TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 06:18:08 am
Home Login Register
News: Oompa chopped down a Persimmon tree for Mopsi, getting 5 pieces of wood and 8 Seeds (Max Yield: 22.88%) (Starting Odds: 70.72%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Cant install game Please help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cant install game Please help  (Read 1327 times)
Artaniss
----------

« on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:45 am »

How do I install this game? I tried to use web launcher and it downloads a JNLP file or something like that. Then I downloaded the actual file and could not open it. PLease tell me what to do. Thanks...
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:51:19 am »

Try downloading the first zip file in this download page:  http://www.toadwater.com/TWeb/Download.html

And then from then on, always launch it with the web launcher.

Let us know if you have any problems,
Travis
Artaniss
----------

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:04:28 am »

Ok I see two files one says for thos who dont use windows. it is a raw file and below is an actual zip file 1.4. I dnwloaded both and still couldnt launch. Once I download do I need to go to setup? and once I do, I click on web launcher but that wants to download a java file that still cant get to run. PLease let me know. Sorry for noobness Smiley
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:10 am »

Ok I see two files one says for thos who dont use windows. it is a raw file and below is an actual zip file 1.4. I dnwloaded both and still couldnt launch. Once I download do I need to go to setup? and once I do, I click on web launcher but that wants to download a java file that still cant get to run. PLease let me know. Sorry for noobness Smiley

Just to make sure, do you have the latest java installed?  Also what Operating system are you using?   

Feel free to drop by in Chat (it's a button at the top) and we can talk in real time about this.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:45 am »

This is terrible advice. Don't listen to Travis, if you do what he said, you will end up with two different versions of TW installed. Don't ever use the zip/download. It's only for those who have webstart disabled at work.

Artaniss, I'm afraid I can't do much with "could not open it". Can you describe the problem in more detail ? Do you get an error message ? What does it say ? What happens when you double click the JNLP file ? Does your computer freeze ? Reboot ? Does it ask a question ? Does nothing at all happen ?

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
JaydedLeigh
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:08 am »

Brique is having the same problem has asked me to help get him back up and running on his laptop.  All the sudden today tw just will not open. He clicks it and the usual logo shows up then disappears and nothing else happens.  I've gone thru uninstalled the program then deleted anything tw related and reinstalled.. Same thing is happening.  Click on the "click here to play" or on the desktop icon and same things happen pops up for about a second then nada.
Lackey Twisti
Toadwater God
----------

Test: teeeeest

Infected with Gay Fever

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:55 am »

Could you see if there are any errors in your event log ?

If nothing is to be found in the event logs, you could try following this advice, and copy and paste anything printout out in the console:

http://confluence.concord.org/display/CCTR/Enabling+Windows+Java+WebStart+Console

<+farmyb> id say my spelling and grammar is pretty good
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: Cant install game Please help
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group