TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2020, 05:47:47 am
Home Login Register
News: [Imperial]Sicari sliced a Golden Bamboo Shoot getting 4 Stalks.

Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Poll: AFK macroing/Constitutional change 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Should admins be allowed to confirm afk macroing incidents?
Yes   -18 (94.7%)
No   -1 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Poll: AFK macroing/Constitutional change  (Read 3280 times)
Viceroy Excalibus
Twisti's Flunky
Public Relations
----------

« on: July 19, 2011, 12:43:12 am »

Greetings Toadwater community,

For whatever reason, there have been many afk macroing infractions over these past few weeks. We are now coming across incidents not clearly defined in the Constitution. The current situation involves someone caught afk macroing, but the Viceroys did not see the logs so it was confirmed by an admin.

Therefore according to section 14.2.0.4 of the Constitution which states "Any previous precedent not already defined that was agreed to by way of a community poll and later to be adopted into the constitution as a new definition,"  I would like to hold a vote on whether or not admins can confirm afk infractions. I think its fair and if you are caught doing it, you should be punished, no loop holes to jump through. If the vote is passed, the player will be punished and it will change section 14.2.0.1 from

Not answering a popup for more than 15 (fifteen) standard (real) minutes.

to

Not answering a popup for more than 15 (fifteen) standard (real) minutes, determined by a Viceroy checking the public logs or an admin checking the admin logs.

The poll will run for 7 days.

Thank you,

Viceroy Excalibus
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:11 am »

I agree that this should be added. There is no reason people should get away with AFK macroing just because all Viceroy's happen to be sleeping or whatever at the time.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
clatra
the fool
Toadwater God
----------

I'm not the one that's so absurd

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:18:50 am »

"Should admins be allowed to confirm afk macroing incidents?" Obviously.

It is obvious because some cheaters are learning that all they need to do to cover up a missed popup is wipe a statue or two. It would be rare that a Viceroy would be able to check public logs faster than someone can wipe a couple statues, allowing virtually any cheater to get away.

clatra sacrificed 38610 Seeds to a Coachwood Tree
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:04 am »

I agree with this but is this an official vote?

You have failed to follow:

4 - A vote to change any part of the Constitution will be known as a Constitutional Change Request (herein referred to as a CCR), and shall adhere to the following format or be deemed invalid...

and I would hate to see someone get off on a technicality. I hate to be a stickler, but people have tried to get off on technicalities before. The admin's have the final say though, so if they deem my post silly, so be it.
Viceroy Excalibus
Twisti's Flunky
Public Relations
----------

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:50 am »

Therefore according to section 14.2.0.4 of the Constitution which states "Any previous precedent not already defined that was agreed to by way of a community poll and later to be adopted into the constitution as a new definition," 
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:01 am »

If you commit a crime and cover it up, you should still be punished.  Wiping statues and other log heavy actions should not be used to cover up cheating.
Old Flinnt
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:44 am »

...If the vote is passed, the player will be punished and it will change section 14.2.0.1...

Sounds to me like you are trying to change part of the constitution which according to the constitution requires that certain rules must be followed:

4 - A vote to change any part of the Constitution will be known as a Constitutional Change Request (herein referred to as a CCR), and shall adhere to the following format or be deemed invalid:

4.1 - The subject shall be "Constitution Change Request: x.x", where x.x is the number of the paragraph in question.
4.2 - The question shall be "Old or New?"
4.3 - The body shall be the text of the old paragraph, followed by a blank line, followed by the proposed new text of the paragraph.
4.4 - Option 1 shall be "Keep the old paragraph".
4.5 - Option 2 shall be "Adopt the new paragraph".
4.6 - Option 3 shall be "Having no opinion certainly won't stop ME from voting". Votes for this option will be discarded and not counted towards anything at all.
4.7 - The Poll Options shall be: 1 Maximum votes per user; Run the poll for 7 days; Allow user to change vote; and Only show the results after someone has voted.
4.8 - Once the poll is created, lock the thread by clicking the lock / unlock button at the bottom of the post to avoid discussion.
4.9 - There may be no more than 3 (three) CCRs running at any one time.
4.10 - If a CCR fails, there may not be another vote to alter that effected paragraph for a period of 1 (one) month.
4.11 - A total of at least 20 votes must be cast between Option 1 and Option 2 for the vote to be valid -- votes cast for Option 3 will be discarded and not counted at all.
4.12 - At least 2/3 of the votes must be cast for Option 2 for the change to be made to the Constitution.
4.13 - It is the poll creator's responsibility to ensure that an admin has confirmed that no player has voted more than once by having said admin post his confirmation as a reply to the poll.
4.14 - It is the poll creator's responsibility to ensure the Constitution is updated appropriately -- the wiki admins who can update it are Special:Listadmins

Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 06:38:43 am »

I agree to this.

Also, I've talked to Excalibus, and he was planning on making a CCR when this vote is over.

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Viceroy Excalibus
Twisti's Flunky
Public Relations
----------

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:55 am »

Yes, I plan to do a follow up poll for the actual change. I thought that went without saying. I was just trying to address the issue of unpunished afk macroers in this thread. Afk macroing or properly formatting a proposed CCR change?  I pick my battles, the former seemed more important
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 01:20:43 pm »

14.2.0.4, which covers only previously undefinded/unruled aspects of AFK macroing, makes no mention of needing a CCR. I'm not sure it's neccessary to have one in this instant.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
[FFFUUUU]Pending
[Poll Authority]
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:19:00 pm »

As the poll authority I say yes.

9:01:50 pm OUCH!! [FFFUUUU]Pending got an annoying popup farming.
9:01:35 pm OUCH!! [FFFUUUU]Pending got an annoying popup farming.
8:59:41 pm OUCH!! [FFFUUUU]Pending got an annoying popup farming.
8:57:23 pm OUCH!! [FFFUUUU]Pending got an annoying popup farming.

They ARE annoying.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 11:04:37 pm »

As the poll authority I say yes.

It's official now.
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Poll: AFK macroing/Constitutional change
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group