TOADWATER IS DEAD! LONG LIVE TOADWATER!
Toadwater Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2019, 06:20:37 am
Home Login Register
News: Mooj chopped down a Persimmon tree for Mopsi, getting 1 piece of wood and 7 Seeds (Max Yield: 22.93%) (Starting Odds: 70.87%)

Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: [GUIDE] Mining (Beginner). 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Mining (Beginner).  (Read 2214 times)
Gribby
Centivelian
----------

« on: October 16, 2013, 06:42:34 pm »

So you're aging some trees, waiting for fields to fertilise, bored of bamboo and need a new hobby. Try mining!

What you need to get yourself started:

• Healing items (preferably Hearty Red Strawberries) - If you ask nicely some higher level players may help you with this.
  • A wood duck.
  • A reasonable poo level. Mining takes a LOT of health, and there is a lot of walking. I started at around 80 poo.
  • A Gold Radish, or 75 popup points.

Have all these? Right, use your wood duck and you should end up on South Winter Isle. Head down into the cave where the teleporters are, and head to this one:

You'll end up in the top right end of the world, north of the mine. Check this map to see (roughly 8.03n, 16.53w) : http://tw.trojal.net/map/ (you can also use this map to get your bearings inside the mine).
Head straight south.

You should end up at the entrance to a mine, with an old dwarf at the entrance. Click him without anything selected, he will ask you for a Gold Radish. Click him with one selected and you will get a pickaxe in return. If you don't want to fork out a Gold Radish for a pickaxe, you can buy one with popup points. (That's if you've been a well behaved player!)

So now you have a pickaxe.
Next, start walking down one of the passageways and you should come across some strange looking rocks. You're looking for this guy:

It's as simple as clicking it with your pickaxe selected. You'll get some ore, and 1/5 chance of the rock collapsing. Once it collapses, it disappears and you can't mine it anymore. Keep moving along and you'll find more! Be wary, it costs a lot of health to mine a rock, and there is a lot of walking involved. Always keep in mind how much health / poo you'd need to get out, or you'll get stuck! For added safety bring a passenger pigeon, but bear in mind how many free slots you have for ores and other goodies that you might find!

You'll be unable to mine these rocks to begin with, but as you gain in experience (it tells you how much you need when you hover over then in-game), you'll be able to mine them!

500xp:

1,000xp:

2,500xp:

5,000xp:

So now you have a pile of ore. Head back to South Winter Island (either retracing your steps, or using another wood duck), head northwest and you'll see a dwarf outside of a house. Speak to him by clicking him with nothing selected, follow what he says, and you'll get a key to the house.

Inside the house, in the left hand side room, there is a furnace where you can smelt your ores into bars (10*ore level ores per bar), and make things on the anvil. In order to make something, you need to buy a pattern from the shop. These are reasonably expensive, at 1,000,000 gold each. Place the pattern on the anvil by clicking the anvil with the pattern selected. It used to be that you had to change the pattern each time at a substantial cost, however, thanks to Travis' recent update, once you've bought one you can switch to it at any time. In order to do this, click the anvil with nothing selected.

This covers the basics of mining. Once you are comfortable enough, you can light a post in the furnace and head into the dark mines next to Rami. Be careful not to get stuck!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:57:29 pm by Gribby » Logged

<[twisti]>: Gribby, are you single and a hot girl by any chance ?
<[twisti]>: if so, marry me
<Gribby>: LOL what?
<[twisti]>: well, i dont mind men, but i wouldnt want to marry one
Ex
Toadwater God
----------

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 07:32:15 pm »

its better to smelt your ore in the mining guild, which is located to the right of the main mining entrance. youll get double the bars when smelting there and tinkering xp for fixing the machine when it breaks

Excalibus washed 7 Sun Fungus, now it's very shiny. Odds: (0.01%)

Excalibus successfully washed 3 gnarled carrots and found 2 Elder Carrots. Odds: 0.04%

Excalibus successfully mined six Ring Ore from a Bilfornite Mine! Odds: (0.01%)
Travis
Administrator
----------

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:24:48 am »

Great guide Gribby!

its better to smelt your ore in the mining guild, which is located to the right of the main mining entrance. youll get double the bars when smelting there and tinkering xp for fixing the machine when it breaks
I agree that's the best way, but not all players can access the mining guild.  It takes a while to get enough experience to enter.
Mr. Demus, Himself
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:08:33 am »

Nice guide Gribby  Smiley
I think you have covered everything there is to cover!

Terwin
Centivelian
----------

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:18 am »

I agree that's the best way, but not all players can access the mining guild.  It takes a while to get enough experience to enter.

So at what xp can you enter the mining guild? I have over 8k and still can't get in Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
Toadwater  |  Toadwater Inn  |  A Helping Hand  |  Topic: [GUIDE] Mining (Beginner).
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

The Toadwater Forums and Game are Copyright © 2014 The TW Development Group