TOADWATER IS ACTUALLY DEAD :-(
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2022, 03:27:20 am
Home Login Register
News: Halcyon found a Ring Worm Plant Herb while doing some Alchemy

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Returning Player's Questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Returning Player's Questions  (Read 14929 times)
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »

So I figured I would keep asking questions in this thread instead of making a new topic.

Tried getting in IRC last night, logged in as me, and saw the channel load with all the current and idle members.  Before I could do anything, the chat window went black and all I could see was the Toadwater tab at the top of that window, nothing more.

Am  I  missed an addon for Java or some other program?

Thanks.

5:32:23 pm Gamwof wove a Radish Basket (Odds: 4.84%) 165 xp
"1st Times a Charm!"

(798.82) 6.69:24 Gamwof found a Gold Radish! (Total Found: 1)
Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »

I had this problem on my laptop with Ie.  I switched to FF and it fixed itself.  which browser are you using?
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 04:06:57 pm »

IE as well.  Never really switched to the other browers because I try to limit things I download on my PC.  Also figured, a browser is a browser is a browser.

"1st Times a Charm!"

Yancie
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »

IE as well.  Never really switched to the other browers because I try to limit things I download on my PC.  Also figured, a browser is a browser is a browser.

A browser is not a browser is not a browser.
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 04:22:51 pm »

Tongue

What perks do FF, Chrome, etc. have?  I'm not being antagonistic, I just figured as long as it gets me where I need to go, and all the sites work properly, I'm happy.

"1st Times a Charm!"

Mayer
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »

Ive just found FF to run smoother on most sites.  My college also fits their website and the online class portal to FF, so its been my browser of choice for a few years now.

As for perks?  As far as ive seen, they all do the same thing with a different desktop icon  :Smiley
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 05:10:32 pm »

I'll give it the ol' Ridell try I suppose and see if FF fixes my problems with IRC.

I need to get on to learn how the whole jumping mechanic works nowadays.  Couldn't find a map breakdown as to which square in CW leads to what section of the continent.  Especially now that I'm trying to bring back another player who has already jumped, it will be helpful in making my walk a bit shorter.

Are there rules on fencing off areas, size, etc.?

"1st Times a Charm!"

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

All directions lead to the same place: the center of SWI, next to the teleporter cave. You can fence off however much you want.

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »

Thanks Twisti!

Does the teleporter take everyone to the same place, and then its ultimately how far you want to travel before setting up a base?

Also, I saw the picture posted earlier of the new super-landmass.  Anyone have coordinates from one end to the other, ie the maxes, to help folks exploring for a home gauge where they are in relation to the map in its entirety?

Thanks again.  Hoping to make my jump this weekend, mass producing fences as we speak Smiley.

Edit: Also, looking at the map, the southeast is all shallow water where folks can walk.  How did people end up on the big islands in the West if we don't have boats (last I checked)?  Seems an ideal scenario to get on an island, if possible, as you're defended by water.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:34:31 pm by Gamwof » Logged

"1st Times a Charm!"

[rebel]arp
Centivelian
----------

The Baddest of Them All

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 11:19:42 pm »

Jumping from cw lands you on SWI which has an entrance to a cave with 16(?) teleporters in it.  Each one will take you to a separate area of the world, and these teleporters are arranged so that they will take you to a similar area of the map in respect to its positioning in the cave.  Any land that you can fence is open, there isn't a large competition for land at the moment.  Any one of the teleporters will take you to open land, you can wander around or use the map until you find an area that interests you.
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:06 am »

Update: Downloaded Firefox and IRC works without a problem..  Only issue now is everyone is idle!!!!

"1st Times a Charm!"

Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 11:12:21 am »

Well, you are were around only for a few minutes at 9:30am European central time, where all us Euro guys still sleep, and which is like 4am US time, where all the US guys already sleep. Pretty much the most silent time of the day ;)

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »

First, I wanted to say that it was fun to finally get to talk to some of you folks this weekend over IRC, it was of great help too!

In the full world, is cloud cover / fog of war (for lack of a better phrase) intended to cover up areas you've already travelled through in your field of view?  I placed fencing yesterday, but going back towards those fences, I could not see them until they were within my 3 block view.  Is this because I am launching from my profile and have not saved the game directly to my desktop, or is this a new change?

From a player perspective this is something I'd like to get around so I can remember where everything is in my base, heh. Thanks.

"1st Times a Charm!"

Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »

Upon further consideration, is my visibility, or say "knowledge" of what I've already seen, related to the PC I'm running on and not the account?  Or in other terms, my home PC will recall clearing those squares or "seeing" them, but because I'm now on my work PC, I haven't discovered that land to store on this PC yet.

Let me know if this is correct.  Thanks.

"1st Times a Charm!"

Mr. Demus, Himself
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 01:27:15 pm »

It is related to your PC.  It is map data that is saved everytime you close down the client.  What you see on your work PC will not show up on your other PC.

Gnilehdnam Artamus
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

It is related to your PC.  It is map data that is saved everytime you close down the client.  What you see on your work PC will not show up on your other PC.

The way I get around that is to save my map to a flash drive and take it home (or to work).  It is a PITA but I only do that if I have done a LOT of exploring.

Dorothy "How can you talk if you haven't any brains?"

Scarecrow "I don't know.  But some people without brains do an awful LOT of talking, don't they?"
Gamwof
Apprentice
----------

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 03:10:28 pm »

Thanks gentlemen.  It made sense to me after my original post.  I think that's a good idea Myrrdin, even though it may get a bit annoying after a while.

By the way, nice to see you Myrrdin! Another familiar name/face from back in the day.

"1st Times a Charm!"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  Mopsi's Modern Tavern  |  Topic: Returning Player's Questions
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group