ?

As for the worker window, it always seemed awkward to me the way TWC did it, but I understand that unselecting workers now is awkward as well. How would you feel about closing the worker window to deselect workers ? It's quick to reopen with Ctrl+W if you need it again, do you think that would be a good way to deal with it ? Or does that seem even more awkward than the old way ?

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 03:23:56 pm »

Locus and Speed in the Info Center don't display anything.

While on Zoom 9, the client freezes if I try to do anything(move, switch items, etc. etc.)

While running the client through the debugger, I get exceptions while zooming.

All fixed in 1.0.1.

kaaskop
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »

I mean it shows a full line untill the end of my screen with this:
Construct fencing(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 6 minutes,58 seconds) ...

Maybe it goes on and on until the correct time, but I can't see it because it's outside of the screen.

Just checked. Even when I CAN construct something it still shows this line.

So just to clarify:
- I start tw, everything is fine.
- I fail something with construction. It will show the time remaining. But I guess instead of replacing the previous time remaining, it just adds it behind it like so:Construct fencing(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 6 minutes,58 seconds) etc.
- That line will stay even when I can construct again.
- I only goes away when I close tw it seems.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:33:14 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
Nicodemus
Toadwater Artisan
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »

I notice this myself, especially if I am walking by my statues.  The screen will get dark as the statue will flicker and then go back to normal again.  Has anyone else noticed this?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:25:18 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

banner by JadeWolf
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:43:26 pm »

I notice this myself, especially if I am walking by my statues.  The screen will get dark as the statue will flicker and then go back to normal again.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Like I said, already fixed. It happens when a picture gets loaded after the map has already been painted.

Trailblazer
Centivelian
----------

Thrillho

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 11:28:29 pm »

I will need more information about the inventory issue as I can't reproduce it so far. Do you use the number keys or the mouse to select items when this happens ?

As for the worker window, it always seemed awkward to me the way TWC did it, but I understand that unselecting workers now is awkward as well. How would you feel about closing the worker window to deselect workers ? It's quick to reopen with Ctrl+W if you need it again, do you think that would be a good way to deal with it ? Or does that seem even more awkward than the old way ?

I simply use mouseclicks. As mentioned it might be something to do with me resizing the inventory window and making it smaller. I never had such selecting issues with the old client and as no-one else has reported it I'm guessing it's thus far unique to me. I'll try upscaling the inventory window and see if the problem occurs still.

With regards to deselecting workers, could we not simply click the same worker again in the worker list to deselect it so that if no worker is selected, the player is undoubtedly selected?

Jen*'s husband
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Bugs
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group