Welcome to Toadwater. Click here to play!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 10:46:13 pm
Home Login Register
News: Crowbarella finished breaking & scutching a field of Retted Hemp (Crop Yield: 834 Raw Fibers, 353 Seeds) (+ Thirst Surge Bonus!)

Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Admin removal of the Constitution 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Admin removal of the Constitution  (Read 2288 times)
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« on: September 16, 2011, 06:09:58 pm »

The government is broken in TW1.  The caring player base isn't large enough to alter the document and its structure has left it impossible now for 2 months to remove a government official who has stolen the player's money from the treasury.

I ask that you remove the government as a whole or alter completely and drastically.

post opinions here.  This is not a vote but a request.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:11:59 pm by America » Logged

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff — I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Sgt Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

Regno, Regnavi, Sum sine regno, Regnabo

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »

I will also add the dereliction of duty when it comes to punishing afk macroers. 

I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff — I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day...

Above all. . .Semper Fi
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:18:30 pm »

I agree that with the current largely uncaring player base it's hard to get anywhere with the Government. Of course that could have been changed in time - it's not exactly a shocking revelation that the forums are used less. But of course the player base was too lazy to bother, and instead decided to not care until it was broken and then complain. Which really is the issue with the current situation too - people, like "America" here, are too lazy to actually bother.

I guess while you wanted Deadly removed from his position, you just couldn't be assed to write out all the things he did wrong. Or PM people asking them to vote. Or send out a game wide announcement alerting players that 16 bil were stolen. You cared that Deadly was removed, but you just didn't care enough to put in more than the 30 seconds it took you to make your half assed poll that has "Action" as its question.

In that spirit, while in general I agree that the player base has gotten too lazy and apathetic to be trusted with a democratic system, I'm not going to jump and remove the Government over night just so you can get Deadly removed faster. With your lazy and inept poll, you and the dimwitted retards who voted to keep him pretty much got what you deserve. So while I will suggest to Travis that the TW Administration abolishes the Government of TW1 as a failed experiment when TW2 officially launches, I'm not going to do anything about it for now.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
lax
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »

I don't see the government as a failed experiment, the constitution is just a bit too strict. It's a different thing having a real life government and a constitution, since here people can just choose not to log in for a while if they wish. If they happen to do that and people need them for something, they can't get rid of them without, say 20 people. The constitution needs to be modified for TW2, without any of that voting crap, just start a new thread and discuss about that, maybe you can actually accomplish something!

The constitution should be something that works for 200 or 2 people, not just something in between! Learn from the mistakes and previous changes and votes etc. etc. I think you catch my drift here..

Evolution of the Dwarf
Viceroy Excalibus
Twisti's Flunky
Public Relations
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »

I believe there will be no gov't or Constitution in TW2.
Kevinger
----------

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »

Candidates Ready to Trash Constitution to Fight ISIS: “Time To Put Life Ahead of Civil Liberties”

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 02:49:39 pm »

I know this is spam, but it's so good I'm leaving this one.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Archives  |  Old Tavern Posts  |  Government Discussion  |  Topic: Admin removal of the Constitution
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group