TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2020, 06:39:02 am
Home Login Register
News: Richard chopped down a Western Hemlock tree for Purple Haze, getting 23 pieces of wood and 1 Seed (Max Yield: 0.1%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Client Bug - Possible Compatibility Issue? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Client Bug - Possible Compatibility Issue?  (Read 1537 times)
Ordos
Centivelian
----------

« on: September 27, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

I posted about this in 1.2 Client, still persists in 1.3 but with a new problem that really... really sucks.

When I play in the same Client for 3+ hours sometimes the screen will stop updating when an action is submitted to the server, the health will update and inventory and skills, but the screen will not.

The new problem is... when I reloaded my client this time, my entire map was deleted... I had ALOT explored Sad

12:28:23 am   Ordos set a NEW RECORD, finding 1 Death Cap Mushrooms in one crop!! (Total Found: 1)
12:24:32 am    OMFG!!! Ordos found a Death Cap Mushroom!!! [APPLAUSE] (Total Found: 2)

11:34:30 am    Fred proved someone was at the computer by answering an Annoying PopUp! (300.17 Minutes!)
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »

I'll need the printout from the debug link, or there's nothing I can do about it.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Nordling
Centivelian
----------

I was a God!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:18:11 am »

Hmm, I didn't know whe had a place called Alot on Toadwater? Smiley
sathenist
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:26 am »

The new problem is... when I reloaded my client this time, my entire map was deleted... I had ALOT explored Sad

Every time I reopen my client the map is gone. I also have the bug where it stops updating... but not so frequently :p
Epic
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »

Add me to the list, client crashed and I have lost my map.

Is there a file we can backup to keep our map?

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:51:44 pm »

Yes, it's misleadingly called "toadwater.map". And without the debug printouts, I just can't do anything. Sorry.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Ordos
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:28:11 pm »

Aside from helping Twisti fix this problem, I found a "I hope" temporary fix to this problem.

My client froze up bad this morning, couldn't close out and I knew my map was going to get deleted again.

I loaded a second client before I used windows to stop the process of the frozen client.

While my map was not updated, it was not deleted.

12:28:23 am   Ordos set a NEW RECORD, finding 1 Death Cap Mushrooms in one crop!! (Total Found: 1)
12:24:32 am    OMFG!!! Ordos found a Death Cap Mushroom!!! [APPLAUSE] (Total Found: 2)

11:34:30 am    Fred proved someone was at the computer by answering an Annoying PopUp! (300.17 Minutes!)
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Client Bug - Possible Compatibility Issue?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group