TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2020, 05:04:34 am
Home Login Register
News: Dieck chopped down a Western Hemlock tree for Purple Haze, getting 31 pieces of wood and 5 Seeds (Max Yield: 0.1%) (Starting Odds: 152.59%)

Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Viceroy Deadly Insane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Viceroy Deadly Insane  (Read 3232 times)
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:40 am »

On Wednesday 7th of September 2011 at 05:48:32 AM
    Viceroy Deadly Insane (Starsmile) sent 16000000000 gold from the Treasury to (Starsmile)! (Bureaucrat's Profile)

The Transfer of gold from the Treasury to a player is not a power granted to any Viceroy.

The actual powers and responsibilities are spelled out exactly in "Any single Viceroys has the power and responsibility to commit the following actions." (1)
Per the ToS "exploiting a bug in the game (moreso if the bug has not been reported" (2)

Therefore it may be possible that Viceroy Deadly Insane may have broken the ToS by way of exploitation of a bug that granted the government officials more power than they were constitutionally given.  This being said, further action may fall under Administration's jurisdiction.  Since the number of government officials is relativity small compared to the Toadwater community, there is a possibility that this “bug” may not have been reported (regardless of whether or not it was know about matters not per ToS Quote to be posted shortly) which would magnify the severity of the infraction.

"The ToS is still enforced for anything not mentioned in the constitution."  (3)

Full Context of Quotes
(1)
"§10 - Any single Viceroys has the power and responsibility to commit the following actions.
§10.1 - Start edicts people have purchased. To purchase an edict, the player has to donate the edict price plus 50 (fifty) million gold, then provide a Viceroy with a link to his profile. The edict can be started at any time as long as no other conflicting edict is running or was scheduled earlier.
§10.2 - Teleport new players to SWI or to the new worlds. If possible, the price should be covered by the player in question, but in cases of actual new players being too poor, Government funds may be used at the Viceroys discretion.
§10.3 - Locate inactives. At the Viceroys discretion, inactives may be located to help clean out base expansions. This is not to be used to locate active players with ill intent.
§10.4 - Locate, poison and teleport raiders. Completely up to the discretion of the Viceroy.
§11 - Any 2 (two) out of the 3 (three) Viceroys have the power and responsibility to commit the following actions.
§11.1 - Player harassment. Teleportation, location and poison features can be used to harrass any player the Government wishes to punish, delay or temporarily incapacitate for any reason.
§11.2 - Raise or lower the taxes to a level of their choosing.
§11.3 - Spend Government money on edicts."

(2)
"Circumventing official game mechanics is defined roughly by using a macro program non-attended: this allows you to play without actually playing (the definition of non-attended is up to the Toadwater Development Group's discretion), exploiting a bug in the game (moreso if the bug has not been reported), using an alternative client or using popup circumvention devices (something that makes a popup go away without you actually having to type something in)."

(3)
To attempt to clear this all up.

The ToS is the highest document, every account agrees to it when started.  As a choice by the the current Toadwater Administration, we have decided to let the government enforce the constitution over certain pieces of the ToS.  At anytime, this could change.  The ToS is still enforced for anything not mentioned in the constitution.

Currently, the Toadwater Administration yields decisions to the constitution in matters of AFK Macroing and multiclienting.  This decision is not a permanent choice, and is structured around the idea that players should be judged by their peers.

"The ToS is still enforced for anything not mentioned in the constitution."

*This post has been altered when the Toadwater Wiki was restored so I could insert exact wording of both the ToS and the Constitution
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:21:07 pm by America » Logged

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »

The guide can still be accessed via http://213.239.209.215/Guide/index.php/Main_Page for the time being.

