TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 02:20:09 am
Home Login Register
News: caspian chopped down a Black Oak Tree, getting 1 piece of wood and 2 Seeds  (Odds: 63.09%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Instant gates? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Instant gates?  (Read 1324 times)
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« on: June 29, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »

I have 4 squares that did not show a fence when I laid it down.  I tried again and it said "You cannot put a gate there" or something close to that.  I tried a sharpie to see if there was an inactive there, but there was not.  To see what would happen, I tied to assign workers.  It showed the under construction triangle graphic, but only the smallest dot of a fence in the center.  When the works completed the fence, it appeard as a gate.  I even tried it and the gates worked.  They now have 206 uses left after I walked through them once.  I did not place a gate.  I had 2 grade 15 gates in my inventory before I started and they are still there.  Grade 15 gates only give 150 uses, correct?  So that doesn't explain the 207 uses (before I stepped on them).

I didn't post under new client bugs because I'm using the OLD client.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Dragoon
Centivelian
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:16:04 pm »

This isn't a bug, persay.

The game stores all the information about the map in one table, lets call it "Map".  If there is a gate on that square, the row in the table will point to another table, "Gates", through a common ID number.

At one point, I was probably destroying someones fences in those squares. I probably was just clearing out the data in the "Map" table.  However, since data exists in the "Gates" table, if the fence I deleted had a gate on it, it creates a few quirks since some data is still left over that wasn't cleared out. This is the source of the quinks you discovered.

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 06:53:46 pm »

This also happens when a player who had fences vapes, I believe.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:40:44 am »

Thank you for your responses.  I wanted to make sure I reported it and didn't just accept something that might be seen as an ill gotten advantage.

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:48 pm »

I'm a stupid bot!
Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 05:53:36 am »

hmmmm. . . .

Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Instant gates?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group