TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 02:23:09 am
Home Login Register
News: caspian chopped down a Black Oak Tree, getting 1 piece of wood and 1 Seed  (Odds: 63.09%)

Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Bugs about Alchemy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bugs about Alchemy  (Read 2077 times)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« on: January 28, 2012, 10:04:01 am »

Please post here with any bugs found with the alchemy skill.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:13:32 pm »

The walking reduction tonic buff doesn't show in the buff window.  Cry

I've got like 25+ buffs I need to add.  I don't think the current buff window system can handle this, so it'll be a few days.

Herb picking gloves don't go away when they hit 0 value.

Fixed, turned out the Toadwater 1 code was also flawed.

Herbs don't automagically go into the herb bag... instead, they go into your inventory, and you can manually put them in.

Should work similar to radish and seed bags, imo.

Herbs found from random tasks go into there now.  Check out my topic about if picking herbs should go in there.
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:04:50 am »

What about this?
Feature or bug?

Two things, really.  1:  if the nodes collapse like mines, but we have many fewer nodes than mines, the spawn rate would have to be higher to accommodate?  2:  If the nodes don't collapse at all... well... If that's intentional, please confirm?

Should be fixed.  They should collapse and move around now.

Thank you for reporting all of these bugs.
tizzy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:13:58 am »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there is no Barrel Churn to buy as the wiki says to do.

I tried just using the flask but nothing happened, so I'm guessing we still need the Barrel Churn.
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 12:41:37 am »

i havent tried the new system, but maybe an oar will suffice?
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:17 am »

Sorry about that, added barrel churns to the store.
tizzy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:32 am »

Okay, got the another issue with the potion making in alchemy.

I click on the herb to fill the lab and it says "no more slots"  So I tried the churn on it figuring someone must have filled it and left cuz there was no churns.  Nothing happens.

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?
Dabz
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:14:39 pm »

Had one gold radish tonic and one crude flask and when clicking U while having recipe selected it said you do not have enough basil herbs and Both exploded. I used the proper recipe to make the gr recipe so not sure what is going on but at 10k a pop them flasks breaking isnt so funny. Also. When u drink the tonic later do the flasks become empty again. If. Of they don't seem to be of much use for the price. Something. Amex a crude flask that gets destroyed in use should be worth like 1 or 10 g maybe at most.

tizzy
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  If it is a one time use at those prices, I don't see using/making them is worth what the recipe does, at least not the ones i've seen so far. 

Is there any reason later in the game that one would not want to poo?  Or is this more of a convenience say like when raiding?
Dabz
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:56:16 pm »

The White Icicle Tonic only lasts for 20 minutes instead of an hour.

edit: also only gives half the buff power  still need to eat 5 more icicles   due to the high cost of the bottles i did not try to see if 2 tonics would work  i haven't tried any of the other tonics in hopes of an upcoming fix to the skill.

also made crimson giant tonic with 5 each cg and basil but the 20000gold tonics only buffed as 1 single cg rad.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:27:34 pm by Dabz » Logged

Dabz
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:41:22 pm »

Re: Alchemy, New Bamboo, Tons of New Herbs, Herb Bag and fun stuff!
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:40 pm    
The much awaiting sequel will be coming out before 10 pm (CST) Tuesday.  It might be a few minutes before, it might be days before, but it will be before then.

This update promises to make alchemy suck at least 4.23% less.

If the above includes a list of Tonics and recipes it might suck up to 5% less. I don't see ANYONE wasting their herbs to just guess how to make new recipes. I don't believe all the hype about how players just love to "figure stuff out on their own" 

I say tell us what ya got and see who wants to make it.   m2c

also. Fixing of prices of the different herbs, recipes and gloves would be an improvement. All set to 1 is kinda lazy imo again.  I just did a little test with one glove in inventory that had a value of 5 and made another pair and it just made 2 pair at a value of 10, but when using the gloves they went down as 1 pair. bonk. Same problems as the milking gloves.   

4.23% might be a little ambitious, but good luck.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:45:38 pm by Dabz » Logged

Dabz
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 03:38:19 am »

I can't keep up where all the alchemy posts are at in the different main topics or whatever they are called, but somewhere I am pretty sure I remember Travis posting something along the lines of if you put multiple items in the alchemy lab it would somehow be able to make multiple items. I took this to mean that if you put in say 10 gold radishes and then put in 50 basil herbs then by using the barrel churn 10 times it would make 10 gold radish tonics.   Just putting in my line of thinking because I want to make sure how I understand things to work. I feel like TNTJOE sometimes and don't get my words out straight.

I tried this by experimenting and put 2 gold radishes in then putting in 10 basil herbs.

It creates a useless tonic recipe.. well I am guessing this is what it created. Actually my invntory was full and when I sold an item and tried the churn again, it said the lab was empty. So we know a little more about how things work.

Hope this is of some help somehow. I just felt that someone is going to have to do some experimenting if were ever going to actually find out what we have available to us.

Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toad Server Cage  |  General Support  |  Topic: Bugs about Alchemy
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group