TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2019, 03:25:17 am
Home Login Register
News: Purple Haze wove 7 squares of Middling Cloth  (42 xp, 7 cloth, 100 yarn burned, 1 use taken)  (Odds: 105.74%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Bugs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: New Client Bugs  (Read 32480 times)
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 04:49:06 am »

Anytime I try to open the hire workers window, the action queue bar fills up 1 bar but the window never opens. The action never times out and I have to close the client to clear the action bar. I used the old client to hire workers.

UPDATE: As I was typing this, the hire workers window opened but it was literally a 5+ minute delay where I could do nothing else in the client. I don't know if this issue is limited to me or not.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:25:46 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 05:16:48 am »

Anytime I try to open the hire workers window, the action queue bar fills up 1 bar but the window never opens. The action never times out and I have to close the client to clear the action bar. I used the old client to hire workers.

UPDATE: As I was typing this, the hire workers window opened but it was literally a 5+ minute delay where I could do nothing else in the client. I don't know if this issue is limited to me or not.

Thank you, someone else finally has this issue.  It is the same problem with using the store and I was the only one complaining of this problem.  Just for the sake of covering every base, do you have a Toshiba?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:26:15 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 05:29:03 am »

No, Im using a custom built desktop. The sell window works fine for me, but the buy window gives me the same issue.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:33:52 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
arp
Centivelian
----------

10:30:53 pm [rebel]arp found 5 Gold Radishes!

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 06:18:13 am »

Ah ok, well even so at least I am not the only one having issues with it.

I own no continents.
10:24:01 pm arp washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds:(0.01%)
Claire Bell
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 08:28:49 am »

At the maintenance time this evening, I exited the game and logged out of Toadwater, but now that I try to reenter the game, my Toadwater man does not appear on the screen.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:26:36 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 08:36:01 am »

At the maintenance time this evening, I exited the game and logged out of Toadwater, but now that I try to reenter the game, my Toadwater man does not appear on the screen.

Sorry about that.  I was messing with some display code and temporally messed that up.
Claire Bell
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 08:41:38 am »

Its all good. Dispite the little bugs here and there, I like the changes. Smiley
jutekillerkeith
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 05:41:53 pm »

...and temporally messed that up.

Travis is messing with time travel again Sad

But who knows really? The problem with forums/discussions like this is everyone thinks they know all the answers, everyone loves to propose solutions or debate their overall worthiness. But in reality, not much actually happens with all that talk and debate.
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 07:55:49 pm »

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »

Hi,

I found a few bugs:

- When I fail at constructing something it doesn't show the waiting time but it shows something like this:
Construct fencing(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 4 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 7 minutes, 0 seconds)(Remaining: 6 minutes,58 seconds) etc.

I believe this is fixed now. Please let me know if you still encounter it in 1.0.1.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »

I also miss having my player name listed in the workers window :X. Call me old fashioned but I knew for certain I wasn't about to put a worker on something I didn't want to!

Changed in 1.0.1 back to the way it was. You can now either select 'yourself' or select nothing at all, whichever way you liked better.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 02:08:43 pm »

JadeWolf has experienced the client shutting down by itself while simply walking around, during normal game play.  This has happened 4 or 5 times today.  No problems yesterday.
If it helps, she uses zoom 4.

I havn't experienced this myself, but as for me I hardly get any sound effects (walking with your staff, selecting items in my inventory, and so on), and the construction, whittling, textile, and misc buttons are missing their pictures (except for the seed bag image).  I think this is partly due to the fact that I'm using Windows XP  Embarrassed

Other than this, no complaints.  Its a great client  Wink

Fixed JadeWolfs problems in 1.0.1, it's either the buggy sound or the buggy zoom with frames on. Your problem seems like your PC has trouble downloading things like pictures and sound files. Maybe an overly zealous firewall ? You can try to run the client with the (Debug) link that it installs to your All Programs/Toadwater JTWC and see if that prints any errors, those would be super helpful.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:45 pm »

This has happened to me a few times too. I've been meaning to run it in debug so I can send twisti the errors it gives.

Also, for me, I get too many sounds. The sounds que up and if I walk faster than the sound can play, when I stop it keeps playing the walking sounds for a while.

Should all be fixed in 1.0.1.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »

*Edit - I've sent Travis my entire DxDiag.txt file in case that helps but if you need more than that just let me know Cheesy

I'm getting no sound at all.

I've toggled the sound option on and off and restarted the client and still have no sound.  I've also rebooted my whole system.
[...]

Please let me know if the new version that I'm releasing tomorrow fixes your sound issues.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 02:24:12 pm »

I have noticed that the client has trouble highlighting the correct square outside of current field-of-view.  This problem only exists for me while the cursor is either north or west of FOV and is more pronounced in the northwest corner of the screen.  Side note: The farther out I zoom, the worse the distortion is.

Fixed in 1.0.1.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »

Fixed in 1.0.1.

Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 05:25:41 pm »

Could you put a link to the main webpage or profile in the help drop down?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:39:27 pm by Viceroy Twisti » Logged

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: New Client Bugs
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group