TOADWATER IS ACTUALLY DEAD :-(
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 03:12:04 am
Home Login Register
News: While picking a Basil Herb Halcyon found an extra one because of the awesome alchemy buff.

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: TheLuaan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: TheLuaan  (Read 26335 times)
Durzo
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:49 am »

just start dicking everything.

make everything you get from afk shit rotten.  its useless! rotten leaves, rotten seeds, rotten wood.

you gained it through rotten means, it should be rotten. 

but travis has a point.  everything being shitty doesnt lend to people playing the game.  but i mean, already got that 9bux, so who cares.
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:34 am »

if no one cares about afk macroing, just make it ok.  get rid of popups all together
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:09 am »

The reason for tw2 was so the game could get back on an even playing field-one that was screwed up by years of multiclient, bug exploits, and broken/missing pop ups.

if this doesn't get fixed now, tw3 will be a few years down the road because of people who will put my bitching to shame.

Ive already lost 1 character that Ive put 9 years into.

Draco
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 05:44:32 am »

9 years? my oldest account is only 8 years.  Undecided
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:35:57 am »

I don't really get what the end goal here is. Instant account deletion for everyone who misses a popup once ? Twice ? Five times ? AFK macroing is not viable if you want to compete with a human being. What more do you really want ?

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:14:52 pm »

The no exp punishment is not detering afk macroing.  That is what Im getting at. 

In TW1, 2 afk infractions in a month = 1/2 exp loss.  There were some who broke this, but a majority locked themselves down if they got 1.

The 5 min is a bit harsher in tw2, so I think it would be completely acceptable that after 5 infractions within 1 month span, half of any skill that recieved a macro infraction in be cut in half.

Or you could just lock the character down completely for a certain amount of time, though I think the first option to be better.
Dabz
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »

If my two cents are worth 2 cents. I am starting to see Mayer's point.

I have gotten a couple of the infractions and now if I plan on walking away from my computer for more than a couple minutes I try to make it a point to watch my que empty before leaving.

I will leave something in the que to say go take a leak or get a cup of coffee because I plan on being back on the game within a short period of time, but if I plan on going outside or basically being away for anything over a few minutes I don't leave anything in the que.

Yes occasionally a person may plan on going to just go get a drink of water and then someone or something else may get their attention and ... OH CRAP.. its been over 5 minutes. I think Meyers point is well taken, because if a player become aware that .. "hmm you know I've got 3 of those dang afk infractions in the last few weeks. I had better not go to the bathroom or anything with anything in my que."

The point is in my opinion that the infractions actually make you worry. They make you give a shit that you are being punished for something, regardless of whether or not you were actually doing something wrong. If you know you are going to be "Actually" punished in a way that will harm you you start giving a crap about walking away with something in your que.

I know that you don't have to be doing something wrong to get them. It happens, but if we have real punishments and a clear set of rules ( I suggest a popup saying to read a post after the rules are made so anyone who plays will be certain to not miss it) I believe the game will be most improved.

I would suggest a few things in setting up the rules. 1 When a player recieves said infraction it will be displayed in the message that this is 1 or 2 or 3 or 4th infraction and said player has so many days left until infraction worries will be gone.

There are a few ways I see it working, maybe they can start at the beginning of each month and you get however many is decided in that month and each month slate is cleaned, or if you get more than 1 it takes a week for that to be removed. so if you get 3 in one week your gonna have to wait 3 weeks to get them completely cleared. This seems a little harsh, but meh.. can be tweaked to however majority decides. I mean it would suck to get one at the beginning of each week and constantly have to see you had an ifraction, but hey, it is a punishment so you try to not get them.

I don't really know what to do about the mats or xp gained so that is gonna have to come from someone who can think about this more. I'll try to chime in on good ideas.

Anyway, this is a long enough post about my 2 cents.

Thank you for your time,
 Dabz

Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

this wouldnt be an issue if we still had a government Wink

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »

A bit more than 260m cooking experience disagrees with this statement  :Smiley.  If my memory serves me correctly.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »

Yeah, the government worked like 15% of the time.  Perfect track record.
TheLuaan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 09:44:29 pm »

Eh, I think you're thinking too hard about AFK macroing versus working while under an AFK timer.

You can't AFK macro unless you have a way around the popups - the prompt for the code blocks your game until you answer. The XP punishment is on top of this. It's the only useful punishment anyway - you can gain materials through a different account if you really care about it (especially woodpile pickup, crop picking and all those others that don't need any skill). Which is why I suggested two other punishments that might have an effect, the 1gp price of items produced Travis already talked about here (and yes, it does make a difference for subsequent whittling and construction, since the price of those products depends on the price of the materials used; 1gp wood will only get you 2gp fences), the other one is stopping your workers for the duration of the punishment (and possibly while waiting for an answer to the popup too), although Travis probably wouldn't want to mess with the worker code Cheesy
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:38:13 am »

I may be the only one...but ever piece of wood i get, i plankify...every plank i fenceify...every fence i workify.  a price reduction will not effect that string of events in the least bit
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 04:15:15 am »

it seems that a majority of the players outhousify 90% of their planks cause of the thirst break

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 04:22:00 am »

that explains the management experience gap  Grin

stupid noobs
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:33 am »

yeah, although the main reason for that is not many want to commit all 7 workers to fences. making outhouses gives a lot of gold. i got my management so high at first mainly just having all 7 do trees, i cant imagine where id be if they were doing fences since i started, lol

TheLuaan
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »

I may be the only one...but ever piece of wood i get, i plankify...every plank i fenceify...every fence i workify.  a price reduction will not effect that string of events in the least bit

That's because you don't workerify your trees. I have more than 100k wood in storage. There's no time to work it all, at best I can sell it. And my whittling/construction is more limited by GPs (and time, of course) than by wood, obviously. Once you start working your trees on a larger scale, wood is no longer the limiting factor for whittling / construction... Which is why removing the whittling/construction delay (as suggested earlier by some new player) would be such a terrible idea Cheesy
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

15% of the time, it ALWAYS worked, Travis.

Yeah, and 85% it ALWAYS didn't work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: TheLuaan
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group