Like I told you multiple times yesterday, this is not a bug. It's a regular feature that has been around almost since the start of the government, back when it was still the Presidents office. It even has its own custom button with icon that says "Send Funds". No matter how hard you rage, it's not going to magically turn into a bug.

ps.: Good job on still not starting an impeachment poll.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:38 pm »

http://www.toadwater.com/index.php/topic,28908.0.html

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:26:18 pm »

Moreover, if this is deemed not a breach of the ToS by the administration, I ask that the remaining Viceroy handle this situation according to "12 - In cases of previously unruled cheating, the combined Government has the power and responsibility to agree on a punishment, which is then used for further cases and added to the Constitution." as the removal of taxes/player donated funds from the government treasury is not a constitutional power granted to any viceroy. 

If this is the case, I recommend immediate suspension/removal from the position of viceroy with an administration assisted seizure of stolen funds.  I believe this is well within your granted powers of 12.

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:08:23 pm »

Moreover, if this is deemed not a breach of the ToS by the administration, I ask that the remaining Viceroy handle this situation according to "12 - In cases of previously unruled cheating, the combined Government has the power and responsibility to agree on a punishment, which is then used for further cases and added to the Constitution." as the removal of taxes/player donated funds from the government treasury is not a constitutional power granted to any viceroy. 

If this is the case, I recommend immediate suspension/removal from the position of viceroy with an administration assisted seizure of stolen funds.  I believe this is well within your granted powers of 12.

The guide can still be accessed via http://213.239.209.215/Guide/index.php/Main_Page for the time being.

Like I told you multiple times yesterday, this is not a bug. It's a regular feature that has been around almost since the start of the government, back when it was still the Presidents office. It even has its own custom button with icon that says "Send Funds". No matter how hard you rage, it's not going to magically turn into a bug.

ps.: Good job on still not starting an impeachment poll.

I did not cheat anything but the players of their gold, any Viceroy have this ability, it's one of the powers granted to a viceroy. If you and the rest of the people had tried to remove me earlier, this wouldnt have happened. The only reason I took the money was to see if anyone cared.

And Mayer; if you really want to remove me from office you should take a look in Pendings Viceroy removal poll, Change the title so people know what the thread is all about, say something that clearly shows that it is a Viceroy Removal poll. One more thing, why didnt you make it an impeachment poll instead? Since I've clearly broken the rules in the Constitution several times, Impeachment polls only need 1/2 of the voters to vote yes, while a Viceroy removal poll requires 3/4 of voters to agree to remove me from office.

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

<@Travis> I know it's hard to belive, but I've taken a ton of english classes.
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:06 pm »

when i made the poll, the wiki was down so I didnt know the exact constitutional way for impeachment.

and if you read my post you would realize that to transfer money to a player IS NOT a constitutionally given power of a viceroy

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:18 pm »

I know, but it also say nothing about not using it, so according to me, I didnt break the Constitution by stealing the government funds.

when i made the poll, the wiki was down so I didnt know the exact constitutional way for impeachment.

Ok, I can see that, but why not wait?

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:34:15 pm »

Government powers are usually pretty vauge, but twisti did a good job in black and whiteing this shit "Any single Viceroys has the power and responsibility to commit the following actions."

and I didnt wait because I want the fucking tree as I put in 5 of that 16b you stole.  the damned process is a week long.  I've already waited a week for Ex' poll to finish so youve just tacked on another week before it can be relased.

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »

Well just donate another 16B and we don't have to wait.
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »

and whats to say the bug, unconstitutional power, will not be exploited again?

deadly insane can not have access to the treasury when the money is there...so that leaves waiting another week 

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Deadly Sane
Public Relations
----------

DAAAAH!!

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 04:55:17 pm »

Again, it is no bug, every viceroy can use that power to whatever he wants to, it's up to the people to do something about it if a viceroy does something wrong, Constitutional or morally.

Another thing, when I first saw the "Deadly Insane" topic/poll I was looking at it via the recent posts button on the main page, it said nothing about removal from office/impeachment, it just listed the wrong doings I've done, so you probably shouldnt talk about others being vague.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:07:51 pm by Viceroy Deadly Insane » Logged

(\__/)
(O.o )

Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Viceroy Deadly Insane
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group